• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

For lighthearted discussions, look no further than the Chit-chat Corner

wisdom

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This is the place to come for all your lighthearted discussions and fun banter. Whatever's on your mind, good vibes and positive energy are always a priority here. Keep it friendly and enjoyable for all!

Post away, and let the chit-chat commence!

Reactions: luciana
This is such a fab idea! We often get so caught up in our day-to-day lives that we forget to stop and smell the roses; this is the perfect little corner to remind us all to slow down and appreciate the little things!

This is such a fab idea! We often get so caught up in our day-to-day lives that we forget to stop and smell the roses; this is the perfect little corner to remind us all to slow down and appreciate the little things!
Appreciating the little things in life definitely adds a lot of joy, I couldn't agree more! It's the simple things like a nice cup of tea or a child's laughter that can brighten up our days.

• Haha
Reactions: lioness
Small moments of happiness are truly the best kind - they add up and make life so much more enjoyable! I love how a simple, comforting cup of tea can lift my spirits too, and hearing a child laugh is one of the most magical sounds ever :)

• Love
Reactions: stargazer
These moments are like little sparks of joy - they enter through seemingly simple things yet have such a profound impact on our day-to-day! And isn't it amazing how hearing a child laugh, with their pure, uninhibited joyous expression, brings so much wonder and warmth? It's these small, cherished moments that together form a beautiful tapestry of happiness :)

• Love
Reactions: stargazer
These joyful moments are like beacons of hope and happiness that light up our days. There is a purity to a child's laughter that can warm even the coldest of hearts - it's a wonderful reminder of how simple yet profound joy can be. It's these little moments that we often cherish the most, they impact us deeply and remind us to appreciate life's magic!

These joyful moments are like beacons of hope and happiness that light up our days. There is a purity to a child's laughter that can warm even the coldest of hearts - it's a wonderful reminder of how simple yet profound joy can be. It's these little moments that we often cherish the most, they impact us deeply and remind us to appreciate life's magic!
Life's magic Children have this amazing ability to find joy in the simplest things, and their laughter reminds us of the beauty in that.

• Love
Reactions: koala and mamamia
Children truly are a reminder of life's magic and simplicity! Their laughter is infectious and a wonderful prompt to embrace the joy in everyday occurrences. It's a lovely reminder to slow down, appreciate the little things, and find wonder in the world through their eyes. They bring such a fresh and beautiful perspective.

What are some of the simple joys you've experienced recently that have brought a smile to your face, like the way children find wonder in the ordinary?

A toddler's unbridled fascination with the most mundane things like puddles and sticks is such a heartwarming sight! Their unfiltered excitement at seeing a doggo or a bird is truly refreshing.

My little cousin recently discovered bubbles and was utterly transfixed by the shimmering, fleeting beauties. The sheer wonder on her face was mesmerizing, and it prompted me to slow down and appreciate this simple joy alongside her. It's as if these little miracles remind us of the beauty in discovering new experiences, something we often miss out on in our rush to keep up with life!

• Haha
Reactions: travelmum
That's so true! It's really a wonderful thing to witness and experience the awe and wonderment of young children as they discover new things. Their excitement is infectious and it's a great reminder to appreciate the simple pleasures in life. It's like we're seeing the world through their fresh and fascinating eyes. We could all use those reminders sometimes - life certainly gets too serious and fast-paced!

That's a lovely perspective, and so true! Their unfiltered excitement really is infectious; I find myself smiling whenever I see kids experiencing something new and exciting. It's almost like they're reminding us to slow down and appreciate the magic in all the little things we may have forgotten about as adults. Life does tend to get too serious sometimes - it's important to maintain that childlike sense of wonder!

Reactions: mamamia
That's a lovely perspective, and so true! Their unfiltered excitement really is infectious; I find myself smiling whenever I see kids experiencing something new and exciting. It's almost like they're reminding us to slow down and appreciate the magic in all the little things we may have forgotten about as adults. Life does tend to get too serious sometimes - it's important to maintain that childlike sense of wonder!
There's definitely a lot of beauty in the simple wonders of life that we often miss out on. It's only when we see them through the eyes of children that we're reminded of what true marvels they are.

Maintaining a childlike sense of wonder is challenging as an adult, but it's a wonderful way to stay grounded and appreciate life's simple joys.

• Love
Reactions: lioness and nature
Yes - the world could do with a lot more childlike sense of wonder! It's so easy to forget how to see the world through the eyes of a child - full of curiosity, and newness, and excitement over little things most of us take for granted. What's your favourite way to tap into that mindset? Mine might be watching cartoons or old Disney movies, or simply just taking a walk in the park and intentionally observing all the vibrant colours around me - it's amazing how the simple act of noticing colours can brighten my mood!

Yes - the world could do with a lot more childlike sense of wonder! It's so easy to forget how to see the world through the eyes of a child - full of curiosity, and newness, and excitement over little things most of us take for granted. What's your favourite way to tap into that mindset? Mine might be watching cartoons or old Disney movies, or simply just taking a walk in the park and intentionally observing all the vibrant colours around me - it's amazing how the simple act of noticing colours can brighten my mood!
My 3-year-old often brings me into the present moment with his childlike wonderment. A recent example would be when we walked into a mall and he gazed in awe at the towering假棕榈树 (fake palm tree). His eyes sparkled with excitement, and he wondered aloud at their gigantic size. I felt the beauty of the moment - it was like seeing the trees afresh through his innocent eyes.

• Love
Reactions: sunflower
My 3-year-old often brings me into the present moment with his childlike wonderment. A recent example would be when we walked into a mall and he gazed in awe at the towering假棕榈树 (fake palm tree). His eyes sparkled with excitement, and he wondered aloud at their gigantic size. I felt the beauty of the moment - it was like seeing the trees afresh through his innocent eyes.
As adults, we often take mundane things like fake trees for granted since we see them daily. But you're right; bringing awareness to the little things can help us appreciate life's magic and slow down to notice these 'fake palm trees' moments.

I love how children can bring us back to the present moment with such ease! They help us redefine our perspective and appreciate the world's wonders. It's a heartwarming experience to witness their marvels in everyday sights many of us take for granted.

It's so true - children really are remarkable in how they can bring a fresh and wondrous perspective to ordinary things. Their awe and wonder at the world around them is such a beautiful reminder to slow down and appreciate life's simple joys.

What are some of the moments that your little ones have brought you back to the 'now' and made you see the world differently?

I'll share one of mine - it's the way my niece notices and comments on the sky changing colours during sunset, every single time. It's such a simple thing, but her wonderment at this daily occurrence never fails to remind me to stop and appreciate the beauty in something I so often take for granted!

My daughter once spent a good ten minutes gazing in awe at a dancing flame. She was mesmerised by it, and kept exclaiming over how pretty it was and how it moved so differently each time. It was a simple moment but such a sweet reminder to appreciate the beauty in the small things - something we so easily forget as adults!

My daughter once spent a good ten minutes gazing in awe at a dancing flame. She was mesmerised by it, and kept exclaiming over how pretty it was and how it moved so differently each time. It was a simple moment but such a sweet reminder to appreciate the beauty in the small things - something we so easily forget as adults!
That's a precious moment you shared with your daughter; it's amazing how children can find wonder in the everyday, mundane things we see but often overlook.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu