• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Gear Reviews

That's great to know! Carrier comfort and ease of use are vital for parents. I've heard good things about the Baby Bjorn range; seems like it lives up to its reputation! Do you have any minus points about it, or is it a totally flawless experience?
The only slight downside is that the Baby Bjorn carrier doesn't have any fancy patterns or colors. The neutral black or navy blue color options are chic, but I'd love to see some stylish designs too - something with a pop of color or fun prints for variety. But that's just aesthetics; it doesn't take away from its functionality at all! I suppose you can't please everyone's tastes, but it'd be nice to have a few more design options. Aside from that, it ticks all the boxes for comfort and convenience.

That sounds like a handy product for parents! Will certainly be high on the consideration list should any of my mom friends ask for recommendations.
it's a good thing to know about products that actually work as described - especially when they make parenting easier! I'm sure your recommendations will be much appreciated by your friend. :)

That sounds like a handy product for parents! Will certainly be high on the consideration list should any of my mom friends ask for recommendations.
It's good to get recommendations For me, the carrier's light weight and compactness are huge selling points - they make it so much more manageable than some of the bulkier options out there! Also, the design is minimalistic and modern, which is an added bonus. You might want to give it a try if you haven't already!

Baby Bjorn is definitely a comfortable carrier with its lightweight, easy wear-and-tear design which allows busy moms like us to get things done. You can say it's got most parents' votes sealed tight! It's also worth noting that, for me at least, it's been the most comfortable and convenient one among the different carriers I've tried. I love how my back feels supported, unlike other brands where you'd have to do a lot of readjusting. It just feels like the baby's weight is distributed evenly.

That's great to know! Carrier comfort and ease of use are vital for parents. I've heard good things about the Baby Bjorn range; seems like it lives up to its reputation! Do you have any minus points about it, or is it a totally flawless experience?
There is nothing that's entirely flawless in this world. While the Baby Bjorn carrier does not dislocate your shoulders or strain your back like some others, it's not exactly cool for long hours out in the sun. The fabric isn't breathable and can get stuffy - imagine being stuck inside a sweatbox! It also doesn't have a lot of space for storing things like keys or phones - a minor inconvenience, but still a hassle nonetheless. But if you just want a straightforward, no-frills carrier that does its job well, this is a good pick.

That's great to know! Carrier reviews are especially useful as an unreliable stroller can leave parents stranded. Is it suitable for prolonged usage or just for short periods? Do you have any recommendations for the best features to look out for in carriers if one were to be used for longer periods or for taller/heavier toddlers?
The Baby Bjorn carrier is good for short, quick errands or when you're out and about with your toddler. It's quite comfortable and sturdy, but I'm not sure about using it for extended periods. It might get uncomfortable, mainly if your child is on the heavier side.

For longer usage, I'd recommend getting a full-bodied carrier that has a wide, supportive waistband and padded, adjustable straps. The waist strap helps distribute the child's weight across your body, making it easier on your shoulders and back. You'll also want one that's breathable for those sunny Singapore days! Some brands also have specific models catering to taller or heavier children.

That's great to know! Carrier reviews are especially useful as an unreliable stroller can leave parents stranded. Is it suitable for prolonged usage or just for short periods? Do you have any recommendations for the best features to look out for in carriers if one were to be used for longer periods or for taller/heavier toddlers?
The Baby Bjorn carrier is definitely a good pick for extended periods! Its ergonomic design distributes your child's weight evenly, so it doesn't strain your back or shoulders. I've gone on hour-long walks with my toddler and didn't feel any discomfort.

For longer usage, I'd also recommend looking into carriers with good lumbar support and adjustable settings to fit your child's size. The shoulder straps can be adjusted for different carry positions, which is helpful as your child grows. Additionally, a well-padded back panel adds to the overall comfort.

Some parents might find that their children prefer being carried in a certain way, so it'd be good to look for carriers that offer various carrying positions too.

The Baby Bjorn is excellent for extended periods! I've gone on neighborhood walks and explored parks with my son, and the carrier kept him snug and comfortable the whole time. The ergonomic design distributes his weight evenly so that I could walk around without straining my back, even when he was already a toddling 18-month old. taller parents might appreciate the adjustable straps too. As your child grows, the carrier's weight distribution makes a huge difference!

That's great to know! Carrier preferences can vary so much from parent to parent. It's awesome that you've found one that suits your needs so well. It's a real lifesaver when they're comfortable and easy to use!
I know right! Trial-and-error with baby gear can be expensive and tedious; it's helpful to have some guidance on products that are tried and true.

That's great to know! Carrier preferences can vary so much from parent to parent. It's awesome that you've found one that suits your needs so well. It's a real lifesaver when they're comfortable and easy to use!
I know right! We parents have varying preferences, which is why hearing experiences firsthand is so helpful. I'm sure many will benefit from this conversation, knowing what to look for in a carrier.

It certainly makes life easier, especially for parents who are always on the go. It's great to have such convenient gear these days!

That's great to know! Carrier is a real life-saver when you are out and about with a fussy tot. I've tried Ergobaby too, which has good lumbar support but it's bulkier and hotter on the body - not as breezy as Baby Bjorn. Does anyone else have experience with either of these carriers?
As a parent who also values simplicity and ease when running errands, I find that the Baby Bjorn carrier really does deliver on comfort and breathability compared to my previous Ergobaby carrier. In fact, I would say it is definitely worth the cost, even though it might not have the same supportive lumbar design as Ergobaby. The lightweight and slim design makes up for any shortcomings because it's so convenient! Unlike Ergobaby, I don't feel as hot wearing it, which is a big plus in our humid weather.

That's great to know! Carrier is a real life-saver when you are out and about with a fussy tot. I've tried Ergobaby too, which has good lumbar support but it's bulkier and hotter on the body - not as breezy as Baby Bjorn. Does anyone else have experience with either of these carriers?
As a parent, I found that the ergonomic design of the Ergobaby carrier is excellent for distributing weight evenly so you don't get backaches easily. But I agree that it can get warmer compared to some other options, probably due to the thick fabric used. It also has a built-in hood which does come in handy if you're out in the rain or bright sunlight!

• Haha
Reactions: wellness
That sounds like a good find! Comfortable, practical, and convenient - all in one. Carrier sounds like a must-have for parents who value simplicity! Does it have any downsides? Maybe uncomfortable after long hours? I've heard of some carriers being too warm for the baby's comfort as well. Would you say it's worth the money?
The Baby Bjorn carrier has been quite comfortable for me and many other users, as the ergonomic design distributes your child's weight evenly across the parent's hips and shoulders. This ensures that you won't end up with an aching back or strain from carrying your child. It also has a good weight limit - up to 15kg, which covers a wide range of ages.

You're right about some carriers being too warm; it's quite a common issue, especially in our tropical climate here in Singapore! But with this one, the fabric is nice and breathable, so it doesn't feel like you're wearing a furnace! Of course, that's also thanks to the mesh back panel and the way the carrier keeps the child slightly elevated. It's a good design feature that maintains ventilation.

Is it worth the money? I'd say so, given how lightweight and durable it is, which makes it a worthwhile investment, considering you won't need to keep buying replacements. It's a good, reliable choice and definitely one of the more comfortable ones out there!

That sounds like a good find! Comfortable, practical, and convenient - all in one. Carrier sounds like a must-have for parents who value simplicity! Does it have any downsides? Maybe uncomfortable after long hours? I've heard of some carriers being too warm for the baby's comfort as well. Would you say it's worth the money?
While the Baby Bjorn carrier does not seem to have many disadvantages, I would say that it is on the pricier end. It retails from $299 SGD and can go up to $349 SGD, depending on the design and color. However, the comfort, convenience, and versatility make it a worthwhile investment for me, especially because it can carry toddlers up to 3.5 years old! I've read online that some parents found it durable enough for daily use and even across multiple children. So yes, I think it's worth the money - functional, fashionable, and convenient!

That's a quality product that certainly stands out from the many carriers out there. Provides convenience and comfort - a winning combination indeed!
There are so many different baby carriers in the market these days that it can be overwhelming for parents to choose one that fits their needs! The Baby Bjorn stands out with its simplicity and convenience; no wonder it's a popular choice!

That's great to know! Carrier seems handy for outings and running errands with a calm baby. Do share more if you have insights on other gear; I'm sure many parents would love to hear about it!
I haven't tried Ergobaby, but from what I've heard, it seems like a good stroller too! It's durable and has good back support, which is important when you gotta lug a heavy kid around. As for Baby Bjorn, other than being lightweight and comfortable, it also looks sleek and doesn't scream "baby essential" - which I like! You wanna blend in sometimes, y'know? Also, the material is easy to wash, which is a huge plus because some carriers absorb stains and odors easily.

That's a quality product that certainly stands out from the many carriers out there. Provides convenience and comfort - a winning combination indeed!
That's true - convenience and comfort are probably the two most important factors when it comes to carriers! It really enhances the overall experience and makes parenting slightly less stressful.

Yes, the Baby Bjorn carrier really is a convenient and comfortable carrier. I've also heard good things about the Ergobaby Adapt carrier, which seems like a great all-round option with added lumbar support. Some parents prefer it for longer hikes or walks as it has a more ergonomic design. It's also adjustable to grow with your baby - so no need to buy a new one as the child gets bigger!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu