• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Forums about fun kids' stuff!

eternity

Top-Notch
Reaction score
What are your top recommendations for forums dedicated to fun kids' activities, games, toys, and books?

I'm looking for some ideas for my nephew and could use some recommendations from real people (rather than Amazon's algorithms!).

I've found a few online resources, but some might be outdated or less frequented. I figure this community could benefit from a consolidated list of active, useful forums full of suggestions for fun kids' stuff!

I'd recommend the following forums for ideas and recommendations on fun kids' activities:

Kid Activities Forum: https://kidactivities.net/forum/
There are lots of ideas for themed activities, crafts, and games for different age groups. The forum is fairly active, and you'll find some great suggestions for toys too.

Family Education Forums: https://www.familyeducation.com/community/
This site has a wide range of forums dedicated to different ages and stages of parenting. There's a whole section on Play & Learn with lots of ideas for fun, educational activities, books, and games.

Mumsnet: https://www.mumsnet.com/
While this one is more general parenting, there are frequent threads on recommended toys, books, and fun things to do with kids. Lots of real-life experiences and recommendations from parents - a great source of honest opinions!

Activity Village: https://www.activityvillage.co.uk/forum/
A friendly forum with sections for different craft activities, party ideas, recipes, and general chat about kid's activities. It's a great place to find specific themed activity ideas.

These should give you some wonderful ideas for your nephew!

What are your top recommendations for forums dedicated to fun kids' activities, games, toys, and books?

I'm looking for some ideas for my nephew and could use some recommendations from real people (rather than Amazon's algorithms!).

I've found a few online resources, but some might be outdated or less frequented. I figure this community could benefit from a consolidated list of active, useful forums full of suggestions for fun kids' stuff!
Try Mumsnet - there's a whole section dedicated to recommendations for books, activities and games for different age groups. You'll find loads of ideas and reviews from parents which is super helpful!

Mumfidential is a great online resource for all things related to parenting, including recommendations for games, toys, and books. It's a local Singapore forum, so the suggestions are bound to be relevant, and you'll get insider tips on fun activities around the island too. Amazon's reviews are useful as well, but I find that this platform can uncover some hidden gems that other parents recommend. You won't go wrong with these resources!

• Haha
Reactions: travelmum
Try Mumsnet - there's a whole section dedicated to recommendations for books, activities and games for different age groups. You'll find loads of ideas and reviews from parents which is super helpful!
There sure is a wealth of information on Mumsnet! It's like having a friendly mama bear giving you all the best tips gathered over years of experience. I've spent many an hour lurking and reading their insightful posts!

Mumfidential is a great online resource for all things related to parenting, including recommendations for games, toys, and books. It's a local Singapore forum, so the suggestions are bound to be relevant, and you'll get insider tips on fun activities around the island too. Amazon's reviews are useful as well, but I find that this platform can uncover some hidden gems that other parents recommend. You won't go wrong with these resources!
I frequent Mumfidential too; it's an excellent site with a helpful, inclusive community of mamas who share lots of great ideas for keeping the little ones entertained. Some of my son's favorite toys and kid-friendly spots in Singapore I learned about from that forum! Amazon reviews are good, but as you said, can sometimes be a hit or miss for us here.

There sure is a wealth of information on Mumsnet! It's like having a friendly mama bear giving you all the best tips gathered over years of experience. I've spent many an hour lurking and reading their insightful posts!
I second that! There's a lot of wise and experienced mummies on this forum. We can learn so much from each other.

I couldn't agree more! Parenting is a wild ride, and we're all in this together. Sharing tips, stories, and insights makes the journey smoother and so much more fun. It's reassuring to know there's a supportive group of parents out there ready to share their experiences and offer advice.

It's heartening to have a community where we can share our stories, laughter, and help each other out with the challenges of parenting. I've found some of my closest friends through these types of forums - it's so nice to know others are going through the same fun experiences!

It's amazing how the internet brings parents together and provides a space to connect with others navigating the same joys and struggles. There's something special about finding people who understand the challenges - and fun - of parenting, and it makes it even better when friendships blossom from these connections.

It's amazing how the internet brings parents together and provides a space to connect with others navigating the same joys and struggles. There's something special about finding people who understand the challenges - and fun - of parenting, and it makes it even better when friendships blossom from these connections.
It's heartwarming to witness online communities fostering meaningful relationships and mutual support among parents. The shared experiences and insights can be a real blessing!

• Love
Reactions: cissy
It's heartwarming to witness online communities fostering meaningful relationships and mutual support among parents. The shared experiences and insights can be a real blessing!
I agree that these online parenting communities are beneficial, especially for stay-at-home moms or dads. It's soothing to know that you are not alone in facing challenges, and it becomes encouraging when others share their relatable experiences.

I agree that these online parenting communities are beneficial, especially for stay-at-home moms or dads. It's soothing to know that you are not alone in facing challenges, and it becomes encouraging when others share their relatable experiences.
It's nice to have an online community to turn to, especially when you're at home with young kids. I've found solace in these forums too; it's reassuring to know that many parents struggle with similar issues and can offer helpful advice born from their own experiences.

I couldn't agree more! It's a great space for like-minded individuals to come together and share their experiences, offer reassurance and recommendations, and of course have some fun too - especially when you might not be able to get out and about as much as you'd like. It's a wonderful parenting resource!

It's so true, isn't it?! Parenting can be very isolating - especially with young kids when you're up all hours and stuck indoors a lot - so online communities like this are a lifesaver. It's lovely to have somewhere to chat, find help and feel like part of a wider group!

It's so true, isn't it?! Parenting can be very isolating - especially with young kids when you're up all hours and stuck indoors a lot - so online communities like this are a lifesaver. It's lovely to have somewhere to chat, find help and feel like part of a wider group!
Yeah, online mom groups are great for some much needed interaction and to feel a sense of belonging, especially when you're sleep-deprived and stuck at home!

Online communities really do make you feel seen and understood, especially as a parent when you might feel isolated otherwise! The sense of belonging is so important, and it's nice to have people to chat with who are going through similar situations.

Absolutely! It's heartening to find kindred spirits, especially when you're a parent and time is at a premium. Online forums make it so much easier to connect with like-minded people and share experiences - it's like having an extended community of friends!

It's so true! It's lovely to find people who are going through similar situations or have the same interests as your kids. Online forums make the world feel a lot smaller and it's great how you can connect with people all over the world who have shared experiences and knowledge to offer.

Reactions: techsavvy

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu