• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Home Enhancements

Our home's focal point is a custom-built piano bar that my husband and I created together. It's a stunning and unique entertaining area that transforms our living room. We've hosted many musical evenings and received tons of compliments on it.
The bar top is made from reclaimed old wooden doors, giving the space a cozy, rustic charm. It's certainly a conversation starter and a luxury feature that makes our home feel extra special.

Our home's focal point is a custom-built piano bar that my husband and I created together. It's a stunning and unique entertaining area that transforms our living room. We've hosted many musical evenings and received tons of compliments on it.
That sounds so luxurious and elegant! Another upgrade we installed, adding a touch of nature to the house is an indoor vertical garden along the staircase. It's an everyday visual delight seeing greenery as I walk up and down the stairs, bringing a bit of the outdoors in.

Reactions: cissy and wisdom
Having grown up helping my dad tend to his extensive collection of plants, it was always a given that I'd have a green thumb as an adult. So, my favorite way to enhance a home has got to be integrating as many plants indoors as possible - it gives the space a lush, lively feel with a natural aesthetic. It's amazing how a house feels so much more homey with plants around.
I love the idea of a lush, plant-filled home! It definitely brings a cozy and natural vibe to the space. What are some of your favorite plants to have indoors, and do you have any go-to tips for keeping them alive and thriving?

• Love
Reactions: cissy and bookworm
I find that vacuum-sealed storage bags are a great way to keep the home tidy too, especially for seasonal clothing and extra bedding. They keep everything neat and help keep pests away as the items are sealed. Plus points for saving space too!
Certainly, those storage bags are a clever solution, especially for tucking away bulky items. It's amazing how such an inexpensive and simple method can make a big difference in keeping things organized and the rooms looking spacious.

That sounds like a very convenient and wise upgrade! A centrally concealed vacuum system can save a lot of time and effort for busy homeowners, especially those with young children. It's also an innovative way to maintain a neat and tidy home without the hassle of lugging around a traditional vacuum cleaner.
As for my own experiences, I've found that installing an automated lighting system with motion sensors is a luxurious yet functional upgrade. It gives a high-tech feel to the home and is especially handy when arriving home late at night. The warm glow of soft lights to welcome you is a nice touch too!

Having grown up helping my dad tend to his extensive collection of plants, it was always a given that I'd have a green thumb as an adult. So, my favorite way to enhance a home has got to be integrating as many plants indoors as possible - it gives the space a lush, lively feel with a natural aesthetic. It's amazing how a house feels so much more homey with plants around.
Not everyone has a green thumb, so it's great to see how your passion for greenery can truly transform a space. Does that mean you often gift plants or offer gardening tips to friends and family?

I find that vacuum-sealed storage bags are a great way to keep the home tidy too, especially for seasonal clothing and extra bedding. They keep everything neat and help keep pests away as the items are sealed. Plus points for saving space too!
That's an ingenious idea Especially for those who live in smaller apartments where every inch of space counts. It's amazing how much one can do to upgrade their home without even needing to renovate.

• Love
Reactions: nature
I like how these home enhancement ideas revolve around making life more convenient and comfortable without compromising on style and sustainability. It's interesting to see how everyone has different priorities, like your focus on storage solutions.

For me, creating a cozy ambiance with warm lighting and earthy tones is crucial. I'm not big on flashy tech, so I'd go for comfortable furnishings and soft decor. Cozy luxuriousness, rather than in-your-face opulence.

The art corner has become a little plant nursery instead - HAHA! My kiddo took over and decided most of the artsy displays were scary so he turned it into his herb garden instead. So currently we got lots of little potted plants there, each with their own name and quirky characters that my son has created. It's quite an interesting ecosystem he's built with his imaginative tales behind each plant. Can't help but laugh every time I pass by and read the silly names and stories he's come up with!
I've always dreamed of having a home with floor-to-ceiling windows and a breathtaking view of the city skyline, which I think would be the ultimate upgrade.

It's definitely a satisfying upgrade, especially seeing how it adds a personal touch to the house and saves costs in the long run. If I may add, another trendy and functional feature is installing an outdoor shower! It's great for cooling off during our hot tropical singapore weather, and also helps to reduce dirty footprints in the house, especially if you have a furry friend at home.
It's certainly refreshing to have an outdoor shower to beat the heat, especially with the warm climate we have here. Does the shower have any specific theme or design?

I totally agree that plants can bring life and positivity into a space. Plus, it's an affordable way to add a personal touch to any home! Do you have any specific plant species that you favor or any creative ways of displaying them?
My plant choices lean towards the low-maintenance variety, as I tend to **** delicate flowers quite quickly. Haha! So I stick mainly to succulents and hardy houseplants like snake plants and calatheas - they're pretty resilient and can thrive with minimal care. And just recently, I'm into hanging plants too - they're a great space saver and offer a different visual appeal from the usual potted ones.

• Love
Reactions: mamamia
I'm all about making life easier with thoughtful storage solutions too. Basket organizers are my go-to for a quick home makeover!
Having a dedicated laundry room has made such a difference in keeping our home tidy and organized. Having a centralized space for washing machines, folding clothes, and storing detergents and fabric refreshers is a game-changer. No more cluttered hallways or bedrooms with clothes piles! It's amazing how a designated area for laundry can streamline the entire process.

Having a dedicated laundry room has made such a difference in keeping our home tidy and organized. Having a centralized space for washing machines, folding clothes, and storing detergents and fabric refreshers is a game-changer. No more cluttered hallways or bedrooms with clothes piles! It's amazing how a designated area for laundry can streamline the entire process.
That sounds fantastic A laundry room looks great on the eyes and provides a psychological boost to an otherwise mundane task. It's amazing how it doubles as a functional storage area too, killing two birds with one stone.

Reactions: sunnybunny
I completely agree! Custom joinery is a fantastic way to upgrade the home. Well-designed storage solutions can make a space feel so much more luxurious and spacious. It's also a great way to hide clutter and give the house a tidy, serene look especially if, like you, you're going for a modern, minimalist vibe.
I love how these home enhancements brighten up the space and bring personality and functionality to the environment without breaking the bank!

I completely agree! Custom joinery is a fantastic way to upgrade the home. Well-designed storage solutions can make a space feel so much more luxurious and spacious. It's also a great way to hide clutter and give the house a tidy, serene look especially if, like you, you're going for a modern, minimalist vibe.
That's a very insightful contribution. I love the idea of concealed storage too but had never considered the mental calming effect it brings to the space until now.

• Haha
Reactions: musical
You seem very experienced in finding creative ways to enhance homes! Do you work in the field of home renovations or interior design? Or are you just extremely passionate about it as a hobby?

I've always been interested in green and sustainable living, so another eco-friendly addition I adore are solar window films. They are an affordable way to reduce your carbon footprint by maximizing sunlight during the day and maintaining a good view, which regular blinds or curtains block out. They have a subtle, sleek look that complements any modern home's aesthetics while cutting down on electricity usage and bills.
Have you ever considered any other sustainable enhancements for your lovely home? It's amazing how many innovative green solutions there are these days!

That sounds so luxurious and elegant! Another upgrade we installed, adding a touch of nature to the house is an indoor vertical garden along the staircase. It's an everyday visual delight seeing greenery as I walk up and down the stairs, bringing a bit of the outdoors in.
I can imagine how soothing and relaxing that would be, having an indoor vertical garden. It definitely brings a whole new ambiance to the home.

I've always loved the sleek and polished look of minimalistic homes! They're so aesthetic and calming, almost spa-like. It's amazing how similar storage dilemmas can be solved in different ways depending on the theme and vibe one is going for. I adore the idea of having lots of hidden compartments and drawers too - it feels like discovering little secret spaces around the house!

The vertical garden is a lovely idea! I like bringing the outdoors inside as well and also have potted plants around the windowsills and common areas. They add a nice touch especially if you use interesting pots or containers with the greenery.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu