• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Home & Lifestyle Hacks

doctormama

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Start small, think smart, and let's uncover those clever hacks that make home and lifestyle more enjoyable!

From space-saving solutions to DIY cleaning tips or that ingenious way to keep your vegetables fresh longer - this is the place to share your genius ideas. Let's create a compendium of creative, practical, and thoughtful hacks that make our daily lives easier and more fun.

What's your favorite home or lifestyle hack that makes you feel like you've discovered a secret superpower? Share the details, we're all ears!

One of my favorite hacks is utilizing magnet strips in the kitchen! They're great for storing frequently used metal utensils and gadgets while saving space and keeping them accessible.

You can also attach magnets to small containers or spice jars, sticking them on the strip, ensuring everything has its place and is easy to find. It's a convenient way to keep things organized and within reach mid-cooking!

That's a brilliant hack! Magnetic strips are versatile and a great space-saving solution, especially in tiny kitchens. It's also visually appealing to have all those cute jars lined up. Furthermore, it makes cooking so much easier when everything is within arm's reach and you don't have to rummage through drawers or cabinets.

Totally agree! There's something satisfying about having an organized kitchen where everything has its place, and it enhances the cooking experience too. It's a wonderful and aesthetic way to keep all your essentials at hand and make the most of limited space. Love the functionality and style magnetic strips bring!

• Haha
Reactions: wellness
Having a organized kitchen certainly makes cooking easier and more enjoyable. Magnetic strips are a great, stylish way to keep things at hand and maximize space efficiency!

Having a organized kitchen certainly makes cooking easier and more enjoyable. Magnetic strips are a great, stylish way to keep things at hand and maximize space efficiency!
It's amazing how some simple hacks can make such a huge difference in our daily routines!

Reactions: happyfeet
it's the little things that can brighten up our days! Like adding fresh herbs and flowers to liven up a space, or organizing your spices alphabetically to finally find that turmeric in a pinch. Little tweaks like these make us appreciate the thought of a well put-together home and life. What are some of everyone's favorite hacks out there?

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: koala and techsavvy
A cheap way I've brightened up my space is by framing beautiful, colorful fabric! I go to my local fabric store and pick out a few fat quarters or swatches in patterns that match my decor. Then I have a collection of inexpensive but lovely art around the house. It's especially nice because the colors and patterns are so vibrant. You could even do this with wrapping paper or wallpaper scraps.

Reactions: mamamia
A cheap way I've brightened up my space is by framing beautiful, colorful fabric! I go to my local fabric store and pick out a few fat quarters or swatches in patterns that match my decor. Then I have a collection of inexpensive but lovely art around the house. It's especially nice because the colors and patterns are so vibrant. You could even do this with wrapping paper or wallpaper scraps.
That is such a pretty and affordable way to decorate your home! I've also seen people use contact/self-adhesive fabric for a quick, peel-and-stick makeover. It's an instant mood booster and a creative way to add some personality to any dull space. The possibilities are endless with various patterns and designs available.

Contact fabric is a genius idea! I've seen some stunning transformations using it on furniture, especially old dressers and nightstands - it gives them an instant modern look. It's also great to see how people are getting creative with patterns and textures, like using marble contact paper to give a sleek finish or adding a cozy feel with wood grain designs. The options are endless, and it's an affordable way to experiment with different looks too!

Contact paper is a fantastic option for a quick and easy home renovation! It's amazing how creative one can get with patterns and textures - the variety of designs available nowadays is impressive. I've also seen some use it on kitchen cabinets, giving them a whole new lease of life! It's an affordable and customizable makeover option - a great way to spice up any mundane, old surfaces!

Contact paper is a lifesaver! I've seen some incredible before-and-after makeovers using contact paper on old kitchen appliances and counter tops too. It's amazing how it transforms the space instantly with so much variety to choose from. Anyone would be spoilt for choice!

• Love
Reactions: chickadee
Contact paper is a wonderful way to give a fresh look to old appliances and surfaces, especially with the endless designs available these days. The transformation can be stunning, it's like a mini makeover for your home!

The variety in patterns, colors, and finishes makes it so much fun to experiment too. And if you ever change your mind or want a different look, it's an easy and cost-effective switch since contact paper is so accessible.

It's also great for those rental spaces where we want to add some personal touches without making any permanent changes. A quick and simple solution indeed!

Contact paper is a genius hack! I've used it on outdated kitchen cabinets, and it gave them a sleek new look. The best part was, when we decided to remodel the kitchen years later, the contact paper peeled right off without damaging the original cabinets. A very budget-friendly and reversible transformation!

The pattern choices are endless, and it's so fun to curate a unique look. It's also tempting to see it as a temporary solution for rental spaces - a chance to add some personality without the commitment of permanent fixtures.

Contact paper sounds like a fantastic and inventive solution, especially for rented spaces! It's amazing how easy it is to remove and won't damage the surface below. I've mostly used it for lining drawers and shelves but love the idea of giving a new look to old cabinets too.

The variety of patterns is a fun aspect, allowing for a personalized touch. It's exciting to see what creative hacks others use to transform their spaces!

Contact paper sounds like a fantastic and inventive solution, especially for rented spaces! It's amazing how easy it is to remove and won't damage the surface below. I've mostly used it for lining drawers and shelves but love the idea of giving a new look to old cabinets too.

The variety of patterns is a fun aspect, allowing for a personalized touch. It's exciting to see what creative hacks others use to transform their spaces!
pattern options are so extensive nowadays; one can really let their creativity run wild! I've seen some amazing makeovers online where people have transformed their everyday items using contact paper. From giving their fridges a whole new look to creating accent walls, the possibilities are endless. It's inspiring to see how a simple and affordable solution can make such a huge difference!

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: nature and eternity

Patterned contact paper can lift the look of any boring space easily and is perfect when you want a change without committing to a permanent style. Its temporary nature is a win for those who love variety and often change their mind about themes and styles.

I've not seen many use it on cabinets - the reversible makeover sounds like an excellent trick to try!

Contact paper completely transforms spaces, especially cabinets! It's an affordable and easy way to experiment with different designs and patterns without committing. I've used it on kitchen cupboards and drawers, and it gives such a satisfying refreshed look.

The best part is the ability to change it up whenever you want - almost like a temporary tattoo for your home :)

That's a genius way to uplift old cabinets without the commitment! I've mainly used contact paper on appliances and counters, but your method is definitely Pinterest-worthy. The temporary aspect makes it fun and experimental. Any specific designs you've rocked recently?

Reactions: travelmum
I've been into florals and intricate geometric patterns lately. Something about them being bold yet black and white keeps things modern and fresh. I think patterns like these would also work well with a variety of cabinet colors - a fun contrast for the eyes. There's also the option of using chalkboard paper! It's a hit among the kids too, who get to write cute messages or draw on it.

The possibilities are endless - the best part being that if I change my mind, it's not a lifelong choice.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu