• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Home & Mum Products

That's so true! Finding those little hacks that help you stay one step ahead really make a difference, especially when you're a busy mum. I think we all have our own ways of doing this - it's such a personal thing too which makes it interesting to hear about other mums' routines and their must-have products!

For me, my life hack is having a dedicated 'Shoe Station' by the front door. Having a designated spot for shoes (especially those that we rush out of the house in) keeps things from getting chaotic first thing in the morning. It's amazing how something so simple can help me feel more prepared and keep the day organised! I also stock up on portable snacks - they're a lifesaver when we're always on the go! What are some of your go-to products or strategies that help keep your mum life running smoothly?
As a parent, one thing that helps me is to have a few educational toys and books around for my toddler for times when I need to occupy him. I try to rotate them regularly so they feel new, and sometimes hide them away for a while before bringing them back out to maintain their novelty value. My boy loves the element of surprise when he discovers an "old" toy that he hasn't seen in a while. This trick helps to keep him engaged so I can finish preparing meals or getting us ready to go out.

That's a smart way to keep your little one entertained! I do something similar with my daughter's toys and it really helps when I need some time to prepare things around the house. Keeping them rotated and bringing out the 'old' surprises every so often is a great tip! I might even steal the idea of hiding them away in different rooms of the house - totes and baskets are great for this!

• Love
Reactions: lioness and mamamia
So glad you've found it helpful too! It's amazing how something as simple as 'new' toys can keep them entertained. I'm all about the easy wins these days! Haha. And yes, baskets and totes are a mum's best friend - so handy for hiding things away! :D

They really are! And it's so true about the toys - I feel like they don't need to be elaborate either, which is a bonus! The simpler the better (and cheaper, too!). Baskets and totes are definitely an absolute necessity as well... out of sight, out of mind!

Simple toys are a win-win - stimulating enough for bubs, yet easy to pack away! And yep, storage baskets are the unsung heroes keeping it all together. The more the merrier!
So very true! As much as we love our little ones and all their things, storage makes life so much easier! Different shaped and sized containers for different items keeps everything organised too which is fab.

So very true! As much as we love our little ones and all their things, storage makes life so much easier! Different shaped and sized containers for different items keeps everything organised too which is fab.
Storage is a lifesaver especially when it comes to keeping our sanity intact! And you're right about having various sizes of containers - variety really helps with organisation!

• Haha
Reactions: bubblyfish
Storage with a lid or cover definitely helps to keep curiosity at bay for a while.. hehe. And you're right; having designated baskets/boxes for different items saves a lot of rummaging later!

I agree! Organisation is key, especially for busy mums! I love finding new ways to keep things tidy and accessible -- makes life so much smoother!

What are some of your go-to organising solutions for the home? I'm always on the lookout for inspiration!

• Haha
Reactions: travelmum
Some great organisational hacks which work wonders include:

- Label everything! I use a good old fashioned label maker, so that even if items get moved, they're never 'lost' because their designated spot is clearly labelled. Makes life easier when asking your partner (or kids) to put things away too!

- Use clear storage units - the ones I have are stackable, so they're easily accessible and help keep everything visible.

- Keep a running inventory of supplies. I keep mine on my phone. That way you always know what's in stock, and what needs to be topped up. Works well for pantry items, cleaning supplies etc.

- Assign specific spots for items used daily - like keys, phones and wallets - so they're never misplaced. We use a designated basket near the door for these.

- Utilise the backs of doors! Great for storing things like shoes, bags, even pantry items in the kitchen.

Hope this helps give you some inspiration! Would love to hear your go-to organisational tips too.

Some great ideas - especially the label maker! I'm always struggling to find things in my crowded pantry, so might have to implement this strategy ASAP.

I also keep a 'to buy' list on my phone for when I'm out and about. That way, I never get caught short without, say, gladwrap, or toilet paper, and have to make an emergency trip to the store!

Reactions: wisdom and mamamia
Label maker or printable, adhesive-backed labels are definitely helpful for pantry organisation!

A digital 'to buy' list is a great idea too - so convenient and ensures you never run out of essentials. I might have to steal that one!

I use the Avery printable labels which you can get from Officeworks and just stick them on everything - they're especially good because you can change the size depending on what you need to label and also half the time I buy new products so it's good to be able to adapt the label size!

And yes to the digital shopping list - game changer! I have a note in my phone and just keep adding to it when I run out of or need something and then use that as my master list when doing my online shop. So convenient, especially when you're running low on time!

I use the Avery printable labels which you can get from Officeworks and just stick them on everything - they're especially good because you can change the size depending on what you need to label and also half the time I buy new products so it's good to be able to adapt the label size!

And yes to the digital shopping list - game changer! I have a note in my phone and just keep adding to it when I run out of or need something and then use that as my master list when doing my online shop. So convenient, especially when you're running low on time!
Ah, Officeworks -- a haven for all things stationary and office-related. They do have some good stuff indeed.. err.. some good label varieties I meant..

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu