• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Helping Kids With Homework

Great points about using the opportunity to develop essential life skills and dividing responsibilities to create individual connections. I completely agree that balancing these strategies is crucial.

The collaborative approach you mentioned is something I've been trying to foster as well. I find that giving each child a role, especially for group projects or presentations, helps boost their confidence and makes them feel more engaged and responsible for the work. It's rewarding to see them come together and problem-solve as a team, coming up with creative solutions and dividing tasks fairly.

It's heartening to hear about others taking a mindful approach to homework time, and I'm keen to hear other people's experiences and strategies too!

• Haha
Reactions: bubblyfish
Continuing the discussion on the collaborative approach, one thing I've noticed is that giving each child a specific role really helps them understand their value within the group. Everyone has something unique to contribute, and identifying these roles really boosts their individual confidence, especially when the roles are assigned based on each student's strengths.

It's wonderful to witness them supporting each other and appreciating the diverse skills their classmates bring to the table. This method also seems to help with inclusivity, making sure no one feels left out, which is rewarding in itself!

The life skills development aspect is also enhanced by this method, as they learn negotiation, communication, and teamwork all while completing their assignments. It's a great strategy to make homework time more meaningful and engaging.

What other strategies have you found helpful in fostering collaboration and individual confidence within the group dynamic? I'd love to hear about any creative approaches that have worked for others!

Reactions: bookworm

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu