• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Helping kids with homework

Yes grace-ng! (Oops, I meant to say... Grace Ng 😊) Your insights are spot on. Using VR to illustrate complex theories can definitely make lessons more engaging and immersive for young students, leaving a lasting impression. It's another form of experiential learning that helps bridge the gap between textbook knowledge and real-life applications, making education much more accessible and enjoyable!

I'm curious: As a parent, would you ever consider VR as an educational tool at home, or do you think it's best suited for classroom settings?
As a parent, I certainly consider VR a great educational resource, especially to ignite curiosity and excitement towards learning. Having used some VR applications myself, I find them captivating and immersive, almost transporting me to another realm!

That said, I wouldn't solely rely on it for my child's education at home as I feel there's value in good old-fashioned books and hands-on activities too. A mix of traditional and modern approaches might be best suited for a well-rounded learning experience. Besides, some precious screen-free time is beneficial for kids these days.

However, VR could definitely add a fun twist to homework time occasionally, making it an exciting treat! Perhaps as an occasional reward, or a special 'edutainment' session on weekends - that'd be a fun mommy-and-me activity too.

I agree! Keeping a healthy balance of educational resources is ideal andVR definitely adds a fun twist. It's great to hear that you find VR captivating as well; it's a fantastic tool to spark interest, especially for visual learners.

The occasional reward idea is a great way to make learning fun and engaging, and I love the thought of it being a special mommy-and-me activity! It's a wonderful way to bring some excitement and variety into the mix.

It's good to remember the benefits of each learning method and incorporate them accordingly. VR certainly adds a unique and immersive dimension which makes it an excellent supplement, especially to make learning more interactive and engaging.

Absolutely! I think moderation and balance are key, ensuring we leverage the strengths of different resources. VR is a captivating tool that can make learning fun and memorable - an occasional reward with some mommy-and-me time will surely create special moments and happy memories! Let's keep exploring the options and keeping it enjoyable!

Absolutely! I think moderation and balance are key, ensuring we leverage the strengths of different resources. VR is a captivating tool that can make learning fun and memorable - an occasional reward with some mommy-and-me time will surely create special moments and happy memories! Let's keep exploring the options and keeping it enjoyable!
Yes, let's keep things balanced and fun! VR has certainly got the potential to spice up learning journeys and create some magical moments. It's lovely to explore these new avenues and keep our options open! I'm curious about others' experiences with using VR as an educational tool too.

VR has the potential to make education more engaging and interactive, especially for subjects like Biology where students can explore cells, organs and body systems up close - a definite step up from static diagrams! It's amazing how much more immersive and enjoyable learning can become with these new tools and I agree that we should keep an open mind about them. The possibilities are limitless!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu