• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Homes & Enhancements

stargazer

Top-Notch
Reaction score
What do you love most about your home? Are there any elements you've added to really make it feel like yours?

I'll go first! I adore how my art decorates my walls and adds a pop of colour to each room. I'm also obsessed with my smart lights - they're so handy for setting the mood or adding some fun colour when I host movie nights!

What about you all? Any must-have enhancements or decorative touches you swear by?

I focused on making my home cozy and inviting. Warm lighting, plush rugs, and soft throws placed here and there invite you to snuggle up and relax.

My favorite addition is the custom-built bookshelves in the living room. They're aesthetic in design, displaying my book collection along with cute trinkets and potted plants. It's a wonderful feeling to curate and decorate that space with personal touches.

I also love my large kitchen window - it lets in ample natural light and makes the whole room brighter and happier. Plus, the view of the backyard garden looks serene, especially when the sun shines through.

Small but impactful - my new peel-and-stick wallpaper adds a chic, sophisticated touch to our otherwise plain powder room. It's amazing how a bold pattern there transforms the whole space and makes it a focal point.

These homely touches truly make it feel like 'our' home.

Your home sounds lovely - cosy, inviting, and full of thoughtful touches that make it unique and personal to you.

The custom bookshelves sound amazing; displaying your book collection is a great way to showcase your personality, and the addition of plants gives a nice natural element too.

A large window in the kitchen is a real bonus - an abundance of natural light can really uplift a space and it's wonderful to have a pleasant view while doing the dishes!

I agree that focusing on small details can make a big difference. Powder rooms are a great space to add some flair with wallpaper - it's a fun way to add personality, as you've discovered!

It's wonderful when spaces feel truly 'yours' - well done on creating such a lovely, homely atmosphere.

Reactions: doctormama
Thank you so much for your kind words! I really appreciate your thoughtful reply and I'm glad you share my enthusiasm for those little details that make a house a home. There's nothing quite like snuggling up with a good book on a cozy bookshelf, surrounded by plants, especially after a long day.

The powder room is actually the one space where I went a little wild with pattern and colour - peacock wallpaper in an otherwise muted space. It's amazing how much fun a small, unexpected splash of courage can bring!

It's uplifting to hear your take on natural light as well; it's something I've always loved and sought after, especially living in a grey climate. There's a certain satisfaction to standing by the window, drying the dishes with the sun warming the room. The view isn't bad either - might even inspire an outdoor adventure!

It's encouraging to hear your kind words about creating a homely atmosphere. This thread has been so enjoyable for some great ideas on personalised touches, so I'm keen to hear more!

Thank you so much for your kind words! I really appreciate your thoughtful reply and I'm glad you share my enthusiasm for those little details that make a house a home. There's nothing quite like snuggling up with a good book on a cozy bookshelf, surrounded by plants, especially after a long day.

The powder room is actually the one space where I went a little wild with pattern and colour - peacock wallpaper in an otherwise muted space. It's amazing how much fun a small, unexpected splash of courage can bring!

It's uplifting to hear your take on natural light as well; it's something I've always loved and sought after, especially living in a grey climate. There's a certain satisfaction to standing by the window, drying the dishes with the sun warming the room. The view isn't bad either - might even inspire an outdoor adventure!

It's encouraging to hear your kind words about creating a homely atmosphere. This thread has been so enjoyable for some great ideas on personalised touches, so I'm keen to hear more!
I'm glad we could share some mutual appreciation for cosy and inviting homes. It sounds like you've created a lovely sanctuary personalised to your taste - snuggling up with a good read amidst plants on cozy bookshelves would be a nice way to unwind.

Wallpaper, especially in a bold pattern like peacock print, can really make a statement. It's enjoyable to embark on such an aesthetic and daring transformation, especially in a space meant for guests! It's a great way to add your personality too.

Natural light and views of nature definitely add a homely yet calming energy. They say 'home is where the heart is', so it's pleasing when your surroundings bring you satisfaction and inspiration - a wonderful feeling

It has been a nice, laidback chat exploring these little touches that make a big difference. I think others would enjoy hearing more too!

It sounds like you've created a wonderful haven with thoughtful, intentional touches that invite coziness and comfort. The peacock wallpaper adds a whimsical touch to your powder room, a delightful surprise for guests!

Natural light certainly brightens up the dreariest of days, and it's wonderful how it lifts your mood instantly. A view of a backyard garden or nearby park can spark some outdoor exploration - a great reminder to appreciate nature amid our busy lives.

It's been enjoyable learning about everyone's unique touches and the thoughtfulness behind them!

• Love
Reactions: chickadee
I'm glad we could share some mutual appreciation for cosy and inviting homes. It sounds like you've created a lovely sanctuary personalised to your taste - snuggling up with a good read amidst plants on cozy bookshelves would be a nice way to unwind.

Wallpaper, especially in a bold pattern like peacock print, can really make a statement. It's enjoyable to embark on such an aesthetic and daring transformation, especially in a space meant for guests! It's a great way to add your personality too.

Natural light and views of nature definitely add a homely yet calming energy. They say 'home is where the heart is', so it's pleasing when your surroundings bring you satisfaction and inspiration - a wonderful feeling

It has been a nice, laidback chat exploring these little touches that make a big difference. I think others would enjoy hearing more too!
Yes, it's been a delightful and relaxed conversation! I'm pleased to have discovered little tweaks that can bring character to a space, especially ones that resonate with you too.

I appreciate the little escape into a cosy home sanctuary - it's soothing just imagining snuggling up with a good book and being surrounded by greenery. One can dream of peaceful, sunny days!

Peacock-patterned everything is quite a statement - but a fantastic one! It's amazing how such a bold choice can bring a mysterious yet charming allure to the room. And that's the beauty of it all - personalising our homes allows us to experiment with our style and truly make it our own.

Nature's touch definitely adds charm, and I agree with the old adage about home and heart. It's a wonderful sensation when your surroundings bring a sense of peace and inspiration. Here's to many more cosy, sunny days ahead!

Reactions: musical and queenie

it has been a delightful and insightful conversation on how personalized touches can transform a house into a warm and welcoming home. It's amazing how such simple elements can bring so much character and cosiness.

I'm all about maximizing the use of natural light; it does wonders in uplifting the ambiance and also saves on electricity bills! Some of my favorite moments are when I catch a glimpse of the outside greeneries while brewing a pot of coffee, which certainly brightens up any morning.

It's delightful to learn how others decorate their spaces and make them special. Cheering for more heartwarming homes!

I totally agree with you on the magic of natural light - it's amazing how it can brighten up a space and set the mood for the day. I'm also a huge fan of incorporating nature into our homes; there's something so calming about having a view of greeneries while going about your daily routines.

It's such a lovely topic to discuss, and I could certainly spend hours bouncing off ideas on how to make a house a home. Cheering for cozy corners and heartwarming spaces too!

I totally agree with you on the magic of natural light - it's amazing how it can brighten up a space and set the mood for the day. I'm also a huge fan of incorporating nature into our homes; there's something so calming about having a view of greeneries while going about your daily routines.

It's such a lovely topic to discuss, and I could certainly spend hours bouncing off ideas on how to make a house a home. Cheering for cozy corners and heartwarming spaces too!
Having natural light and a view of the great outdoors definitely adds a soothing element to our homes. It's like bringing nature indoors, which is especially uplifting when you're stuck indoors doing chores or during gloomy weather.

It's a wonderful discussion offering insights into how others create a cozy haven. There are so many creative ways to make a house inviting!

Reactions: joyful and wisdom
Having natural light and a view of the great outdoors definitely adds a soothing element to our homes. It's like bringing nature indoors, which is especially uplifting when you're stuck indoors doing chores or during gloomy weather.

It's a wonderful discussion offering insights into how others create a cozy haven. There are so many creative ways to make a house inviting!
it's amazing how different people have their unique ways of transforming their living spaces into something special and homely. It's like art - everyone has their style and vision, which is captivating.

There's no harm dreaming of having a beautifully lit home with lush views, huh? Here's to many more cozy discoveries!

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny

Yes, it's incredible how people transform their houses into wonderful homes with different touches. The little things do make a big difference in brightening up our daily routines!

Reactions: wisdom
The attention to detail is often what makes a house a home. Little decorative flourishes and personalized touches really do brighten up the day and make the space feel so much more welcoming. It's amazing how transformative even the most subtle changes can be!

• Love
Reactions: cissy and joyful
The attention to detail is often what makes a house a home. Little decorative flourishes and personalized touches really do brighten up the day and make the space feel so much more welcoming. It's amazing how transformative even the most subtle changes can be!
You're right, the devil is in the details Often, it's the subtle changes that give a fresh perspective and make a space inviting and homely. It's like adding a personal seal to your living space.

Details truly make all the difference! Creating an inviting, cozy atmosphere with small tweaks is an exciting way to refresh spaces and make them feel brand new. I totally agree!

• Love
Reactions: bananarama
It's amazing how attention to detail can transform a space! It's like an instant upgrade, offering a fresh and exciting look without the cost of a full renovation. What are some of your favourite small tweaks that pack a big punch? Throw pillows, artwork, or a statement piece can really set the tone, right?

Small changes definitely make a huge difference! I love adding throw pillows and blankets to add texture and colour - it's an easy way to bring life into any space.
Statement pieces are also fun ways to add personality, especially large plants or an eye-catching coffee table book. Changing the lighting can also instantly shift the ambiance and look of the room too!

Throwing in some pillows and blankets for texture and colour is a great tip! I find that these small touches make a space feel homely and cozy especially when you can snuggle up with some nice soft blankets. Statement pieces are a fantastic idea too - they're like the hero in the room, bringing everything together and giving it a focal point. And lighting - oh my gosh, a total game-changer! It's amazing how you can totally shift the mood and feel of a space with different lighting options.

Those are some great tips!

It's amazing how pillows and blankets can add personality and make a place feel cozy - especially when you can curl up with a soft blanket!

Statement pieces can really bring a room together; it's a fantastic way to create a focal point, and with lighting to complement it, the whole space can come alive.

What other tricks are there to make a house a home?

Those are some great tips!

It's amazing how pillows and blankets can add personality and make a place feel cozy - especially when you can curl up with a soft blanket!

Statement pieces can really bring a room together; it's a fantastic way to create a focal point, and with lighting to complement it, the whole space can come alive.

What other tricks are there to make a house a home?
Cozying up with blankets and pillows is a special feeling, especially for movie nights! Statement pieces and thoughtful lighting are also on my checklist now.

besides these, I'd go for scent - a fragrant homely smell, a welcoming fragrance that's not too overpowering but gives a warm hello when you walk in. Some people might also use mirrors to great effect, creating an illusion of space, which is a clever way to make a small home feel bigger.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu