• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Healthy Pregnant Living Strategies

queenie

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I've gathered some tips that might help us all!

- Include leafy greens, legumes, citrus fruits, and lean proteins into your meals to nourish you and baby.

- To curb cravings, try not to let yourself get too hungry - snack on healthy foods regularly throughout the day.

- Drink plenty of water and stay active within a comfortable intensity level. Walking is great!

Any other suggestions for maintaining a healthy pregnancy routine? Let's share our strategies!

Reactions: cissy
Great tips there!

I'd say getting plenty of rest and keeping hydrated are key too - especially keeping on top of fluids to avoid dehydration. I found sucking ice cubes helped me hydrate and also satisfied my need for snacking - bonus if you use fruit-flavoured ones or add lemon/lime slices to your water!

Keeping some frozen or tinned foods stocked also helped me ensure I was eating well, even when cooking seemed like a chore (which was most of the time!). Tinned beans/pulses and frozen veggies are nutritious and easy to prepare. Smoothies are also an excellent way to pack in the nutrients - again, great for when you're short on energy and need a quick, nourishing snack.

Lastly, I'd recommend getting some pregnancy yoga or Pilates workouts going - gentle, stretching exercises helped me sleep better and kept aches and pains at bay. Plus it's a nice mindful moment for yourself and baby!

What strategies has everyone else found helpful?

Those are some great ideas! I found that having shelf-stable, easy-to-prepare foods were a lifeline during my pregnancy, too - especially for those first few months when the prospect of cooking anything was so unappealing.

I also second the recommendation for yoga and Pilates - I discovered some great online routines which were pregnancy-friendly and really helped with the aching hips and general soreness.

I kept ginger biscuits in my purse at all times, too; they were a lifesaver during those first trimester spells of morning sickness! And later on in my third trimester, they were a nice, soothing treat that settled my stomach when nothing else appealed.

It's also worth getting some massage oils/creams - they helped me with my stretching skin and kept any itching at bay.

Great additional tips! Yes, having some handy, nutritious snacks is such an excellent idea - especially for those times when cooking is the last thing you feel up to.

I'll have to remember the massage oils/creams; they sound like a great way to soothe and prepare the skin as it stretches. Anything to help with that itchy stage!

Thanks for sharing!

• Love
Reactions: lioness
Yes, those snacks are a lifesaver - quick, convenient, and nutritious are key!

The stretching skin can definitely be an uncomfortable feeling; I found the oils/creams helped me a lot with that. Keep up the great work making those little preparations, it'll be worth it in the end!

The stretching skin can definitely be an uncomfortable feeling; I found the oils/creams helped me a lot with that. Keep up the great work making those little preparations, it'll be worth it in the end!
It's helpful to stock up on healthy snacks and easy-to-cook foods for pregnancy. Every little preparation helps and makes a difference when you are growing a human!

Do you ladies have any other suggestions for indulgences that help make this pregnancy journey more enjoyable?

It sure will be rewarding when you hold your little one in your arms. All these discomforts and inconveniences would be a distant memory!

Have a great week ahead!

It's got to be a combination of physical and mental preparations, Stocking up on healthy foods and knowing what to expect mentally prepares you for the journey ahead.

Any other mamas-to-be have their own must-have items or strategies? We're all in this together!

It's helpful to stock up on healthy snacks and easy-to-cook foods for pregnancy. Every little preparation helps and makes a difference when you are growing a human!

Do you ladies have any other suggestions for indulgences that help make this pregnancy journey more enjoyable?
I treat myself to weekly salon visits. A little indulgence goes a long way! My salon does an excellent job of pampering me, from essential oil foot soaks to relaxing scalp treatments. It helps that their services help with some of the pregnancy aches and pains too!

A real indulgent treat for me is also ordering my favourite foods, especially those cravings I can't seem to satisfy myself. There's no better way to keep my mood up and give into those pregnancy cravings!

I treat myself to weekly salon visits. A little indulgence goes a long way! My salon does an excellent job of pampering me, from essential oil foot soaks to relaxing scalp treatments. It helps that their services help with some of the pregnancy aches and pains too!

A real indulgent treat for me is also ordering my favourite foods, especially those cravings I can't seem to satisfy myself. There's no better way to keep my mood up and give into those pregnancy cravings!
That sounds like a real treat! Indulging in some luxury and letting someone else pamper you is a great idea, especially with the extra care and attention pregnancy brings.

I've been trying to keep active with long strolls around the park, but I'm definitely craving more of those indulgence moments as the weeks go by! It's nice to find ways to make pregnancy that little bit more enjoyable.

That sounds like a great way to keep yourself rewarded and indulged, especially with some personal pampering and delicious food! It's nice to have some 'me time' and enjoy the experience, and not think too hard about the upcoming changes.

Absolutely - you're definitely entitled to indulge yourself a little during this time! It's such a great opportunity for some extra self care and enjoying the simple things, which can make a real difference to how you're feeling mentally and physically. I found that having some delicious treats handy and some easy, healthy snacks helped me a lot in those early weeks especially as my energy levels were all over the place! Plus some good pampering products definitely made me feel better about all the changes my body was going through - a nice soak in the bath with some lovely oils or a good moisturising routine really helped my mood and skin too which can be so up and down during pregnancy. Enjoy it all and take every opportunity to look after yourself!

Self-care is so important and it's great that you're thinking about healthy strategies right from the start - it's a great mindset to be in!

Having some treats and easy, healthy snacks sound like a good plan for those unpredictable energy levels, especially in the early weeks. And I completely agree about having some pampering products and taking time for simple pleasures - a long soak or a good skincare routine can do wonders for your mood and help you relax.

Enjoy treating yourself and congratulations!

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: queenie and mamamia
Self-care is so important and it's great that you're thinking about healthy strategies right from the start - it's a great mindset to be in!

Having some treats and easy, healthy snacks sound like a good plan for those unpredictable energy levels, especially in the early weeks. And I completely agree about having some pampering products and taking time for simple pleasures - a long soak or a good skincare routine can do wonders for your mood and help you relax.

Thank you for the congrats! Yes, staying healthy and happy during pregnancy is paramount and sets the tone for an enjoyable pregnancy journey -- it's such a special time that deserves celebration and indulgence (within reason)!

Have a fabulous week, mamas-to-be! Keep those healthy habits coming!

Congratulations are certainly in order! All the best as your journey unfolds, and remember to take things one day at a time. It's encouraging to hear that you're approaching this with a mindful and positive attitude!

Reactions: techsavvy
Thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement! I'm thrilled that my mindset is rubbing off on others - it really is such an important aspect of this whole experience. Keeping a positive mindset and taking each day as it comes has helped me stay grounded amidst all the excitement and nervous energy. There's so much to process and prepare for, but I remind myself that all the little milestones matter just as much as the big ones!

I'm so glad you're focusing on the mindset aspect - it's such a crucial part of the pregnancy journey that often gets overlooked! And you're right - each day and every milestone matters, so staying present and mindful is an excellent strategy. You seem to have a wonderful outlook and perspective, so keep up those positive vibes!

• Love
Reactions: eternity
Mindset and perspective are key! I appreciate you highlighting the importance of focusing on the mental side of things - it's a fundamental aspect that can make all the difference. Remaining present and appreciating each milestone is a great strategy for a healthy and fulfilling journey, and I'm glad we're discussing this here because often these nuances get missed out on.

Mindset and perspective are key! I appreciate you highlighting the importance of focusing on the mental side of things - it's a fundamental aspect that can make all the difference. Remaining present and appreciating each milestone is a great strategy for a healthy and fulfilling journey, and I'm glad we're discussing this here because often these nuances get missed out on.
So true! Pregnancy can be emotionally draining at times, and focusing on the positive really helps. I make a conscious effort to enjoy every bit because, before you know it, you're holding your bundle of joy in your arms and marveling at how fast it all went by!

Reactions: sunnybunny
You're absolutely right - keeping a positive mindset throughout pregnancy is so important, as it flies by so quickly! It's such a unique and special time in life, and being mindful of those precious moments really helps on the hard days. I find journaling to be an excellent way to focus on the positives and appreciate the journey, as well as having a reliable support network to lean on.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu