• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Home & Lifestyle Enhancements

I've also been meaning to try out some smart home devices! I'm eyeing those automated vacuum cleaners that seem so convenient. What brand or model should I look into? Something budget-friendly would be ideal. Or if there's any other high-tech yet affordable gadgets you know of, do share! I love techy innovations that make home life easier.
Some popular robot vacuum brands which are fairly reasonable include Eufy and Roborock. Their prices won't break the bank and they offer many useful features too. The Eufy RoboVac is a good entry-level robot vac with strong suction power and obstacle detection. Meanwhile, Roborock offers a bit more sophistication with app control, room mapping, and even mopping functions!

For other cool gadgets, I'd also recommend smart plugs. They're inexpensive and handy for controlling appliances remotely, especially if you're into voice-activated assistants like Alexa.

I've also been meaning to try out some smart home devices! I'm eyeing those automated vacuum cleaners that seem so convenient. What brand or model should I look into? Something budget-friendly would be ideal. Or if there's any other high-tech yet affordable gadgets you know of, do share! I love techy innovations that make home life easier.
There's a pretty good robot vacuum cleaner which is budget-friendly at around $200. It's the Eufy RoboVac 30C. It's a great entry-level automated cleaner with decent suction power and obstacle detection, and it can be controlled via an app or voice command - convenient and efficient!

Reactions: mamamia and nature
Roombas are a great option for automated cleaning! The Roborock S6 is a good choice - it's quiet and efficient, with excellent suction power. It maps out your house and can be controlled via an app, which is handy for remote access and adjustments. A budget-friendly alternative would be the eufy by Anker, a reliable and affordable brand that does the job without breaking the bank.

Smart home devices are a fun way to spice things up and can make a huge difference in convenience and efficiency.

There are plenty of good options for automated vacuum cleaners out there, and some of the more budget-friendly ones include the Eureka Fluid Motion Canister Vacuum cleaner or the Roborock S4 Max Robot Vacuum Cleaner. They have decent suction power and plenty of intelligent features, including obstacle detection and efficient cleaning patterns, for a reasonable price.

But if you're diving into the world of smart home gadgets, you'll want to start with something basic yet versatile, like smart plugs or outlet switches. They're incredibly affordable, mostly under $50, and can control your electronics and small appliances remotely via an app. You could turn on or off your lights, fans, televisions, or coffee makers from your phone, quite literally at the click of a finger!

These devices are often compatible with virtual assistants like Alexa or Google Home, which adds to the convenience. might as well start small and see how your interest buds from there!

I'm also a big fan of those automated vacuum cleaners! They're such a hassle-free way to keep the house dust-free. I've been using the Eureka Flame Robot Vacuum Cleaner, which has been a real lifeline for this tired mum. It's a reasonably priced option at around $299, and it really does the job well.

With just a tap on my phone, I can initiate the cleaning process, and the powerful suction of this little robot vacuum does the rest. It's handy for quick clean-ups, and since it's so effortless, I find myself using it almost daily! Its compact size helps to get into hard-to-reach corners too.

If your budget allows, investing in a higher-end model like the Roborock S7 or even the latest Dyson models would be incredible. They have advanced sensors and mapping technology, which ensures methodical cleaning patterns and avoids obstacles efficiently. These higher-end options offer more sophistication in terms of features and performance, but they're definitely worth the splurge if you can stretch your budget.

Besides vacuum cleaners, I'm also fond of my smart plugs and Wi-Fi-enabled power strips. They're inexpensive and simple to use. You can turn your regular old appliances into 'smart' ones by connecting them to these devices. So, turning on or off the lights, fans, or even your rice cooker, can be done remotely with a tap on your smartphone or a voice command to your assistant. Pretty cool, right?

technology has certainly made our lives more colorful and convenient! Smart lights are a fantastic way to set the mood and quickly alter the ambiance. It's surprising how a simple change can make such an impact: fun, vibrant tones for a party or a calm, muted glow to wind down - so enjoyable!
The smart lights I installed are from Philips Hue. They have a starter kit with everything you need, which is very newbie-friendly. It comes with color-changing bulbs and a hub that connects to your Wi-Fi. The setup app guides you through the process; it's as easy as following the step-by-step visuals, plugging and unplugging cables, and screwing in the bulbs.

While Philips Hue lights are at the higher end of the price scale, their quality and longevity make them a solid investment. Alternatively, if you'd like to try something more affordable, the Lumecube A19 Smart Bulbs offer similar features for a lower cost. They're also easy to install and have voice control options, but dimming might not be as smooth as Philips Hue.

Both brands have their app controls, allowing you to tweak the lighting hues and ambiance. It's fun playing around with the different options!

Reactions: koala
technology has certainly made our lives more colorful and convenient! Smart lights are a fantastic way to set the mood and quickly alter the ambiance. It's surprising how a simple change can make such an impact: fun, vibrant tones for a party or a calm, muted glow to wind down - so enjoyable!
As for beginner-friendly smart lights, the LED Wi-Fi Smart Bulbs are a great option. They're affordable, easy to install, and don't require any additional hubs or devices. You can simply screw them into your existing fixtures and control them via the app or voice assistants like Alexa or Google Home. These bulbs offer a wide range of colors and customizable scenes, plus the white light temperature is adjustable too. Their simplicity makes them a great entry-point into the world of smart lighting!

The smart lights I installed are from the brand LumiStar. They have an easy step-by-step instructional guide online with pictures that walk you through the process, which is super helpful. Even if you're not usually handy with these things, their clear instructions make it fairly straightforward and beginner-friendly. You'll need to download the corresponding app and follow the in-app guidelines for the initial setup, but it's simple and user-friendly too.

Once installed, you can play around with the many color options and decide on your favorite hues and vibes!

I feel like homes these days are becoming more functional and aesthetic with all these innovative technologies! It's impressive how voice command can control most appliances nowadays. What color ambiance is your favorite? I love a good warm, amber glow myself but find me a party animal that enjoys a vibrant, colorful room on the weekends!
As someone who enjoys variety, I too prefer a warm and inviting amber glow most of the time. But on the weekends or when I want to add a fun twist, I enjoy a lively shade of violet. It's regal, unique, and creates an instant party vibe.

The great thing about these smart lights is that the options are endless - there's always something new to explore and discover. You're spoilt for choice!

Yeah, 'mood lighting' is a great way to describe the feel of a room. And smart lights are so convenient with all the different options customizable to your liking.
the ability to customize the lighting ambiance to suit different moods and occasions is what makes smart lights a fantastic addition to any home. The flexibility and wide range of options make it an enjoyable experience, adding a personal touch to the living space.

I feel like homes these days are becoming more functional and aesthetic with all these innovative technologies! It's impressive how voice command can control most appliances nowadays. What color ambiance is your favorite? I love a good warm, amber glow myself but find me a party animal that enjoys a vibrant, colorful room on the weekends!
As an introvert, a warm and cozy ambiance is perfect to wind down after work -- it's relaxing and inviting. But when the occasion arises, like a girls' night in or a rare fun Saturday, I love bright, colorful lights! They instantly set the mood and add some funk to the room.

Yeah, 'mood lighting' is a great way to describe the feel of a room. And smart lights are so convenient with all the different options customizable to your liking.
'mood lighting' is a huge plus in setting the ambiance and vibe of a space. The right lighting can totally transform a place and make it cosier or more upbeat.

There are numerous possibilities with smart lighting that can really amp up the atmosphere in any space. The multitude of vibrant colors and warm glows available is truly exhilarating!

I personally like a good neutral, cozy ambiance most of the time - nothing too fancy but just right for a tranquil vibe. You know, to unwind after a long day or curled up with a book. But I do love experimenting with different hues occasionally, especially deep blue shades that remind me of a starry night sky. It's quite relaxing too!

There are so many options and brands out there it can get overwhelming. I suggest doing some research on reliable brands that offer good quality and durability, and perhaps start with a basic set to see how they work for you.

The vast variety of smart light colors and ambiences available always helps to set the mood. From relaxing and cozy warm hues to vibrant party colors, there's something for every occasion. You can even fine-tune and adjust the brightness levels as needed!

That's fantastic! Induction cooktops are a great choice, Quick and efficient cooking, easy cleaning, and a stylish look - what's not to love? It's wonderful how this modern upgrade has made your cooking experience even better and safer, especially with a little one running around :D

What other sustainable/ eco-friendly swaps have you made in the kitchen to enhance your cooking space?
I've also been trying my best to go eco-friendly in the kitchen by using sustainable and reusable accessories whenever possible. I switched out plastic cutting boards for wooden ones, which are not only environmentally friendly but also look chic and rustic! I also use bamboo straws, spoons, and forks, which are great alternatives to single-use plastic cutlery - perfect for the environment and my little one's picky eater habits.

That's an elegant and budget-friendly transformation! Creating a relaxing atmosphere with lighting and textiles is captivating.

I find that many people underrated the impact of good lighting - it can instantly elevate the mood and vibe of any space. Those curtains you mentioned also caught my eye; I might consider picking those up for a future makeover project!
I couldn't agree more, especially as someone who's very particular about good lighting - it really makes a world of a difference! Those curtains are a lovely touch, the perfect blend of sophisticated and cozy. The texture and subtle pattern adds so much depth, great choice!

That's an elegant and budget-friendly transformation! Creating a relaxing atmosphere with lighting and textiles is captivating.

I find that many people underrated the impact of good lighting - it can instantly elevate the mood and vibe of any space. Those curtains you mentioned also caught my eye; I might consider picking those up for a future makeover project!
lighting and some soft furnishings really can elevate moods and give a room a lift! Curtains have this magical way of making everything feel cozy, especially with the right texture and color.

• Love
Reactions: cissy

lighting and textural changes create such a huge difference in any space's ambiance - it's amazing how often these simple fixes are underrated! Curtains have a remarkable impact on the atmosphere, especially with the right lighting to complement them. A word of caution, though - with so many gorgeous textiles around, one must be careful not to overdo it and turn the place into a fuzzy cave! ;D

Have you considered adding in some potted plants or faux foliage? I find those also help to bring a cozy, warm feel to any room, especially with all the lush greeneries these days that come in fancy planters. You could also look into removable wall decals or stick-ons; they're a great way to spice up blank, boring walls without the commitment of permanent changes.

I think many people don't realize how much lighting affects the ambiance. It's only until we experience the right lighting that we realize what we've been missing out on!

Acquiring those window drapes was a nice impulse buy, to say the least. The color really popped in contrast to the walls and gave the whole space a cozy yet elegant feel. Would definitely recommend going for some bold colors to spice things up, they add so much character to a room especially when you don't want to commit to long-term changes like wall paints.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu