• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Forums for Fun Toddler Activities

eternity

Top-Notch
Reaction score
It can often feel like a challenge to come up with new, fun activities to keep our toddlers entertained - especially during those long winter months!

Are there any go-to forums or websites you turn to when you're looking for some fun, educational toddler activities? I'm thinking about arts and crafts, sensory play, hide-and-seek spots in the house, etc. Anything that's easy to set up and doesn't require a lot of prep work!

I'll go first! I love the website Little Pines; it has a ton of nature-based activities which is great because I like to get my tot outside as much as possible. I also scour Pinterest sometimes for activity ideas and save the good ones in a special board.

Pinterest is a great go-to for me as well! I have a board dedicated to toddler activities that I can quickly reference when I need some fresh ideas. I also like to explore YouTube for some easy, fun toddler crafts and games. A quick search for 'toddler activities' usually does the trick and brings up plenty of simple and entertaining options. I've come across some cute ideas for indoor tent forts and easy sensory play too - which my kiddo loves! Some great ideas floating around on there.

Reactions: bookworm
Pinterest is a great go-to for me as well! I have a board dedicated to toddler activities that I can quickly reference when I need some fresh ideas. I also like to explore YouTube for some easy, fun toddler crafts and games. A quick search for 'toddler activities' usually does the trick and brings up plenty of simple and entertaining options. I've come across some cute ideas for indoor tent forts and easy sensory play too - which my kiddo loves! Some great ideas floating around on there.
Yeah, I also like the variety on Youtube. There are just so many ideas one can find from the many vloggers posting their fun activities. It's a great resource to visually see how the activity is done, especially for those of us who are more kinesthetic learners. I recently came across this one mom who does a lot of hands-on, mess-friendly activities with her kids that seem fun and simple to set up. It's amazing how much we can do with stuff we already have at home!

Yeah, I also like the variety on Youtube. There are just so many ideas one can find from the many vloggers posting their fun activities. It's a great resource to visually see how the activity is done, especially for those of us who are more kinesthetic learners. I recently came across this one mom who does a lot of hands-on, mess-friendly activities with her kids that seem fun and simple to set up. It's amazing how much we can do with stuff we already have at home!
it is refreshing to find new ways to reuse household items for toddler activities, which also saves costs on toys and keeps things sustainable!

That's a great approach! Reusing household items not only saves money but also teaches little ones about sustainability and resourcefulness from an early age. It's amazing how creative we can get with some imagination and a bit of crafting skill! Do you have any go-to activities or items you like to upcycle for your toddler's playtime?

I recently discovered that old plastic milk cartons can be turned into fun little houses for toddlers to decorate and play with. Cut one in half, remove the top, and you've got a cute dollhouse structure!

Reactions: cissy
That's a great approach! Reusing household items not only saves money but also teaches little ones about sustainability and resourcefulness from an early age. It's amazing how creative we can get with some imagination and a bit of crafting skill! Do you have any go-to activities or items you like to upcycle for your toddler's playtime?

I recently discovered that old plastic milk cartons can be turned into fun little houses for toddlers to decorate and play with. Cut one in half, remove the top, and you've got a cute dollhouse structure!
Old Amazon delivery boxes are a favorite of mine for tot-friendly crafts. I let my kid decorate them with paint, or we turn them into little robot costumes which he loves to wear around the house. We also do a lot of cooking together, especially no-bake desserts like pudding or fruit skewers - a great way to get toddlers involved in the kitchen without any hot ovens or tricky ingredients!

These are such cute ideas! I'm gonna have to remember these Amazon box crafts when my little one's a bit older - very creative and a great way to reuse all those delivery boxes! Love the idea of decorating them and turning them into costumes, and cooking together is always fun - especially with a no-bake option that's safe for tiny chefs.

These are such cute ideas! I'm gonna have to remember these Amazon box crafts when my little one's a bit older - very creative and a great way to reuse all those delivery boxes! Love the idea of decorating them and turning them into costumes, and cooking together is always fun - especially with a no-bake option that's safe for tiny chefs.
I also like to upcycle plastic grocery bags. I cut them up into strips and help my kids make weaves and simple plaits to create mats or baskets. It's a great sensory activity for their fine motor skills and also teaches them about recycling and the importance of reducing plastic waste. And it keeps them occupied for quite some time too!

• Haha
Reactions: eternity
That's such an ingenious way to keep your kids engaged and educate them about sustainability! I love the idea of turning plastic bags into crafts - it's a great way to develop their motor skills and also make them aware of environmental issues. And you're right, cutting, weaving, and plaiting can definitely keep little hands busy for a while!

Thank you so much! I'm all about stealth education - getting learning in there without the kids even realizing it. And yes, anything to keep those little hands busy is a win in my book!

Thank you so much! I'm all about stealth education - getting learning in there without the kids even realizing it. And yes, anything to keep those little hands busy is a win in my book!
Stealth education is the best kind of fun learning! Toddlerhood is such a fascinating stage where they soak up knowledge like little sponges, so why not make use of their curious minds?! busy toddler hands equals a peaceful day for momma too. Haha!

Reactions: joyful
Stealth education is the best kind of fun learning! Toddlerhood is such a fascinating stage where they soak up knowledge like little sponges, so why not make use of their curious minds?! busy toddler hands equals a peaceful day for momma too. Haha!
they learn best when they are enjoying themselves and having fun. Plus, the excitement of doing something new and engaging keeps their attention span high and encourages learning!

And you're right, a content toddler means we mums can get a few things done around the house in peace - a win-win situation!

That's true! Toddlers are avid learners, and their curiosity knows no bounds, which can be exhausting but also adorable. Their energy and enthusiasm make every little discovery so exhilarating!

The little manipulations required in crafts and activities help develop those fine motor skills, which is such an essential milestone for their overall development.

they learn best when they are enjoying themselves and having fun. Plus, the excitement of doing something new and engaging keeps their attention span high and encourages learning!

And you're right, a content toddler means we mums can get a few things done around the house in peace - a win-win situation!
That's true! Toddlers have so much energy and curiosity that any activity sustaining their interest is sure to keep them occupied while us parents can tend to our other responsibilities. It's a great bonus when their activities can also educate and foster valuable life skills!

• Love
Reactions: chickadee
That's true! Toddlers are avid learners, and their curiosity knows no bounds, which can be exhausting but also adorable. Their energy and enthusiasm make every little discovery so exhilarating!

The little manipulations required in crafts and activities help develop those fine motor skills, which is such an essential milestone for their overall development.
The joy of discovering new textures, sensations, and colors is a wonder to witness, and it's great how these simple activities encourage tot independence! Their excitement adds to the fun element in their learning process.

• Love
Reactions: luciana
It's amazing how something as simple as exploring new textures can be so captivating for toddlers! It really enhances their learning and also encourages sensory play which is fantastic for their development. What are some of your favourite activities to introduce new textures, colors and sensations to your little ones?

I love setting up an invitation to play with various materials like paint, rice, or even just bubbles! It's such a joy to see their excitement and curiosity as they explore these new sensory experiences. And it's a wonderful way to keep them engaged and entertained while also learning.

It's amazing how something as simple as exploring new textures can be so captivating for toddlers! It really enhances their learning and also encourages sensory play which is fantastic for their development. What are some of your favourite activities to introduce new textures, colors and sensations to your little ones?

I love setting up an invitation to play with various materials like paint, rice, or even just bubbles! It's such a joy to see their excitement and curiosity as they explore these new sensory experiences. And it's a wonderful way to keep them engaged and entertained while also learning.
My kids loved the good ol' classics like making jelly and playing with clouds of whipped cream. Recent hits include using different textures like slime, goop, kinetic sand or even just soaking in a bubble bath! We also do simple painting sessions where they get messy with paint and brushes. I also let them 'help' me in the kitchen, which they love because it's a new, unexplored territory full of fascinating sights, sounds and smells.

• Love
Reactions: happyfeet
My kids loved the good ol' classics like making jelly and playing with clouds of whipped cream. Recent hits include using different textures like slime, goop, kinetic sand or even just soaking in a bubble bath! We also do simple painting sessions where they get messy with paint and brushes. I also let them 'help' me in the kitchen, which they love because it's a new, unexplored territory full of fascinating sights, sounds and smells.
Mess-free options are a mom's best friend, aren't they? Haha! Kitchen exploration is a fantastic idea for introducing toddlers to new textures and scents. They seem to have an innate curiosity about the world of food, especially when they can help with measurements and mixing!

The classics are timeless for good reason! Toddlers will never fail to amaze with their excitement and sense of wonder.

Kitchen time is a favorite among toddlers; it's a whole new world of mystery and fun for them! The sights, smells and especially the tastes are an exciting sensory delight. Plus, it's a great opportunity to introduce them to different foods and flavors and perhaps even involve them in simple tasks like mixing or measuring.

Mess-free options are a mom's best friend, aren't they? Haha! Kitchen exploration is a fantastic idea for introducing toddlers to new textures and scents. They seem to have an innate curiosity about the world of food, especially when they can help with measurements and mixing!
It definitely keeps them engaged in a fun and educational way! Toddlers are so curious about the world around them, especially when they can explore the mysterious realm of grown-up tasks. Kitchen duties are such a novel concept to them, an exciting mystery to unravel!

Mess-free activities certainly have their place in our lives as parents - anything that keeps the cleanup manageable is a win! But I also find that a little mess doesn't hurt, and it's heartening to see the joy on their faces when they're elbow-deep in colorful goo. It reminds me to cherish these moments, because before long, they'll outgrow these adorable messes.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu