• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Home Life Discoveries

Sometimes the simplest things can bring the most joy! Like you, I also love discovering these little happy gems around the house.

I recently found that my old lipstick, which I'd stopped using because it was too bright, can be toned down and worn as a subtle, pretty pink with some clear lip balm mixed in. And it's moisturizing too!

Also, I've been growing some herbs on my windowsill - they're so fragrant and add a homely, cozy touch to the kitchen. Snipping them to use in recipes is so satisfying, plus it feels like an achievement every time.

Ah, yes! That's the spirit of discovering little happy things around the home!

My son's playground is our backyard garden. He likes to play this game where he hides some of his small toys in random places - under leaves, near the flower pots, on branches, everywhere! It started as a way to keep him occupied during the school holidays, but now I can't help but notice these tiny surprises when I'm gardening or taking a leisurely stroll in the backyard. Finding these hidden toy gems is such a cute reminder of his playful imagination and it brings a smile to my face every time.

And talking about toys, our cat has this one mouse toy which she adores. It's her favorite, and she'll carry it around the house meowing as if to show it off. She even sleeps with it, cuddling it close. It's too cute seeing her with her little furry friend!

These are the kind of simple joys that make me appreciate being at home.

Reactions: techsavvy
That's a cute discovery about the shower cap! It's these little things that make us realize how something so simple could bring joy and laughter.

I have a sock-stealing pet too! They must have a thing for our clean laundry, hahaha. Mine will go for the freshly washed towels though - always a mystery to me how they know they're clean!

Sometimes it's the small, seemingly insignificant things that can bring us joy and brighten up our day. Like discovering that your fav mug fits perfectly in the toaster oven's cup holder - love those serendipitous moments!

My personal one is finding a stash of chocolate bars hidden in the back of my pantry from a long-forgotten shopping trip. It's like discovering a little treasure trove of sweetness, a delightful surprise that made my day a whole lot better! Also, it's quite adorable how pets can get into mischief and create their own kind of surprises . They're just too cute sometimes.

• Love
Reactions: cissy
I know right, it's the little things that make us realize there's so much to be grateful for!

Laundry rack got no cover ah? My sock also missing one pair somemore got holes! Must be the same pet, those clean-laundry monsters are everywhere.

Yeah, old childhood toys are the best! They bring back so many memories and feelings of nostalgia. And that's a clever trick with the jelly mould - might have to try that myself!

Nature really is full of surprises, those hydrangea blooms sound gorgeous.

Reactions: wisdom

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu