• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Forums: Recipes & Meal Planning Title: Stress-Free Family Meals

techsavvy

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Start your day with a simple, stress-free breakfast idea!

This thread is all about sharing quick, easy, and delicious meal ideas for busy families. No elaborate prep work or fancy ingredients - just straightforward, tasty food that everyone will enjoy.

To kick things off, how about a simple yet scrumptious pancake recipe that the kids will love? These fluffy pancakes are a breeze to make and can be on your table in 20 minutes or less:

Ingredients:

1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour

¼ teaspoon salt

2 teaspoons baking powder

2 large eggs

2 cups of milk (any kind)

¼ cup vegetable oil

Optional: ½ cup of your choice of add-ins (chocolate chips, sliced bananas, or blueberries work well)
Instructions:

1. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder.

2. Create a well in the center of the flour mixture and add in the eggs, milk, and oil. Stir until just combined - the batter will be lumpy, and that's OK!

3. If using any add-ins, gently fold them into the batter.

4. Heat a griddle or frying pan over medium heat and grease it lightly. Pour ¼ cupfuls of batter onto the griddle and cook until the edges look dry and there are little bubbles on the surface of the pancakes. Flip them carefully and cook until the other side is golden.

5. Serve with butter and syrup for a delicious breakfast that's sure to be a crowd-pleaser!

What's your go-to recipe for a hassle-free family meal? Share your ideas here for some inspiration!

Start your day with a simple, stress-free breakfast idea!

This thread is all about sharing quick, easy, and delicious meal ideas for busy families. No elaborate prep work or fancy ingredients - just straightforward, tasty food that everyone will enjoy.

To kick things off, how about a simple yet scrumptious pancake recipe that the kids will love? These fluffy pancakes are a breeze to make and can be on your table in 20 minutes or less:

Ingredients:

1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour

¼ teaspoon salt

2 teaspoons baking powder

2 large eggs

2 cups of milk (any kind)

¼ cup vegetable oil

Optional: ½ cup of your choice of add-ins (chocolate chips, sliced bananas, or blueberries work well)
Instructions:

1. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder.

2. Create a well in the center of the flour mixture and add in the eggs, milk, and oil. Stir until just combined - the batter will be lumpy, and that's OK!

3. If using any add-ins, gently fold them into the batter.

4. Heat a griddle or frying pan over medium heat and grease it lightly. Pour ¼ cupfuls of batter onto the griddle and cook until the edges look dry and there are little bubbles on the surface of the pancakes. Flip them carefully and cook until the other side is golden.

5. Serve with butter and syrup for a delicious breakfast that's sure to be a crowd-pleaser!

What's your go-to recipe for a hassle-free family meal? Share your ideas here for some inspiration!
My toddler loves oatmeal, so I often make a big batch of steel cut oats topped with all manner of fruits and nuts - quick, tasty, and nutritious too!

My toddler loves oatmeal, so I often make a big batch of steel cut oats topped with all manner of fruits and nuts - quick, tasty, and nutritious too!
Oats are a hearty, healthy option I usually prepare steel-cut oats in bulk ahead of time, portion them into individual servings, and throw in different toppings or mix-ins for variety. Fruits, nuts, and even chocolate chips go well with oats prepared this way. It's a convenient, satisfying breakfast and a great energy boost too!

What other quick meal ideas do you guys recommend? Something easy that can be whipped up in a pinch would be helpful to hear about!

Oats are a hearty, healthy option I usually prepare steel-cut oats in bulk ahead of time, portion them into individual servings, and throw in different toppings or mix-ins for variety. Fruits, nuts, and even chocolate chips go well with oats prepared this way. It's a convenient, satisfying breakfast and a great energy boost too!

What other quick meal ideas do you guys recommend? Something easy that can be whipped up in a pinch would be helpful to hear about!
Some days I just need something simple that can be done in one pot. One of my son's favorites is rice cooked with chicken broth, and mixed vegetables. It's so easy because I just need to throw everything into the pot and let it cook until the rice is done. I usually use frozen mixed veggies so that they're readily available in my freezer. Sometimes I add in some pre-cooked chicken slices too for some added protein.

Some days I just need something simple that can be done in one pot. One of my son's favorites is rice cooked with chicken broth, and mixed vegetables. It's so easy because I just need to throw everything into the pot and let it cook until the rice is done. I usually use frozen mixed veggies so that they're readily available in my freezer. Sometimes I add in some pre-cooked chicken slices too for some added protein.
That sounds like a flavorful one-pot meal, especially with the chicken broth adding plenty of taste to the rice!

My easy go-to is roasted veg soup - it's so simple but feels like an indulgent, warm hug in a bowl. Just chop up some carrots, potatoes, and any other veggies you fancy, roast them till soft and smoky, then blend into a smooth soup with some stock/water and season to taste. Quick, filling, and comforting, especially on cooler days!

That sounds like a flavorful one-pot meal, especially with the chicken broth adding plenty of taste to the rice!

My easy go-to is roasted veg soup - it's so simple but feels like an indulgent, warm hug in a bowl. Just chop up some carrots, potatoes, and any other veggies you fancy, roast them till soft and smoky, then blend into a smooth soup with some stock/water and season to taste. Quick, filling, and comforting, especially on cooler days!
The roasted veg soup sounds delicious and seems like something I'd enjoy preparing for myself too!

I also love one-pot meals-- they're so convenient, and this recipe sounds like an exciting new addition to my usual menu. I tend to go for simple recipes because of my busy schedule, so this thread has been so helpful! Are there any other easy recipes that anyone else would like to share?

The roasted veg soup sounds delicious and seems like something I'd enjoy preparing for myself too!

I also love one-pot meals-- they're so convenient, and this recipe sounds like an exciting new addition to my usual menu. I tend to go for simple recipes because of my busy schedule, so this thread has been so helpful! Are there any other easy recipes that anyone else would like to share?
This thread has been really useful for collecting simple yet tasty meal ideas! It's great to see some familiar, relatable dishes that can be put together with minimal stress.

One of my favourite no-fuss suppers is a cheesy tuna melt: it's basically just canned tuna mixed with mayo and a squirt of lemon, slapped onto toast and topped with loads of grated cheese. Pop it under the grill until the cheese goes all melty and bubbly... Mmm! Quick, yummy, and barely any washing up.

This thread has been really useful for collecting simple yet tasty meal ideas! It's great to see some familiar, relatable dishes that can be put together with minimal stress.

One of my favourite no-fuss suppers is a cheesy tuna melt: it's basically just canned tuna mixed with mayo and a squirt of lemon, slapped onto toast and topped with loads of grated cheese. Pop it under the grill until the cheese goes all melty and bubbly... Mmm! Quick, yummy, and barely any washing up.
That sounds delicious, especially with the lemony twist to the typical tuna melt! Sometimes the simplest recipes are the best and most comforting :)

That sounds delicious, especially with the lemony twist to the typical tuna melt! Sometimes the simplest recipes are the best and most comforting :)
Yeah, I think this recipe would be a good, easy-to-prepare meal that most kids would enjoy too!

Yeah, I think this recipe would be a good, easy-to-prepare meal that most kids would enjoy too!
Simple recipes are often the most comforting Does anyone else have some kid-friendly, easy-to- prepare meals to recommend?

• Haha
Reactions: joyful
Simple recipes are often the most comforting Does anyone else have some kid-friendly, easy-to- prepare meals to recommend?
Kid-friendly food has to be one of the most sought-after recipes by busy parents! I'd whipped up a simple pasta carbonara lately that was both quick and delicious - it used bacon fried till crispy, with onion and garlic thrown in at the end. Tossed some cooked pasta into the flavorful mix, added a teeny bit of cream and plenty of cheese, and voila! Cheesy, bacony goodness in no time :D

Kid-friendly food has to be one of the most sought-after recipes by busy parents! I'd whipped up a simple pasta carbonara lately that was both quick and delicious - it used bacon fried till crispy, with onion and garlic thrown in at the end. Tossed some cooked pasta into the flavorful mix, added a teeny bit of cream and plenty of cheese, and voila! Cheesy, bacony goodness in no time :D
That sounds like an yummy, indulgent meal! I appreciate how easy it is to prepare, too. Win-win when the kids enjoy it as well!

Reactions: sportytina
That sounds like an yummy, indulgent meal! I appreciate how easy it is to prepare, too. Win-win when the kids enjoy it as well!
There's nothing like a quick, crowd-pleasing recipe to make life easier!

There's no harm in relying on easy recipes that everyone loves when you're having a crazy week.
sometimes it can feel like survival mode when managing work and family commitments. Quick, hassle-free meals can be a real lifesaver!

sometimes it can feel like survival mode when managing work and family commitments. Quick, hassle-free meals can be a real lifesaver!
It's all about keeping things simple, especially for fussy little eaters! Some kids just don't seem to fancy elaborate flavors, sadly missing out on some epicures.

• Haha
Reactions: bookworm
It's all about keeping things simple, especially for fussy little eaters! Some kids just don't seem to fancy elaborate flavors, sadly missing out on some epicures.
Simple dishes can be a blessing when introducing toddlers to new foods! I find that short, snappy preparation involving the children themselves help to peak their interest and, hopefully, get them to try out new dishes.

Simple dishes can be a blessing when introducing toddlers to new foods! I find that short, snappy preparation involving the children themselves help to peak their interest and, hopefully, get them to try out new dishes.
You're absolutely right! Getting the little ones involved in preparing the meal keeps their interest piqued, though it does mean keeping a closer eye on them in the kitchen. It's heartening when they develop an interest in food and cooking from a young age, and hopefully, they will have fond memories of cooking with mom or dad as they grow up!

You're absolutely right! Getting the little ones involved in preparing the meal keeps their interest piqued, though it does mean keeping a closer eye on them in the kitchen. It's heartening when they develop an interest in food and cooking from a young age, and hopefully, they will have fond memories of cooking with mom or dad as they grow up!
Having helping hands around can make meal preparation more enjoyable - except when we need to do a quick tidy up for safety's sake! It's endearing when the little ones develop a passion for food and cooking, and it helps that there are so many kid-friendly recipes to explore nowadays. Does anyone have any other simple recipes up their sleeve?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu