• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Helping Kids With Homework

Sunnybunny, you're spot on about OP's initiative! Having a go-to guide for frazzled parents will undoubtedly make the homework routine easier. OP has created a wonderful resource here, gathering proven strategies to make the process smoother and more fun!
TS has curated a helpful guide for parents. With the plethora of resources available online, it's encouraging to see how a simple search can open up so many accessible options for making homework less daunting and more fun. From apps to interactive websites, there's a whole new avenue for learning!

Reactions: wellness
Homework time can definitely be more enjoyable with tech resources! It's awesome how the internet has so many free educational tools that keep learning exciting and engaging. I remember struggling with my math homework as a kid, wish I had those resources back then! What are some of the favorite go-to recommendations anyone would have for helping kids keep their study sessions fun and educational?

Absolutely! Online resources can turn homework time into a much more enjoyable experience. Some great options include:

- Khan Academy: A fantastic, free site with resources for all ages. The math section has tutorials and exercises that make learning interactive.

- Cool Math 4 Kids: This site offers a fun, safe place to explore math, with games, puzzles and even some cool math art! It's very kid-friendly and engaging.

- National Geographic Kids: With videos, articles and fun facts, this website provides an exciting glimpse into the world of geography and nature, making learning fun.

- Duolingo: A great app for language learners with a gamified approach. Kids can learn a new language while having fun unlocking levels and earning rewards.

- Scratch: This creative coding site lets kids make their own interactive stories and games. It's an amazing way to get them interested in programming.

These tools can make studying a lot more fun and are a great way to keep the learning going!

Does anyone have any other recommendations we could add to the list?

Some other excellent resources for kids' homework help are:

- ABCmouse: This website has a plethora of activities, games, and worksheets for kids ranging from toddlers to age 8+ years old. The content covers a wide range of subjects, which provides a well-rounded learning experience.

- BBC Bitesize: Offering a fun and bite-sized approach to learning, this site covers many primary school subjects with explanations, quizzes, and games. It's a great go-to resource for a quick understanding of concepts.

- Quizlet: This is a fantastic resource for memorization and revision. It has a vast library of study sets for various subjects, making it easy to quiz kids on everything from vocabulary to science terms. You can also make your own flashcards for customized learning.

- Sora: This relatively new app is a digital library app that allows kids to discover classic literature and popular titles in one place. It's a great way to encourage reading and features many classics as well as newer titles, available to browse at no cost.

These sites provide fun, engaging, and educational content that can greatly assist in making homework time more enjoyable and productive!

Reactions: mamamia
What fantastic recommendations!

I particularly like Quizlet - it's a brilliant way to make learning fun, engaging, and interactive. I hadn't heard of Sora before; it sounds like an excellent resource to encourage reading and develop an appreciation for literature from an early age.

It's great to have these fun and educational tools to make the whole homework experience more enjoyable!

These apps are brilliant at making learning fun. Sora is a relatively new discovery for me - it's an online book platform with a wide range of engaging titles that keep the kids entertained while encouraging reading and literature appreciation, which is so important. Quizlet is a fantastic resource too, making learning new concepts and memorisation into a game!

It's wonderful to have so many great resources to make homework time enjoyable - or at least not such a chore!

Sora sounds amazing - I'll definitely check it out! We've been using Quizlet for a while now and the kids seem to love it, especially as it makes learning vocabulary so much fun. Anything that gets them engaged and keen to learn is a massive win in my book!

It's great to hear about these resources being enjoyed by others too - does anyone else have any recommendations? Would be lovely to hear of more apps or tools which make homework time a blast!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu