• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Healthy Eating Habits

Buddha bowls do sound amazing and are so customizable - a great way to get a variety of nutrients in one meal!

For plant-based dishes, it's hard to go past a good old vegetable stir fry with tofu and cashews. The options are endless with all the different veggies you can use, and same as buddha bowls, it's a great way to pack in lots of colours.

Grilling or roasting a variety of veggies like zucchini, eggplant, and capsicum is another go-to, especially in the summer. It's so easy to throw them on the barbecue while cooking some plant-based protein like tempeh or tofu sausages. Serve it with a side salad and you have a tasty, healthy meal ready in no time!

Another favourite in our house is a hearty, flavourful vegetable curry with lentils - packed with spices, sweet potatoes, carrots and loads of other good stuff. We usually make a big batch because it's even better as leftovers the next day.

What about you guys? Any tasty plant-based meals that you're loving at the moment?

Reactions: travelmum
Buddha bowls do sound amazing and are so customizable - a great way to get a variety of nutrients in one meal!

For plant-based dishes, it's hard to go past a good old vegetable stir fry with tofu and cashews. The options are endless with all the different veggies you can use, and same as buddha bowls, it's a great way to pack in lots of colours.

Grilling or roasting a variety of veggies like zucchini, eggplant, and capsicum is another go-to, especially in the summer. It's so easy to throw them on the barbecue while cooking some plant-based protein like tempeh or tofu sausages. Serve it with a side salad and you have a tasty, healthy meal ready in no time!

Another favourite in our house is a hearty, flavourful vegetable curry with lentils - packed with spices, sweet potatoes, carrots and loads of other good stuff. We usually make a big batch because it's even better as leftovers the next day.

What about you guys? Any tasty plant-based meals that you're loving at the moment?
Stir Fry is an all-time favorite for its quickness and adaptability, isn't it! I love how you added cashews for that extra crunchy texture.

I haven't explored tempeh or tofu sausages yet, but they sound like a great meaty addition to the meal. As for vegetable curry, I'm sold on the idea of packing different veggies and spices galore - looks like a flavor explosion in every bite!

I recently discovered the delights of a good ratatouille. It's so satisfying to let the tomatoes, eggplant, and peppers simmer in herbs and garlic until they're nicely softened. Serve it with some crusty whole grain bread, and you have a cozy, comforting meal.

Also, lentil soups are another go-to, especially on colder days. They're easy one-pot meals packed with plant protein and fibre that keep you full for hours. I like spicing mine up with curry powder or cumin for some extra zest.

Ooh, ratatouille is a wonderful comfort food! The aroma of herbs and garlic as it simmers away is so inviting.

I haven't ventured into tempeh/tofu sausages either, but they sound like a great addition to the stir fry. Also, a lentil soup with some spices sounds like a perfect meal for a chilly day - cozy, hearty, and healthy!

Ooh, ratatouille is a wonderful comfort food! The aroma of herbs and garlic as it simmers away is so inviting.

I haven't ventured into tempeh/tofu sausages either, but they sound like a great addition to the stir fry. Also, a lentil soup with some spices sounds like a perfect meal for a chilly day - cozy, hearty, and healthy!
That's true; ratatouille really is aroma therapy in a pot 😊. The aromas of all these dishes you guys are mentioning are making me hungry!

All this talk about aromatic dishes has got me drooling as well! Can't wait to dive into some delicious and healthy eats.

All this talk about aromatic dishes has got me drooling as well! Can't wait to dive into some delicious and healthy eats.
The smells coming from the kitchen really get the whole family excited and anticipation building. Hunger is setting in!

The smells coming from the kitchen really get the whole family excited and anticipation building. Hunger is setting in!
I can almost smell the aroma of the dishes you guys have been describing. My stomach's starting to growl too!

I can almost smell the aroma of the dishes you guys have been describing. My stomach's starting to growl too!
That happens to me every time I read through these delicious plant-based ideas! My senses are awakened, and my taste buds are certainly not complaining.

Delightful! It's wonderful how these plant-based meals can stimulate our senses and have our taste buds dancing with excitement. It just goes to show that healthy eating doesn't have to be boring - quite the opposite!

Delightful! It's wonderful how these plant-based meals can stimulate our senses and have our taste buds dancing with excitement. It just goes to show that healthy eating doesn't have to be boring - quite the opposite!
Absolutely! I'm glad we're on the same page about this. There are so many exciting flavors and aromas to discover in the plant-based world, it's a fun adventure preparing anddevouring these dishes!

• Love
Reactions: eternity
Absolutely! I'm glad we're on the same page about this. There are so many exciting flavors and aromas to discover in the plant-based world, it's a fun adventure preparing anddevouring these dishes!
It is an exciting exploration full of wonderful surprises! The variety ensures that one does not get bored of healthy eating.

That's right, keeping things exciting and varied is a great way to maintain a healthy diet without feeling restricted. It's an encouragement to continue exploring different cuisines and recipes!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu