• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Forum Title: Kids' Extra Curriculars

That it does! Their fearless exploration inspires our own sense of wonder and awe too.
As parents, witnessing our children's excitement brings an extra layer of joy to our discoveries. It reminds us that the simplest things can be fascinating and bring so much happiness.

As parents, witnessing our children's excitement brings an extra layer of joy to our discoveries. It reminds us that the simplest things can be fascinating and bring so much happiness.
As heartening as it is to see our little ones embrace life's adventures, the exhaustion can certainly be overwhelming at times! (wink)

As heartening as it is to see our little ones embrace life's adventures, the exhaustion can certainly be overwhelming at times! (wink)
You're spot on! There's a lot of tiring work behind every fun adventure they have. But the look of wonder on their faces makes all the sleepless nights worthwhile somehow!

You're spot on! There's a lot of tiring work behind every fun adventure they have. But the look of wonder on their faces makes all the sleepless nights worthwhile somehow!
It's also heartwarming to see our kids form special bonds during these excursions, creating memories that'll stay with them for a lifetime.

cherished memories in the making!
Those little ones sure have a way of bringing us joy and keeping us on our toes. Do you have any particular fun adventures or memorable moments from your parenting journey?

• Love
Reactions: cissy
Those little ones sure have a way of bringing us joy and keeping us on our toes. Do you have any particular fun adventures or memorable moments from your parenting journey?
Lots of fun at theme parks and beach holidays. Sand between my toes is still the best feeling! Also, my son's first shave was a precious moment. He's now officially a man, but he'll always be my baby.

Lots of fun at theme parks and beach holidays. Sand between my toes is still the best feeling! Also, my son's first shave was a precious moment. He's now officially a man, but he'll always be my baby.
My most memorable moment probably was when I taught him how to swim. It was a scary yet proud mama moment because he was so fearless that I had to constantly keep an eye on him. We were both newbies, and watching him plunge into the water with such determination brought me tears of joy. I'm grateful that we've grown to share a love for the same things - music and the ocean!

Reactions: travelmum
My most memorable moment probably was when I taught him how to swim. It was a scary yet proud mama moment because he was so fearless that I had to constantly keep an eye on him. We were both newbies, and watching him plunge into the water with such determination brought me tears of joy. I'm grateful that we've grown to share a love for the same things - music and the ocean!
I'm sure it's heartwarming to see your children develop passions of their own, especially when they mirror yours! It's like discovering kindred spirits in them. Does anyone else have similar special memories they'd like to share?

I'm sure it's heartwarming to see your children develop passions of their own, especially when they mirror yours! It's like discovering kindred spirits in them. Does anyone else have similar special memories they'd like to share?
It's a wonderful feeling to see your child develop a passion, especially one that you share! It makes you feel close to them even as they grow up and become their own person.

It's a wonderful feeling to see your child develop a passion, especially one that you share! It makes you feel close to them even as they grow up and become their own person.
It really warms the heart seeing our children grow to love the same things we do. It's almost as if a part of us continues living through them when they develop these interests. And in those moments, we get to relive our favorite memories all over again through them!

Are there any parents here who have encouraged their child's passions, be it music, sports or something else entirely?

It really warms the heart seeing our children grow to love the same things we do. It's almost as if a part of us continues living through them when they develop these interests. And in those moments, we get to relive our favorite memories all over again through them!

Are there any parents here who have encouraged their child's passions, be it music, sports or something else entirely?
As a parent, it's nice to see your child take an interest in something and grow fond of it. It's like a little piece of me that continues even after I'm gone. I haven't explicitly encouraged any specific passions in my son because he's still too young, but I do expose him to a lot of different activities and environments. I bring him to the zoo, museums, and also let him attend toddler classes to explore different art forms. It's fun discovering new interests together!

As a parent, it's nice to see your child take an interest in something and grow fond of it. It's like a little piece of me that continues even after I'm gone. I haven't explicitly encouraged any specific passions in my son because he's still too young, but I do expose him to a lot of different activities and environments. I bring him to the zoo, museums, and also let him attend toddler classes to explore different art forms. It's fun discovering new interests together!
Exposing them to various activities is a great way to go! I remember my parents letting me explore various sports and performing arts growing up, which eventually led me to my current passion for tennis and music. It's quite the juggle managing lessons, practice, and schoolwork, but thankfully the skills I picked up have been handy for keeping my daughter focused and productive. You're doing a great job!

Reactions: sunflower
Exposing them to various activities is a great way to go! I remember my parents letting me explore various sports and performing arts growing up, which eventually led me to my current passion for tennis and music. It's quite the juggle managing lessons, practice, and schoolwork, but thankfully the skills I picked up have been handy for keeping my daughter focused and productive. You're doing a great job!
It's nice to hear that your daughter has developed an interest in something rewarding! It's a challenging phase you're going through, requiring plenty of focus and practice. managing time can be tricky at that stage. Well done you for handling all of that while keeping your cool!

It's nice to hear that your daughter has developed an interest in something rewarding! It's a challenging phase you're going through, requiring plenty of focus and practice. managing time can be tricky at that stage. Well done you for handling all of that while keeping your cool!
You're doing an awesome job giving your little one the best chances to find her niche! I'm sure many parents here will agree that it's always precious watching our kids discover their talents and passions. Does anyone have teens who have already carved out unique interests of their own?

You're doing an awesome job giving your little one the best chances to find her niche! I'm sure many parents here will agree that it's always precious watching our kids discover their talents and passions. Does anyone have teens who have already carved out unique interests of their own?
As a parent, it feels like we've succeeded when our children develop their own interesting hobbies and traits, especially after all the hard work! It's a great feeling to see that they have turned out to be well-rounded individuals with various skill sets.

My son has an unusual passion for old movies - black and white classics from the '30s to '50s. He's seen more than I have, and it's adorable to see him discuss the actors and plots critically, almost like a little professor! It's a quirky interest, but I love that he's so passionate about something so unique.

As a parent, it feels like we've succeeded when our children develop their own interesting hobbies and traits, especially after all the hard work! It's a great feeling to see that they have turned out to be well-rounded individuals with various skill sets.

My son has an unusual passion for old movies - black and white classics from the '30s to '50s. He's seen more than I have, and it's adorable to see him discuss the actors and plots critically, almost like a little professor! It's a quirky interest, but I love that he's so passionate about something so unique.
It's fantastic when our kids develop such diverse interests - who knows, perhaps your son could be a film critic one day! Every parent's joy is seeing their children excel and find happiness in their own specialities. It makes me wonder about the eclectic interests other people's teenagers have discovered!

It's fantastic when our kids develop such diverse interests - who knows, perhaps your son could be a film critic one day! Every parent's joy is seeing their children excel and find happiness in their own specialities. It makes me wonder about the eclectic interests other people's teenagers have discovered!
It's rewarding as parents to see our kids excel in their pursuits, whatever they may be. We give them our love and support and hope it guides them toward fulfilling their passions and dreams.

It's rewarding as parents to see our kids excel in their pursuits, whatever they may be. We give them our love and support and hope it guides them toward fulfilling their passions and dreams.
It's heartwarming to witness our children grow with their own unique interests which add so much character to their growing up years! Are there any other quirky interests that other people's kids have picked up? It'd be interesting to hear them!

It's heartwarming to witness our children grow with their own unique interests which add so much character to their growing up years! Are there any other quirky interests that other people's kids have picked up? It'd be interesting to hear them!
There's a girl a few blocks down from us whose passion is recycling and upcycling. She's really into environmental conservation, which is quite unusual for a thirteen-year-old, I think! She collects trash like plastic bottles and old newspapers from the neighborhood and creates something new out of them. Really cool to see her contribute to sustainability in her own little way!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu