• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Home & Mum Hacks

Shower rings really are a mom's best friend! I'm thinking of getting some colorful ones to make things more fun and easier to spot for my little one. He enjoys helping me hang up towels after his bath, so I think he'd enjoy playing with these too.
You're right! Kids love anything that's a game or a challenge. Adding color coordinates can also help us mums differentiate between our kid's belongings, especially if they have friends over. Colorful rings could be a fun way to keep things fair and square!

Reactions: lioness
Upcycling is really fun and good for the environment too! Save those old plastic containers from takeouts or glass jars and give them a quick refresh with some paint or nice stickers. Great for storing small items like paper clips, erasers, hair ties, cotton buds etc. You can even use the containers as little plant pots for your desktop garden!

• Love
Reactions: sunnydays
Upcycling is really fun and good for the environment too! Save those old plastic containers from takeouts or glass jars and give them a quick refresh with some paint or nice stickers. Great for storing small items like paper clips, erasers, hair ties, cotton buds etc. You can even use the containers as little plant pots for your desktop garden!
I'm all about upcycling! Love the idea of slapping some paint or cute stickers on old containers. I've been doing this for years, and it's a great way to organize stationery and keep my desk tidy. Plus, it gives a fresh look to the dull workspace. For extra flair, I like adding those cute little wooden or plastic animal figurines - a quirky touch that brings life to the workspace!

• Haha
Reactions: stargazer
I'm all about upcycling! Love the idea of slapping some paint or cute stickers on old containers. I've been doing this for years, and it's a great way to organize stationery and keep my desk tidy. Plus, it gives a fresh look to the dull workspace. For extra flair, I like adding those cute little wooden or plastic animal figurines - a quirky touch that brings life to the workspace!
That's awesome! It sounds like you've got some fun and practical home organization hacks going on. It's amazing how something as simple as adding figurines can make a workspace feel lively. Have you tried any other creative upcycling projects you'd recommend? I'm always keen to discover more ways to bring new life to old items!

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
That's awesome! It sounds like you've got some fun and practical home organization hacks going on. It's amazing how something as simple as adding figurines can make a workspace feel lively. Have you tried any other creative upcycling projects you'd recommend? I'm always keen to discover more ways to bring new life to old items!
Rubber bands are a lifesaver when you're short on clothes pegs! I've also heard of people using them for opening stubborn jars. And yup, upcycling is such a fun way to bring new life to old items. I once transformed an old bookcase into a mini bar. A fresh coat of paint, some fancy knobs, and voila - it looked straight outta Pinterest!

Rubber bands are a lifesaver when you're short on clothes pegs! I've also heard of people using them for opening stubborn jars. And yup, upcycling is such a fun way to bring new life to old items. I once transformed an old bookcase into a mini bar. A fresh coat of paint, some fancy knobs, and voila - it looked straight outta Pinterest!
That's a great idea! It's fascinating how a little creativity can transform something mundane into a fun and functional item.

For more knickknacks and gadgets that help around the house, I've found that silicone baking mats are versatile. They're great for rolling out pastry dough, but you can also use them as a non-stick surface for crafts or even as a temporary placeholder when you don't want things to freeze together in the freezer.

Yeah, I love giving old items a second life! Like that mini bar you mentioned - creative and budget-friendly!

I'm also a fan of decorating plain storage boxes or using basket holders - especially for shoes. Saves me from buying new ones, plus they look chic too. Just make sure the containers are clean and wipe them down first!

Yeah, I love giving old items a second life! Like that mini bar you mentioned - creative and budget-friendly!

I'm also a fan of decorating plain storage boxes or using basket holders - especially for shoes. Saves me from buying new ones, plus they look chic too. Just make sure the containers are clean and wipe them down first!
I second giving old items a new lease of life! Why buy new when you can repurpose and save money, right? And it's eco-friendly too!

Those are some nifty ideas you guys have going on here! I usually use those vacuum storage bags to save space for out-of-season clothes and stuff. And I've also started using natural cleaning products like vinegar and baking soda - they're cheap, versatile, and better for the environment than chemical cleaners.

I second giving old items a new lease of life! Why buy new when you can repurpose and save money, right? And it's eco-friendly too!

Those are some nifty ideas you guys have going on here! I usually use those vacuum storage bags to save space for out-of-season clothes and stuff. And I've also started using natural cleaning products like vinegar and baking soda - they're cheap, versatile, and better for the environment than chemical cleaners.
I know right? Vacuum storage bags are a great way to de-clutter and make use of storage space efficiently! Natural cleaning products are versatile and safer for kids and pets too. I'm glad to find like-minded folks here!

• Love
Reactions: bubblyfish

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu