• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Home Improvements and Enhancements

You know what, the first thing that came to my mind after reading this post is how much I enjoy those home makeover shows! The "before" look always looks so dismal and then - ta-da! - amazing transformation afterwards!

My own home could use some sprucing up cos it's looking kinda dated. I'm eyeing some new blinds or curtains to let in more natural light, and maybe a fresh coat of paint too. Not forgetting some potted plants for the balcony - gotta bring some life and colour into the space!

Any simple changes like changing the dining table set or getting new lighting can make a huge difference too! And of course, a good ol' spring clean always helps to refresh the space. Might as well do some decluttering at the same time.

If only I had the DIY skills for major renovations! But then again, it's probably better for my wallet to leave certain jobs to the pros. Still, one can dream of a sleek, Pinterest-worthy home.

I'm loving all this home reno talk!! I've been wanting to repaint my place, especially the kitchen cabinets which are looking a bit dated. But the thought of having to live amongst the chaos of renovations scares me a little haha. Thinking maybe during the holidays when I have some time off work might do it then! Or at least plan and prepare properly so I can execute quickly. Also contemplating changing the flooring, but that's a bigger job and will probably take more time to decide haha. Love the new lighting and blinds you got though, sounds like such an improvement!

Yeah, those home makeover shows are damn satisfying! Like a magic wand wave and everything looks so much better.

I also like the idea of bringing in more natural light. Blinds or curtains - a simple change but makes a huge difference in brightening up the place. And potted plants! Can really bring life and colour to the balcony. Got to choose the right ones though, some plants need lots of sunshine and others prefer shade.

A spring clean and decluttering goes without saying - freshened up the place in no time! DIY renovations are quite a challenge, but sometimes it's worth trying. Save money also, but only if we're confident and skilled enough ah. Otherwise, pros are always the safer bet.

Reactions: nature

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu