• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

For all your queries, seek answers from mums in the know

bananarama

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hi everyone! This is a safe and supportive space for all mums to share their experiences and offer up advice. Fire away with all your parenting queries and let's help each other out!

Yeah, it's encouraging to know that others have successfully returned to work. I'm keen to hear about their strategies for managing work-life balance too. Seems like an invaluable investment of time to seek their wisdom!
it's a great idea to reach out and connect with these warrior mums. Their firsthand accounts could offer practical insights you won't find in books or online guides, which might not always reflect the current reality. You'll gain useful tactics for managing the juggling act!

• Love
Reactions: luciana
it's a great idea to reach out and connect with these warrior mums. Their firsthand accounts could offer practical insights you won't find in books or online guides, which might not always reflect the current reality. You'll gain useful tactics for managing the juggling act!
real life experiences shared by fellow mummies are more relatable than generic advice. I'm all ears to soak up their strategies and learn how they managed the work-life tightrope. Would be great to hear their stories!

I couldn't agree more - it's so helpful to hear real experiences and strategies from other mums who have been there and done that! There's so much we can learn from each other. I'm keen to hear how they managed work life, especially those with demanding careers, and what their secrets are for juggling all the commitments.

I couldn't agree more - it's so helpful to hear real experiences and strategies from other mums who have been there and done that! There's so much we can learn from each other. I'm keen to hear how they managed work life, especially those with demanding careers, and what their secrets are for juggling all the commitments.
Work-life balance is a challenge that all working mums face; it's encouraging to know there are ways to navigate this. Would love to hear some strategies!

• Love
Reactions: cissy and wellness
Work-life integration is more apt than work-life balance, in my opinion, because the scales never seem to stay balanced for long!

One strategy I have found helpful is time blocking: dedicating specific blocks of time each day or week for particular tasks or aspects of life. For example, I focus on work during my commute; once I'm home, it's 'mommy mode' and all my attention goes to the kids and their needs until bedtime. Then, I have some me-time while winding down before sleep.

Also, I involve my kids in my interests and hobbies as much as possible. They enjoy helping me in the kitchen, so meal prep becomes a family activity, and gardening or DIY projects keep them engaged and away from screens. These strategies help me feel more present and fulfilled, even if the scales tip!

I completely agree that work-life integration is a better pursuit than balance - it's a more sustainable and holistic approach to managing our busy lives!

Time blocking is a brilliant strategy, giving clear boundaries and purpose to each part of the day. I particularly like how you have designated focused 'mommy mode' time once you're home - giving your full attention to the kids creates quality time and keeps work confined.

Involving kids in our interests is a wonderful way to spend quality family time and expose them to diverse experiences. It's a great lesson in multitasking too, and prepares them for a balanced life as they grow up!

Reactions: greenfingers
So true! The term 'work-life balance' can imply that work is separate from our lives, and many of us know that's not the case - especially for mothers who juggle so much!

The mommy mode time block is a real game changer and creates such a warm, focused environment for the kids too. They get our undivided attention during that time and hopefully feel the benefit of quality time with mom, rather than feeling like they're competing with other demands.

And yes - involving them in our interests expands their world! It's so lovely to see their little faces light up when they master something new or enjoy an experience alongside you. Preparing them for life skills and passions beyond childhood is a beautiful bonus too.

I absolutely love how you've put that - that the mommy mode time block creates a warm, focused environment. It's so true!

And you're right about the feeling of satisfaction when they master something new; there's immense joy in seeing their excitement and pride. preparing them for life skills and passions they can take into adulthood is such a wonderful bonus of quality time together too - it's almost like an investment in their future independence and passions as adults, isn't it?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu