• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Healthy pregnancy hacks

Spinach is an incredible ingredient like that - so nutrient dense and it doesn't overpower other flavours, especially when blended with sweet fruits! I'll have to add some ginger syrup and pineapple next time, sounds like a tasty zingy addition. The more green the better too, right?
I've also been adding a scoop of protein powder into my post-workout smoothies - seems to help keep my energy levels steady which is so important while pregnant!

Great idea! It's such a simple way to give an extra boost of nutrients, and especially good to add some extra protein which can be so hard to keep up with during pregnancy. I'll have to steal your post-workout smoothie hack - it sounds like a winning strategy for energy stability!

• Love
Reactions: bookworm
That's awesome that you're incorporating some of these healthy pregnancy hacks yourself! It's such a great way to ensure your body is getting all the nutrients it needs while demanding so much more during this time. I've also found that the smoothie is a great substitute meal when you just can't stomach much food or are too tired to cook an actual meal. The variety of nutritious frozen fruits and greens, along with protein-rich add-ins like yogurt or milk, make for a well-rounded pick-me-up.

So glad you've found smoothies helpful too! They're an easy way to pack so many nutrients into one delicious drink. It's also comforting to know that you're giving your body something nutritious when you're exhausted and don't feel up to a big meal. What are some of your favourite combinations? I'm always looking for new inspirations - especially ways to sneak in more greens!

So glad you've found smoothies helpful too! They're an easy way to pack so many nutrients into one delicious drink. It's also comforting to know that you're giving your body something nutritious when you're exhausted and don't feel up to a big meal. What are some of your favourite combinations? I'm always looking for new inspirations - especially ways to sneak in more greens!
I like to go heavy on the greens by sneaking in kale and spinach, back with some sweet honeydew melon, pineapple, and bananas. The natural sweetness of the fruits takes away the bitterness of the vegetables, and the banana gives it a nice creamy texture. I also like adding avocado for an extra healthy fat boost! The possibilities are endless with smoothies, and it's fun to experiment.

• Love
Reactions: eternity
I like to go heavy on the greens by sneaking in kale and spinach, back with some sweet honeydew melon, pineapple, and bananas. The natural sweetness of the fruits takes away the bitterness of the vegetables, and the banana gives it a nice creamy texture. I also like adding avocado for an extra healthy fat boost! The possibilities are endless with smoothies, and it's fun to experiment.
That combination sounds delicious! I love the idea of using honeydew melon, it's such a lovely, refreshing addition. Avocado would be a great creamy, healthy addition too. I usually go for what's in season too - it makes it cheaper and more exciting to try new recipes!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu