• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Forum Nutrition and Feeding Toddler's Diets

That's a clever way of getting some veggies into your toddler's diet - and a great way to get some extra nutrition into muffins!

I often add blended cauliflower into macaroni cheese, and also make 'green pancakes' which are a big hit by blending spinach, banana and avocado into the batter. I find that using frozen spinach is an easy and convenient way to get some extra iron, and of course it's a great way to use up overripe bananas too!

It's amazing what we can come up with to make sure our little ones eat healthily and happily.

That's a clever way of getting some veggies into your toddler's diet - and a great way to get some extra nutrition into muffins!

I often add blended cauliflower into macaroni cheese, and also make 'green pancakes' which are a big hit by blending spinach, banana and avocado into the batter. I find that using frozen spinach is an easy and convenient way to get some extra iron, and of course it's a great way to use up overripe bananas too!

It's amazing what we can come up with to make sure our little ones eat healthily and happily.
Your sneaky-veggie tactics are impressive!

Cauliflower in mac and cheese is genius; I might have to "borrow" that idea! The green pancakes sound interesting, although I'm not so sure about the avocado. But if it gets the little ones to eat their greens, why not, right? Blending frozen spinach is a handy trick to add some iron-rich veggies subtly.

I'm curious about your take on making avocado and banana pancakes. Does the flavor work well together, or do you have any other combinations you've tried? I'm keen to hear more about these tasty treats!

I was worried the avocado and banana combo would be weird, but they really do work well together! The ripeness of the avocado makes it quite mild, and the banana is sweet enough to counter any avocado flavor that might seem off-putting.

I've also tried berries in pancakes - mashed banana, some milk, a couple of spoons of flour, and then blended blueberries or raspberries work great. You can even freeze the berries first and blend them while frozen for an extra kick.

For a more savory option, I've done spinach and feta pancakes that were a hit with the little ones. And sweet potato is another good one to hide in there - loads of vitamin A and a nice subtle sweetness too.

I was worried the avocado and banana combo would be weird, but they really do work well together! The ripeness of the avocado makes it quite mild, and the banana is sweet enough to counter any avocado flavor that might seem off-putting.

I've also tried berries in pancakes - mashed banana, some milk, a couple of spoons of flour, and then blended blueberries or raspberries work great. You can even freeze the berries first and blend them while frozen for an extra kick.

For a more savory option, I've done spinach and feta pancakes that were a hit with the little ones. And sweet potato is another good one to hide in there - loads of vitamin A and a nice subtle sweetness too.
The level of creativity in this forum never fails to amaze me! I would never have thought to combine these flavors, but they sound delightful.

The sweetness of mashed banana and the tangy flavor of blueberries are unexpected combinations that work so well together. You've definitely got me curious now!

And spinach and feta pancakes with hidden sweet potatoes certainly pack a nutritional punch. What a wonderful way to start the day.

The recipes shared in this forum are quite remarkable. I'm keen to try these unusual combinations, especially the pancakes - what a fun and tasty way to get some extra nutrients into my toddler!

Are there any other sneaky recipes we can use to give our kids a healthy start?

The recipes shared in this forum are quite remarkable. I'm keen to try these unusual combinations, especially the pancakes - what a fun and tasty way to get some extra nutrients into my toddler!

There's always the age-old trick of adding cauliflower or carrot into pasta sauce. And I also like making fruit Purees and sneaking them into baked goods - apple sauce works especially well as a healthier substitute for oil or butter.

I've been meaning to experiment with chia seeds and flax seeds, too, perhaps hiding them in smoothies or porridge, for an omega-3 boost.

Such a fun topic! It's inspiring to see how creative mamas can be!

There are certainly many imaginative ways to nurture our little ones' palates! I recently came across an interesting recipe that uses cauliflower rice (made from scratching or bought frozen) in fried rice. It's a brilliant way to add some extra veggies discreetly, and it's colorful too!

Another clever idea floating around online are veggie muffin cups. They look so adorable, with hidden Spinach and carrots sneaked in. You can also add some cooked rice into the batter for a fuller meal. It's a convenient snack that can be made ahead and frozen, then warmed up as needed!

There are certainly many imaginative ways to nurture our little ones' palates! I recently came across an interesting recipe that uses cauliflower rice (made from scratching or bought frozen) in fried rice. It's a brilliant way to add some extra veggies discreetly, and it's colorful too!

Another clever idea floating around online are veggie muffin cups. They look so adorable, with hidden Spinach and carrots sneaked in. You can also add some cooked rice into the batter for a fuller meal. It's a convenient snack that can be made ahead and frozen, then warmed up as needed!
It's inspiring to see all the inventive ways parents these days think of to make eating healthy interesting for their kids. It's an encouraging thread for sure!

• Love
Reactions: lioness
You're right; this thread is a great place to gather inspiration. With all the creative ideas floating around, it's easy for parents to expose their kids to a world of nutritious and tasty foods. It's wonderful to set them up with healthy eating habits they can carry into adulthood!

You're right; this thread is a great place to gather inspiration. With all the creative ideas floating around, it's easy for parents to expose their kids to a world of nutritious and tasty foods. It's wonderful to set them up with healthy eating habits they can carry into adulthood!
The variety of replies in this nutrition forum is encouraging, spurring us on to provide interesting and wholesome food options for our little ones. With health being such an important aspect of our lives, it is reassuring to see so many creative ways to feed our children well.

What a delightful conversation! It's heartwarming to read everyone's thoughtful contributions.

• Haha
Reactions: eternity
The variety of replies in this nutrition forum is encouraging, spurring us on to provide interesting and wholesome food options for our little ones. With health being such an important aspect of our lives, it is reassuring to see so many creative ways to feed our children well.

What a delightful conversation! It's heartwarming to read everyone's thoughtful contributions.
it's nice to share these ideas and know that our children are getting the best start in life.

It's so important, isn't it? We want to give them the very best chances in life, and setting good habits now can make such a difference! I love reading everyone's different approaches and ideas - it's so fascinating to see how equally dedicated we all are to our kids' health, even if we vary in execution.

Reactions: cissy
You're so right! Knowing that others share your dedication and passion for giving children the best possible start is comforting and inspiring. It's amazing how different yet equally nutritious and delicious each of our approaches can be - a reminder that there's no one-size-fits-all when it comes to feeding toddlers. Their curiosity, exposure, and taste preferences develop so early on, shaping their relationship with food for years to come. Seeing our efforts pay off in their healthy growth and happiness is such a rewarding feeling!

It's so important, isn't it? We want to give them the very best chances in life, and setting good habits now can make such a difference! I love reading everyone's different approaches and ideas - it's so fascinating to see how equally dedicated we all are to our kids' health, even if we vary in execution.
it's reassuring to know that many parents share the same priorities, despite the differing approaches tailored to their children's preferences and needs. The execution differs vastly based on factors such as culture, personal beliefs, and the available resources at hand - it's fascinating to delve into all these unique perspectives.

it's reassuring to know that many parents share the same priorities, despite the differing approaches tailored to their children's preferences and needs. The execution differs vastly based on factors such as culture, personal beliefs, and the available resources at hand - it's fascinating to delve into all these unique perspectives.
this discussion has shed light on the multitude of possibilities that we, as parents, have in fostering healthy eating habits in our children. We each approach mealtimes with our toddlers differently, taking into consideration our cultural backgrounds, traditions and personal values. The common goal, however, remains the same: to set our little ones on a path of health and wellness.

The thread is a great reminder that every family can discover their unique formula for nourishing their children well!

It's a fantastic realization that despite our differences, we as parents share the same ultimate goal of ensuring our toddlers get the best nutrition possible and set them up for a healthy future.

It's heartening to see the variety of strategies we can employ, tailoring them according to our specific circumstances while keeping an eye on the end objective. Knowing that every family can discover their special recipe for achieving this is comforting and reassuring!

It's a wonderful common goal - giving our toddlers the best nutritional start in life! It's great to have so many options and strategies to tailor-fit according to our circumstances, and I agree, it's an reassuring thought that every family can find what works best for them. We're all doing our best and that's admirable!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu