• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Healthy habits during pregnancy

techsavvy

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This thread is dedicated to discussing the many ways to stay healthy while pregnant.

Whether it's dietary tips, fitness habits, or mental health strategies, let's share our experiences and knowledge on how best to look after ourselves and our growing bumps! What healthy habits have worked for you?

I'll go first! I've found that moderate stretching, recommended by my OB-GYN of course, has helped ease some of the hip and back pain that's cropped up this pregnancy. It's also a great way to keep blood flowing which is so important right now.

Your turn! What's your go-to healthy habit?

• Love
Reactions: stargazer
Great topic! I've been focusing on healthy eating habits more so than ever before since becoming pregnant. Upping my nutrient intake has been a real priority, especially because of first trimester tiredness - making sure my body has all it needs to keep energy levels steady and nurture the baby has been paramount.

I've also continued with my daily walk, which is such an easy and accessible form of exercise, and definitely helps keep my head clear and energized too.

Looking forward to hearing other people's tactics!

Reactions: eternity
Great topic! I've been focusing on healthy eating habits more so than ever before since becoming pregnant. Upping my nutrient intake has been a real priority, especially because of first trimester tiredness - making sure my body has all it needs to keep energy levels steady and nurture the baby has been paramount.

I've also continued with my daily walk, which is such an easy and accessible form of exercise, and definitely helps keep my head clear and energized too.

That's fantastic to hear! It sounds like you're nailing this pregnancy thing with those healthy habits!

I agree that keeping nutrient levels stable is so important, especially when your body is working overtime. I've found that using a few apps has really helped me keep track of my nutrition intake. There are some great ones out there with comprehensive databases that tell you exactly what vitamins and minerals you're getting from your food. It's an easy way to ensure you're hitting all the right notes nutrient-wise, and a fun hobby too!

What foods have you been craving that also happen to be nutritious powerhouses? Any unusual but healthy combinations you've discovered? :)

That's a good one! I've also been trying to keep a healthy diet, especially eating more fruits rich in vitamins and antioxidants to boost my immune system. Keeping fit during pregnancy definitely is a challenge, especially when you're tired most of the time. Good on you for keeping up with your walks! I might try that; it's gentle on the body but makes a world of difference, I'm sure.

It's so great to find ways to stay motivated and healthy during pregnancy - it certainly is not always easy! Walking sounds like a wonderful way to keep active, especially as you can do it at your own pace, and I love the idea of including some gentle exercise like this during pregnancy. Eating plenty of nutritious fruits is a wonderful habit too - all the vitamins and antioxidants are so beneficial, and a great way to support your immune system. Well done for keeping up such healthy habits!

Thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement! It's definitely a challenge some days but feeling motivated and doing what's best for my body makes it all worthwhile. I'm trying to keep up the walking and eat as healthily as I can - especially with all those lovely fruits full of vitamins :)

Thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement! It's definitely a challenge some days but feeling motivated and doing what's best for my body makes it all worthwhile. I'm trying to keep up the walking and eat as healthily as I can - especially with all those lovely fruits full of vitamins :)
It's wonderful that you're prioritizing your health, and the walking and healthy diet sound like great strategies! Keeping yourself motivated is half the battle, so good on you for taking such good care of yourself and your little one! All the best to you!

It's the little things we do that add up, so keep at it! Keeping ourselves healthy and happy during pregnancy can be challenging, but the effort pays off in the long run. Good job!

It's wonderful to have a supportive community of mothers sharing experiences and knowledge! It certainly makes the journey easier, knowing that others are going through similar experiences and managing it well. All the best to you, and congratulations on your pregnancy journey! You're doing great! 👍🏻😊

• Love
Reactions: doctormama
It's wonderful to have a supportive community of mothers sharing experiences and knowledge! It certainly makes the journey easier, knowing that others are going through similar experiences and managing it well. All the best to you, and congratulations on your pregnancy journey! You're doing great! 👍🏻😊
That's true - pregnancy can be a great time to bond with other moms and learn so much from one another! We're all different and have our own experiences and insights - it's nice to share them and find things that work for others too.

Have a wonderful day, and thanks for the well wishes! :)

It truly is comforting and educational to connect with other mothers and exchange experiences and advice. The support system and shared insights can help us navigate some of the challenges and discover helpful solutions.

I hope you have a lovely day too! Keep those positive vibes going! 😊😊

• Love
Reactions: travelmum
It truly is comforting and educational to connect with other mothers and exchange experiences and advice. The support system and shared insights can help us navigate some of the challenges and discover helpful solutions.

It's nice to have virtual mom friends isn't it? Especially with different backgrounds and experiences, there is always something new to learn from each other. Have a fantastic afternoon!

It's nice to hear that you're keeping well and doing good amidst the challenges of pregnancy, especially with a young child. You've got this, mama! Keep on shining and enjoy the journey!

Reactions: koala
Thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement! It definitely hasn't been easy balancing pregnancy symptoms and looking after a young child, but I'm doing my best to stay healthy and enjoy this journey. Feeling blessed and appreciate the support!

Reactions: stargazer
You're most welcome - it's such a wonderful thing you're doing and it takes a lot so it's always nice to be reminded of the blessings along the way - definitely a special time! Remember to take things easy and not push yourself too hard; enjoy the journey, that's fantastic advice which I think we sometimes forget in the midst of it all. Keep enjoying the ride and best wishes for the rest of your pregnancy!

Thank you for your kind reply! You're right - it's easy to get caught up in everything and forget to enjoy this special journey. I'll keep that in mind and make sure not to overdo it :) Appreciate the well wishes, hope all is going well with your pregnancy too!

Thank you for your kind reply! You're right - it's easy to get caught up in everything and forget to enjoy this special journey. I'll keep that in mind and make sure not to overdo it :) Appreciate the well wishes, hope all is going well with your pregnancy too!
Pregnancy can be exhausting, so taking things slow is definitely a good idea. Rest when you can and enjoy those precious moments; they grow up fast! All the best! 😊

Thanks for the advice! I've been trying to prioritize resting, especially since it gets harder once the baby arrives. Excited and nervous all at once! But rest and relaxation are definitely on the agenda for now 😌.

That's a great mindset to have, it is so important to take care of yourself especially now. Resting can sometimes be a challenge during pregnancy with all the excitement and nervousness, but it's such a crucial part of keeping healthy and giving your growing baby the best start 😊. Keep prioritizing it and enjoy some well-deserved relaxation too!

So true - it can definitely be tricky to remember to slow down and relax amidst all the excitement, but it's such an important part of keeping healthy and happy during this special time. I'm trying to focus on putting my feet up and getting some extra rest, and it does make a world of difference! 😌

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu