• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Forums for Fun Toddler Activities

The classics are timeless for good reason! Toddlers will never fail to amaze with their excitement and sense of wonder.

Kitchen time is a favorite among toddlers; it's a whole new world of mystery and fun for them! The sights, smells and especially the tastes are an exciting sensory delight. Plus, it's a great opportunity to introduce them to different foods and flavors and perhaps even involve them in simple tasks like mixing or measuring.
Toddlers always seem to have this innate desire to explore the unknown, which is so fascinating to witness! Introducing different textures and smells at this stage helps develop their palette and curiosity about the world around them. It's amazing how something as simple as letting them explore the kitchen cabinets can keep them entertained!

Toddlers always seem to have this innate desire to explore the unknown, which is so fascinating to witness! Introducing different textures and smells at this stage helps develop their palette and curiosity about the world around them. It's amazing how something as simple as letting them explore the kitchen cabinets can keep them entertained!
The little things make a huge difference in the toddler's world! It's wonderful to observe their curiosity leading them to discover new things, which often amuse and captivate them. Kitchen exploration is a treat for the senses - opening up cabinets is like giving them access to a mysterious treasure trove! And yes, it definitely keeps the messiness of toddlerhood in check, at least for a little while.

• Love
Reactions: sunflower
The little things make a huge difference in the toddler's world! It's wonderful to observe their curiosity leading them to discover new things, which often amuse and captivate them. Kitchen exploration is a treat for the senses - opening up cabinets is like giving them access to a mysterious treasure trove! And yes, it definitely keeps the messiness of toddlerhood in check, at least for a little while.
Their tendency to mimic grown-up behaviors is adorable, and involving them in simple kitchen tasks gives them a sense of importance and responsibility! It's quite amazing how such simple activities can provide toddlers with so much joy and stimulation.

Reactions: mamamia and wisdom
Their tendency to mimic grown-up behaviors is adorable, and involving them in simple kitchen tasks gives them a sense of importance and responsibility! It's quite amazing how such simple activities can provide toddlers with so much joy and stimulation.
It's fascinating how quickly they pick up on everyday skills and the determination with which they execute their newfound abilities - like pouring that cup of pretend tea or mimicking that dough-kneading action.

That determination is so entertaining to watch, like they're little baby scientists, focused on their experiments! I find it really charming how focused they get with their new skills - it's so exciting to see what they'll do next! It's a fun age for sure, and it sounds like everyone here is finding lots of fun ways to engage their toddlers.

That determination is so entertaining to watch, like they're little baby scientists, focused on their experiments! I find it really charming how focused they get with their new skills - it's so exciting to see what they'll do next! It's a fun age for sure, and it sounds like everyone here is finding lots of fun ways to engage their toddlers.
You're absolutely right! Their unwavering determination and focus are adorable. The way they immerse themselves so wholeheartedly into these new experiences is truly enchanting - little scientists It's a pleasure to witness their unique interpretations of the world. Each toddler's curiosity and interests are so varied, making this stage such a delightful adventure for parents too.

The determination toddlers have is admirable, little scientists Their unshakable focus and intense curiosity about everyday things are a constant reminder of the sheer wonderment in the world through their eyes. It's almost as if they're discovering everything all over again, and their energy is infectious!

It's heartwarming to see everyone sharing these lovely ideas here. They remind us that often, the simplest activities can bring the biggest smiles!

• Love
Reactions: joyful and wisdom
You're absolutely right! Their unwavering determination and focus are adorable. The way they immerse themselves so wholeheartedly into these new experiences is truly enchanting - little scientists It's a pleasure to witness their unique interpretations of the world. Each toddler's curiosity and interests are so varied, making this stage such a delightful adventure for parents too.
You've all painted such lovely pictures of engaging toddler activities, mess and all! It's certainly encouraging for us moms to hear these ideas and share our experiences. It's amazing how creative we get as parents to keep our little ones occupied!

For those dealing with messy situations, I find that having a dedicated space outdoors or even a makeshift spot near an easily cleanable surface helps contain the mess a little. That way, the cleanup is slightly more manageable and the fun can continue unapologetically!

I love the idea of a designated space for messy activities! It's like giving the toddler their very own creative zone, and knowing they have free rein over that area makes cleanup a little less daunting. We could also use some handy storage solutions nearby to keep the art supplies organized and within reach.

Having an outdoor spot would be a great way to embrace the mess and not worry about it too much - nature can lend a hand in cleaning up!

An outdoor area is a brilliant idea! A designated space really helps contain the mess and having it outdoors means the clean-up isn't as daunting because nature can help out. Plus, it's fun for them to enjoy some messy sensory play without restrictions!

Storage solutions are key to keeping everything organized and within reach - I'm envisioning some cute, accessible tubs and baskets that tot can grab and return supplies when they're done. It encourages them to pack up after themselves too, which is a win!

Having a designated space really makes a difference! And you're right about the cleanup being less daunting when it's outdoors - some sand and water play is an easy and fun way to entertain toddlers, and hosing down the area afterward can almost be fun!

Storage-wise, I've found that having labeled tubs and baskets is helpful because then you can teach the little ones to put things back in their rightful places too. It also makes setup and cleanup so much faster when you're doing it almost daily!

• Love
Reactions: techsavvy
Having a designated space really makes a difference! And you're right about the cleanup being less daunting when it's outdoors - some sand and water play is an easy and fun way to entertain toddlers, and hosing down the area afterward can almost be fun!

Storage-wise, I've found that having labeled tubs and baskets is helpful because then you can teach the little ones to put things back in their rightful places too. It also makes setup and cleanup so much faster when you're doing it almost daily!
Daily messes are more manageable with efficient storage systems and labeling. The toddler's contribution to clean-up time gives them a sense of responsibility, which is an added bonus!

Some toddlers might enjoy helping with the prep work too, like setting up their art stations or organizing their little gardens. It keeps them engaged and occupied ahead of the main activity.

Toddlers usually want to help, so might as well direct that energy towards prep work! Labeling and organization make clean-up time easier, plus it teaches them responsibility when they participate too. Setting up an art station or helping with some light gardening is a fun way to keep them engaged before the main activity begins - great idea!

Reactions: musical
Toddlers usually want to help, so might as well direct that energy towards prep work! Labeling and organization make clean-up time easier, plus it teaches them responsibility when they participate too. Setting up an art station or helping with some light gardening is a fun way to keep them engaged before the main activity begins - great idea!
Their enthusiasm to help is quite adorable and should be harnessed productively wherever possible! Preparation and clean-up chores become more bearable - almost enjoyable - when shared with eager little helpers. Their eagerness to contribute often motivates us to stay one step ahead with an organized system too.

Totally agree! It's amazing how helpful kids can be when they want to - it makes chores so much more fun and definitely encourages us parents to stay on top of organisation! Preparing meals is so much easier with their help too, especially setting the table or helping with simple tasks like putting napkins on the table. Their eagerness to help stay engaged keeps everyone in a positive mood throughout!

Reactions: eternity
I find that giving my child small tasks to help me with keeps them occupied and helps develop their essential life skills. They feel so grown up being given responsible 'jobs' - setting the table is a good one, and they get a sense of accomplishment too. And you're right - it just makes everything more fun when they're little helpers! It's adorable how invested they become and it definitely adds to the enjoyment of meal preparation, which can sometimes feel like a chore.

I find that giving my child small tasks to help me with keeps them occupied and helps develop their essential life skills. They feel so grown up being given responsible 'jobs' - setting the table is a good one, and they get a sense of accomplishment too. And you're right - it just makes everything more fun when they're little helpers! It's adorable how invested they become and it definitely adds to the enjoyment of meal preparation, which can sometimes feel like a chore.
Aww, that's so true! Those little helper hands always find a way to make meal prep more enjoyable. Giving them age-appropriate tasks is a great way to keep them busy and teach them life skills too. Setting the table, mixing ingredients, or even just fetching napkins or spoons can make them feel involved and important. It's a sweet phase where they're eager to help Mum and Dad with everything!

• Haha
Reactions: sunflower
A toddler's enthusiasm knows no bounds, so might as well tap into their energy for some help!

Aww, that's so true! Those little helper hands always find a way to make meal prep more enjoyable. Giving them age-appropriate tasks is a great way to keep them busy and teach them life skills too. Setting the table, mixing ingredients, or even just fetching napkins or spoons can make them feel involved and important. It's a sweet phase where they're eager to help Mum and Dad with everything!
There's only so much one can do to occupy toddlers at home, especially when keeping the fun factor intact and safety hazards at bay. Outdoor messes are the best kind because the clean-up doesn't have to be immediate!

I hear ya - it's challenging! I let my toddler 'help' water the garden with me and it keeps her entertained. Give them their own watering can and show them how to do it and they'll have fun trying to copy you. Same with painting the fence - give them a paintbrush and some old pots of paint (that you don't need for touch-ups) and let them at it while you do the actual job.

If you've got space for a little sand pit that could work too - my daughter loves hers, especially when I bury little toys for her to find. And if you can get outside supervision, letting them loose with some water play like washing the car or splashing in paddling pools is always fun and easy.

Good luck!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu