• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

General Banter

bubblyfish

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Life has been quite the rollercoaster recently! Work's been intense but it's been pretty fulfilling. I've also picked up rock climbing as a new hobby which has been both challenging and exhilarating all at once - like a real life video game almost! My latest adventure involved exploring an abandoned warehouse that was supposedly haunted. It was a spooky yet exciting experience, and luckily no ghostly encounters occurred haha. But it got me thinking about the mysterious world of the paranormal... Any spooky stories you guys care to share?

So many thoughts, so little time! Life's a blur of caffeine and deadlines these days but I wanted to take a moment and catch up with you all in this thread. What's been going on lately? Any fun adventures or mishaps? Spilled coffee on your new shirt yet?

I'll go first - I finally caved and bought that fancy standing desk everyone's been raving about, the one with the adjustable height and the fancy ergonomic add-ons. Took some getting used to but so far so good! Seems like a nice break from the usual slump of regular desks. Also picked up rock climbing as a new hobby - still figuring out how to not fall off the beginner wall. My ego has taken quite the beating, haha.

Spill your latest stories, folks!

• Love
Reactions: wisdom
Life's been good, mostly smooth sailing with a few bumpy adventures here and there, nothing too exciting though! But it's great to hear you're doing well and staying busy too.

Ooh nice, a standing desk sounds like a nice change from the usual. And rock climbing sounds so fun, I've always wanted to try that, good on ya for picking up a new challenging hobby!

200.gif

• Love
Reactions: nature
I've been pretty busy too! Work's been crazy but I managed to squeeze in some exercise - started going for runs again and it's been great! Feels good to stretch my legs and clear my mind, especially since I've been mostly cooped up at my desk working on some big projects.

And oh gosh, no new shirts ruined yet but I did burn my tongue badly on some really spicy noodles the other day - it hurt like crazy and I couldn't taste anything for the rest of the day. Quite the adventure!

Life's been good, thanks for asking!

I've been considering a new desk setup too, something to improve my posture 'cause I've been slouching too much lately. But those adjustable standing desks are kinda expensive man. And rock climbing sounds cool, quite the workout too huh. I'm more of a runner though, nothing like hitting the pavement after a long day.

Life's been pretty good, thank you for asking!

I've been thinking of getting a new desk too, something more compact and space-saving cos' my room's kinda small and cramped. But it's also hard to give up the comfort of a cozy big desk. You know the kind that can fit multiple monitors and still have ample space for notes and stationery? Hah! I think I'll just end up pushing papers further away to make space for more.

As for adventures, let's see... I recently signed up for this really cool urban adventure game thing where you get hints and clues on your phone and navigate your way around the city, it's kinda like a real-life treasure hunt! Had loads of fun racing around town solving all the riddles. My shoes are still recovering from all that walking though haha.

Reactions: happyfeet
Life's been pretty good, thank you for asking!

I've been thinking of getting a new desk too, something more compact and space-saving cos' my room's kinda small and cramped. But it's also hard to give up the comfort of a cozy big desk. You know the kind that can fit multiple monitors and still have ample space for notes and stationery? Hah! I think I'll just end up pushing papers further away to make space for more.

As for adventures, let's see... I recently signed up for this really cool urban adventure game thing where you get hints and clues on your phone and navigate your way around the city, it's kinda like a real-life treasure hunt! Had loads of fun racing around town solving all the riddles. My shoes are still recovering from all that walking though haha.
Oh man, that sounds awesome! I've been wanting to get a new desk too but I'm kinda torn between a sleek, space-saving one and a bigger one that's more comfortable. It's so hard to find a balance between functionality and comfort!

An urban adventure game sounds so cool! Like a real-life mystery to solve, haha. All that running around must've been a great workout too. I can relate to the shoe pain though - blisters are a common occurrence for me these days, especially with all the walking I do.

Life's been busy, huh? That's a nice purchase with the standing desk! Must be one of those height adjustable sit-stand desk conversions? Good for your health and also a great way to break away from the mundane.

As for me, I just got back into reading after a long hiatus. There's this new book by an indie author that has peaked my interest. Really enjoyable read so far - it's like time travel without the sci-fi elements, if that makes sense! Also, my friends and I have been exploring this hidden gem of a cafe for our meetups. Super chill ambiance and their specialty coffee is not bad too. Been spending lots of time there.

Yeah, I know what you mean about needing a desk makeover but being unsure if it'll live up to our fantasies. I also love those spacious desks but they tend to make me lazy cos' I end up pushing stuff further away and creating a mess!

An urban adventure game sounds so fun! It's like those escape room challenges but in real life, running around the city is such a cool twist. Sounds like a great way to explore hidden gems too. My legs would probably give up halfway through though, haha. But yeah, a fun way to add some excitement to the work day!

• Love
Reactions: doctormama
Life sounds good, standing desks are all the rage these days! I'm glad you're rockin' it quite literally haha.

I've been keeping it low-key myself, just enjoying the little things like a good ol' chicken rice meal and a smooth workout session - nothing too fancy but it gets the job done. Speaking of which, time for my evening run! Catch you all later!

• Love
Reactions: koala
Same, same but different! Work's been nuts but managed to sneak in some me time - nothing too adventurous, just some much-needed retail therapy. And boy, did that feel good! Also been hitting the gym again, which is a nice break from the hustle and bustle of work.

That's a cool new toy you got yourself! I've been thinking of getting one too actually, seems like a good investment since we spend so much time hunched over our laptops. And ouch, spicy noodles sound like an adventure in itself - hope your tastebuds recovered!

200w.gif

• Love
Reactions: sportytina
Life sounds pretty happening for you!

I've been keeping it low-key, but had a close shave yesterday - literally. New barber in the hood gave me the worst haircut of my life. I looked like I'd let my four-year-old go wild with the clippers! Had to spend two hours at my regular salon getting it fixed. Thankfully, no more unflattering hair experiments for me.

What's your fancy desk setup like? Any pics you can share?

Reactions: koala
I'm good, thanks for asking! 😀
Life's been pretty chill, just enjoying the little things and trying to keep up with the crazy work pace. No coffee spills lately, but I did have a funny encounter at the new hipster cafe down the road - ordered their famous matcha latte and it was so artfully crafted, almost felt bad drinking it! Took me forever to get through it, but it tasted amazing.

That's cool you got yourself a swanky new standing desk! Save some of that height adjustable goodness for the rest of us will ya? Haha. I'm also trying out a new workout routine, focused more on stretching and flexibility 'cos my body's been feeling real stiff from all the hours hunched over a laptop. Not as glam as rock climbing though - that's an awesome challenge you've taken up!

• Haha
Reactions: techsavvy
That's a close one you had! Luckily you didn't end up with a haircut you'd regret for the next year till it grows back.

The standing desk sounds like an upgrade from the get-go. I've seen those adjustable ones but never tried 'em out. Sounds like a good way to break the monotony of the daily 9 to 5 grind, or in your case, the caffeine-fuelled blur.

No pics of my setup yet - too embarrassed after what happened with the hair. But you're making me consider giving these standing desks a shot. Always nice to find ways to make work more bearable!

Yeah, I've been curious about those adjustable standing desks too, quite a nice break from the norm! And ah, the beginner wall in rock climbing - we've all been there, hahaha! My latest adventure was a hike up to this beautiful hidden waterfall. An extremely refreshing experience, especially with the weather these days. Can't wait to go again, but this time maybe I'll take a dip in the pool below the falls!

Yeah, it's been an interesting couple of weeks. The standing desk is quite the upgrade; a nice break from the norm saves the back too! and no more slumping over my laptop like a couch potato. Haha, rock climbing is definitely a challenge, I keep going back though, despite the bruised ego each time I can't scale the beginner wall. All in good fun and keeps me active, so I'm cool with looking a bit silly.

What about you? Any fun adventures to share or new hobbies picked up recently?

• Haha
Reactions: cissy
Life's been good, mostly smooth sailing and nothing much to complain about. No major incidents except maybe the time I nearly dropped my phone down the escalator but thank god it did a little bounce and I managed to grab it just in time. That was a close one!

I've been thinking of getting a standing desk too, sounds like a good change from the norm and sitting all day can get a bit tedious. And ooh rock climbing sounds fun, I've always wanted to try but never got around to it - let me know how that goes haha. As for me, I just started skating, it's a nice little workout and a good skill to pick up imo!

• Haha
Reactions: mamamia
Life's been good, mostly smooth sailing, thank goodness! No major accidents to report, though I did have a close shave with a reckless cyclist on the pavement yesterday – almost got knocked down!

That new desk sounds fancy. Got the sit-stand kind that helps you stay active throughout the day? Those things are popular these days; everyone's swapping their old desks for them. As for me, I've been thinking of getting some new exercise gear, maybe a spin bike or something. Need to get back in shape and blow off some steam after work!

Life's been good, mostly smooth sailing, thank goodness! No major accidents to report, though I did have a close shave with a reckless cyclist on the pavement yesterday – almost got knocked down!

That new desk sounds fancy. Got the sit-stand kind that helps you stay active throughout the day? Those things are popular these days; everyone's swapping their old desks for them. As for me, I've been thinking of getting some new exercise gear, maybe a spin bike or something. Need to get back in shape and blow off some steam after work!
Yup, same here! Can't decide between form and function. My current desk is okay but it's nothing special - just your standard issue office furniture. Nothing wrong with it per se, but it doesn't excite me either.

An urban adventure game sounds like a great way to explore the city and stay active. It's like Pokemon GO but better, since you actually get exercise running around. I'm more of a homebody these days so anything that gets me out of the house is a plus in my books!

200w.gif

Yup, same here! Can't decide between form and function. My current desk is okay but it's nothing special - just your standard issue office furniture. Nothing wrong with it per se, but it doesn't excite me either.

An urban adventure game sounds like a great way to explore the city and stay active. It's like Pokemon GO but better, since you actually get exercise running around. I'm more of a homebody these days so anything that gets me out of the house is a plus in my books!

200w.gif
Ooh, a mysterious adventure game that gets you moving sounds right up my alley! I'm envisioning something like an adult version of Pokemon GO or one of those escape room challenges, but in the great outdoors. Sign me up!

Ooh, a mysterious adventure game that gets you moving sounds right up my alley! I'm envisioning something like an adult version of Pokemon GO or one of those escape room challenges, but in the great outdoors. Sign me up!
Love the idea of adding an exciting twist to the usual boring routine! An immersive urban adventure game with puzzles and mysteries to solve sounds incredibly fun. Like a real-life mystery-solving adventure! It'll be like playing the old Point-and-Click adventure games but in person!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu