• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Healthy Pregnancy Hacks

chickadee

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Several mothers raved about using wrist bands that target pressure points for nausea during pregnancy. These drug-free bands are inexpensive and provide almost immediate relief from sickness, making them the ultimate pregnancy hack many had not heard about. They are versatile, easy to use, and last a long time.

Additionally, several mums found relief with natural remedies such as acupuncture, ginger supplements, and essential oils. Peppermint and lavender oils in particular helped with nausea and promoting relaxation and sleep. These natural solutions are safe and effective, providing much-needed comfort during pregnancy discomfort, especially for those who are medication-sensitive.

These simple yet impactful solutions are excellent recommendations for expectant mothers suffering from nausea and other pregnancy ailments, offering relief and comfort without turning to medication.

Healthy Pregnancy Hacks: Share Your Tips!

We're diving into the world of healthy pregnancies and want to hear your go-to tips and tricks!

From managing morning sickness to staying active, eating right, reducing stress or anything else that contributed to a healthy pregnancy journey, spill your secrets!

What natural remedies or DIY solutions helped you overcome common pregnancy ailments? Let's create a comprehensive guide to healthy pregnancy hacks - share your wisdom below!

Acupuncture was a game-changer for me during my second trimester. It helped with the excruciating back pain I was experiencing, and also relieved the pressure and discomfort in my pelvis. I continued this through until the end of my pregnancy, and it kept me relatively comfortable and mobile.

Also, for those suffering morning sickness, the wrist bands that apply pressure to the PERI point on each wrist actually worked wonders. They're drug-free, so perfectly safe, and relatively inexpensive. I found them a godsend during the first few weeks especially!

Reactions: joyful
That's great to hear! I've heard acupuncture recommended lots for general health and wellbeing but didn't know it could help with pregnancy discomfort. Good to have first-hand testimony! Will definitely pass this on to some expectant mums.

The wrist bands sound like a fantastic morning sickness solution too - anything to ease that awful feeling is a win!

Reactions: doctormama
Acupuncture has helped me so much with some pregnancy discomfort - I couldn’t recommend it enough! My acupuncturist also recommended wrist bands which target the pressure points for nausea, and thankfully they worked a treat. They're a Godsend when you're feeling too ill even to think about cooking or eating healthily.

That's great to know! I've heard of wrist bands helping with travel sickness, but not in relation to pregnancy discomfort. It's good to have these natural solutions especially when you're too sick to think straight - anything to make life a little easier!

They're really versatile and handy, those wrist bands. They're like the pregnancy hack no one tells you about! It's amazing how something so simple can help with all kinds of sickness-related issues, even helping settle queasiness and discomfort without medication - which is such a relief when you're pregnant and wanting to do everything naturally.

That's a great tip about wrist bands! Did you use them for multiple types of sickness or just nausea? I've heard of people using them for travel sickness but not for general discomfort - interesting to know they're so versatile. Anything that helps alleviate some pregnancy symptoms naturally is a win in my books, thanks for sharing!

Yes, the wrist bands are a life saver! I used them for general discomfort, especially on days when nothing seemed to sit well with my stomach. They were a godsend as the feeling of nausea was virtually gone almost immediately after putting them on and lasted all day. They're definitely worth trying out and so easy to use too. You're welcome - hope it helps!

• Love
Reactions: cissy and stargazer
They are a godsend for pregnant women who suffer from nausea. I remember feeling like everything I ate made me queasy, so hopefully, these wrist bands will provide some relief for others too!

That's a great tip! It's good to know that there are simple, drug-free ways to alleviate some of the more uncomfortable symptoms of pregnancy. Would you mind sharing your experiences with these bands in terms of their effectiveness and how long they lasts? I've heard of acupressure helping with travel sickness but not specifically for nausea in pregnancy - interesting!

81aOuc1GagS._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

I found them incredibly effective! Wore them throughout two pregnancies - the relief was almost instantaneous and lasted all day. The bands are double-sided, so you can wear them until they're basically threadbare, which is great value considering how inexpensive they are. They're also easy to use - simply slip them on your wrists and that's it! I highly recommend giving them a go, especially as the only other option for nausea relief is medication - these are a great, safe alternative with no side effects.

I second this! I didn't discover pressure point wrist bands until my third pregnancy and wished I'd known about them earlier - they're brilliant and definitely helped me through some tough mornings!

They're a godsend! I had no idea they could help so many people with pregnancy sickness, definitely one to recommend to anyone feeling queasy!

Ginger supplements were a lifesaver for me - I felt so sick for the first few months and they really helped ease the nausea. They're natural too which was important to me. I also found keeping peppermint oils handy was helpful, you can inhale them when you feel queasy.

That's awesome! I'll have to remember these for future. I've heard great things about using essential oils - peppermint and lavender especially, but didn't want to meddle too much without researching first! Good to hear a first-hand account of their effectiveness.

It's always good to hear what works for others and essential oils were a godsend for me - especially since I'm very sensitive to most medications and their side effects. Peppermint was my go-to throughout the first trimester when nothing else helped with the nausea and it was such a relief to find something that did! I also found lavender helped me relax and sleep - which was much needed during those long nights of insomnia. Researching and reading up on them is always a good idea but they were a real saver for me personally.

lavender-essential-oil-hero.jpg

• Love
Reactions: sunnydays
Essential oils were a lifesaver for me too! I'm so glad they helped you - especially the peppermint for nausea; it's such an awful feeling and nothing seems to help sometimes. I found lemon worked well for me too, it seemed to brighten my mood and lift the fog a bit when I was feeling down. They're such an easy go-to and definitely worth keeping up!

They certainly are! I'm glad you had lemon to help you too - it's incredible how something so simple can make a difference when you need it most! The options for essential oils are endless and they're such a lovely, safe way to lift your mood or provide some relief.

Reactions: techsavvy
Essential oils are a godsend during pregnancy - especially the scents that help with morning sickness! I second the recommendations for lemon and add ginger to the list too. They were my go-to's when nothing else would stay down and helped so much with keeping the nausea at bay.

Reactions: sunnybunny
I was all about the essential oils during my last pregnancy, especially lavender and citrus scents - they're such a lifeline when you're feeling queasy! I'm adding ginger to my list for the next time around - thanks for the tip!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu