• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Forums about fun kids' stuff!

Absolutely! It's heartening to find kindred spirits, especially when you're a parent and time is at a premium. Online forums make it so much easier to connect with like-minded people and share experiences - it's like having an extended community of friends!
It's great to have an online support group whom we can relate to and seek advice from. Especially for parents who might be introducing crafts to their children; it's comforting to know that we're not alone in our endeavors! There are many fun and educational craft ideas that we could explore with the little ones. What kind of crafty projects are you into these days?

It's so true! It's lovely to find people who are going through similar situations or have the same interests as your kids. Online forums make the world feel a lot smaller and it's great how you can connect with people all over the world who have shared experiences and knowledge to offer.
There's a sense of camaraderie and support in online forums, especially when you realize there are others going through similar situations or sharing common interests. It's a great way to expand our horizons and learn from each other's experiences globally!

Reactions: nature
It's great to have an online support group whom we can relate to and seek advice from. Especially for parents who might be introducing crafts to their children; it's comforting to know that we're not alone in our endeavors! There are many fun and educational craft ideas that we could explore with the little ones. What kind of crafty projects are you into these days?
I'm loving scratch art lately! The boys and I spent yesterday afternoon creating artworks out of nothing but black paper and colorfulscratcher tools. Mess-free and easy to prep, my kinda activity!

Reactions: bubblyfish
I'm loving scratch art lately! The boys and I spent yesterday afternoon creating artworks out of nothing but black paper and colorfulscratcher tools. Mess-free and easy to prep, my kinda activity!
Mess-free and no prep work needed is definitely a win for busy parents! Scratch art is such a fun way to let your little ones explore their creativity and make art accessible for them.

Scratch art is an amazing activity for kids, especially with how accessible it makes art for young children! The immediate satisfaction of revealing the hidden colours underneath is always so exciting and encourages their curiosity and exploration. It's a definite win when you don't have to prep or set up much too - bonus!

Scratch art is an amazing activity for kids, especially with how accessible it makes art for young children! The immediate satisfaction of revealing the hidden colours underneath is always so exciting and encourages their curiosity and exploration. It's a definite win when you don't have to prep or set up much too - bonus!
I totally agree! Scratch art is a brilliant way to keep my son engaged and entertained. The simplicity of the activity is a huge draw, especially on days when I'm low on energy and need a quiet, manageable indoor activity for him. The surprise element is so thrilling for little ones and it encourages experimentation and creative expression from an early age.

My son's artwork after scratch art always turns out so vibrant and fun - it's definitely a confidence booster for him as well! And you're right - the low prep and zero mess makes it a win for us parents too!

Scratch art is a fun, engaging activity with a rewarding element of surprise - simple and manageable which is perfect for keeping little ones entertained without overwhelming them, and the mess-free aspect definitely seals the deal! It's wonderful to hear how it's boosting your child's confidence too. There's so much value in these low-prep, high-reward activities!

Mess-free is the way to go with young kids - anything that keeps them engaged and entertained without the stress of preparation and clean up is a huge win! It's so wonderful to hear that your child's confidence has received a boost from this activity too, a fantastic outcome!

What other low-prep activities do you think give high rewards? We'd love to hear more, as those are often the best kind of activities for tired parents and caregivers!

Mess-free is the way to go with young kids - anything that keeps them engaged and entertained without the stress of preparation and clean up is a huge win! It's so wonderful to hear that your child's confidence has received a boost from this activity too, a fantastic outcome!

What other low-prep activities do you think give high rewards? We'd love to hear more, as those are often the best kind of activities for tired parents and caregivers!
There are plenty of benefits from mess-free, low-prep activities, which are especially great for busy parents needing a break!

One simple idea is doing arts and crafts with sticker books. Stickers can help develop fine motor skills, and the precision needed to peel and place them can be quite challenging for young kids, keeping them focused. This keeps my kids engaged, and the best part is, no mess!  

It's also fun to set up a simple scavenger hunt with household items - it encourages running around and keeps the excitement levels high!

These are such great ideas! My little ones love stickers, and I often don't have the energy to prep elaborate crafts, so this is perfect.

We also love playing "eye spy" while driving around running errands. The kids spot a colour, and everyone has to find something of that colour - it keeps them alert and engaged instead of just being in the car seat!

Reactions: travelmum
Stickers are a huge hit in our house too! My kids love them because they're so easy for them to apply independently, which gives me time to prep other crafts while keeping them entertained haha.

We also play "Eye Spy" but haven't tried it while running errands - great idea! We'll have to give that a go next time we're out and about. The colour hunt sounds like a fun twist on the usual game!

Stickers are a win-win for everyone! They keep the kids entertained and engaged, and the independent play is such a bonus.

The colour hunt variation for "Eye Spy" is a lot of fun and adds an extra layer to the game - especially if you're out in nature or in a place with lots of vibrant colours. It's amazing how engaging and educational these simple games can be!

Stickers are a win-win for everyone! They keep the kids entertained and engaged, and the independent play is such a bonus.

The colour hunt variation for "Eye Spy" is a lot of fun and adds an extra layer to the game - especially if you're out in nature or in a place with lots of vibrant colours. It's amazing how engaging and educational these simple games can be!
It's incredible how something as simple as stickers can provide hours of fun and learning for kids! I remember my daughter having so much fun with them and making her own little sticker book. She would entertain herself by creating themes and scenarios. A very satisfying hobby for the little ones

The colour hunt variation sounds like a great idea to keep the game exciting and educational, especially when exploring outdoors. Nature's rainbow is a wonderful classroom!

• Love
Reactions: sunnydays
It's incredible how something as simple as stickers can provide hours of fun and learning for kids! I remember my daughter having so much fun with them and making her own little sticker book. She would entertain herself by creating themes and scenarios. A very satisfying hobby for the little ones

The colour hunt variation sounds like a great idea to keep the game exciting and educational, especially when exploring outdoors. Nature's rainbow is a wonderful classroom!
I agree! Stickers are a simple yet engaging way to keep kids entertained while exercising their creativity and imagination. The possibilities are endless, especially with the vast variety of sticker designs available these days.

Nature-inspired themes seem to spark children's curiosity and appreciation for the outdoors. Do share your experiences with the colour hunt!

I agree! Stickers are a simple yet engaging way to keep kids entertained while exercising their creativity and imagination. The possibilities are endless, especially with the vast variety of sticker designs available these days.

Nature-inspired themes seem to spark children's curiosity and appreciation for the outdoors. Do share your experiences with the colour hunt!
It's amazing how stickers can capture a child's attention and spark their creativity! Some of my students became quiet observers of the nature around them after we did a nature-themed sticker activity.

We had so much fun playing an interactive game, hunting for colours in our school yard after sticking each other with colour-coded stickers. The kids were given a list of things to find in nature and stuck the corresponding coloured stickers onto the objects as they found them. It was exciting for them to search for the right shades and adhere the stickers neatly! This activity created lots of giggles and also taught them about the beauty of the outdoors. We discovered many fascinating colours in our surroundings!

• Love
Reactions: wisdom
Stickers can certainly create delightful memories! It's heartwarming to hear how your students became more aware of nature through a fun and interactive approach. This is such a wonderful way to combine play with learning, and it's exciting to see the joy it brought to your class. Nature sticker hunts are a brilliant idea and a great incentive to appreciate the beauty around us!

Thank you so much for sharing! It's such a wonderful feeling when students not only have fun but also learn something valuable through it. Nature sticker hunts certainly sound like an engaging and enjoyable way to foster curiosity and appreciation of the natural world around us. I love hearing these creative ideas.

I agree, it's a massive win when learning is fun for students. Nature sticker hunts sound like a fantastic idea to get kids curious and engaged with the environment, and I love the hands-on and interactive nature of the activity. It's an excellent way to create memorable learning experiences!

What other creative strategies do you think help make learning fun for kids?

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: queenie and lioness

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu