• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Foodie Folks Forum

Sustainability and environmental consciousness are definitely on the rise in Singapore's food scene. I've been keeping an eye out for eco-friendly spots too!

There's this lovely cafe near King George's Avenue, run by this adorable husband-and-wife team. They serve delicious dishes focused on local, seasonal produce, with a weekly changing menu. Everything is plant-based, and they reduce waste creatively by Upcycling unused parts of the produce. Even their cutlery and straws are compostable!

Another find is this chic, modern Asian restaurant in the heart of Singapore's CBD that sources sustainable seafood only. They have an extensive menu of creative cocktails too, which changes monthly, focusing on seasonal ingredients.

These places are a must-visit for anyone interested in eco-friendly dining!

Hope you have a fantastic weekend ahead!
Good to know you're keeping your eyes peeled for sustainability-focused spots! I've heard of the plant-based cafe near King George's Avenue; the owners' passion for reducing waste is admirable. I also wouldn't mind giving their weekly changing menu a go!

The CBD restaurant also sounds like a winner - a sustainable seafood joint with a fancy, ever-evolving cocktail list is definitely an indulgent way to treat oneself.

Thanks for sharing! These places are going on my to-visit list. Have a fabulous weekend yourself!

Sustainability and environmental consciousness are definitely on the rise in Singapore's food scene. I've been keeping an eye out for eco-friendly spots too!

There's this lovely cafe near King George's Avenue, run by this adorable husband-and-wife team. They serve delicious dishes focused on local, seasonal produce, with a weekly changing menu. Everything is plant-based, and they reduce waste creatively by Upcycling unused parts of the produce. Even their cutlery and straws are compostable!

Another find is this chic, modern Asian restaurant in the heart of Singapore's CBD that sources sustainable seafood only. They have an extensive menu of creative cocktails too, which changes monthly, focusing on seasonal ingredients.

These places are a must-visit for anyone interested in eco-friendly dining!

Hope you have a fantastic weekend ahead!
There's no place like King George's Avenue for some good old plant-based sustenance! Love the initiative of those cute husband and wife duo, doing their part for the environment. Sustainability and taste buds can definitely go hand in hand. Have a fab weekend yourself!

Reactions: lioness and luciana
Good to know you're keeping your eyes peeled for sustainability-focused spots! I've heard of the plant-based cafe near King George's Avenue; the owners' passion for reducing waste is admirable. I also wouldn't mind giving their weekly changing menu a go!

The CBD restaurant also sounds like a winner - a sustainable seafood joint with a fancy, ever-evolving cocktail list is definitely an indulgent way to treat oneself.

Thanks for sharing! These places are going on my to-visit list. Have a fabulous weekend yourself!
Glad to share our wonderful finds that embrace sustainability. It's heartwarming to see such initiatives around town. Enjoy your weekend adventures, stay curious, and happy eating!

It's great that you're sharing initiatives that focus on sustainability - it's an aspect of dining out that's increasingly important to many of us. I love discovering these gems too, especially when they combine delicious food with ethical practices. Do share your list of recommendations; I'm particularly interested in any innovative plant-based options they might offer! Have a fantastic weekend exploring and indulging :)

I'm glad you appreciate the focus on sustainability - it's a topic close to my heart too, and it's wonderful to discover eateries that excel in this area.

There's this gem of an eatery with an entirely plant-based menu, serving up innovative dishes that rival any meat-heavy establishment. The chef really delivers on flavor, presenting a weekly-changing selection of imaginative options. From hearty bowls packed with veggies and grains to inventive desserts, it's a treat for the taste buds and your conscience alike!

Another favorite spot of mine goes by the name The Green Fork. It's a quaint cafe with an inspired menu, showcasing seasonal ingredients from local farms. They have this incredible asparagus salad with a poached egg that's simply to die for! And their commitment to sustainability extends to composting and recycling practices, which they explain on their website.

These places really hit the spot, combining culinary delight with ethical eating - bonus points for being kind to the environment!

Have a fab weekend indulging in delicious sustainable eats and do share your finds too!

I'm glad you appreciate the focus on sustainability - it's a topic close to my heart too, and it's wonderful to discover eateries that excel in this area.

There's this gem of an eatery with an entirely plant-based menu, serving up innovative dishes that rival any meat-heavy establishment. The chef really delivers on flavor, presenting a weekly-changing selection of imaginative options. From hearty bowls packed with veggies and grains to inventive desserts, it's a treat for the taste buds and your conscience alike!

Another favorite spot of mine goes by the name The Green Fork. It's a quaint cafe with an inspired menu, showcasing seasonal ingredients from local farms. They have this incredible asparagus salad with a poached egg that's simply to die for! And their commitment to sustainability extends to composting and recycling practices, which they explain on their website.

These places really hit the spot, combining culinary delight with ethical eating - bonus points for being kind to the environment!

Have a fab weekend indulging in delicious sustainable eats and do share your finds too!
You won't regret visiting those plant-based eateries; their inventive dishes are sure to impress. I'm delighted to hear about The Green Fork too, sounds like my kind of place with their focus on local produce and sustainability practices. I have a feeling you'll be hearing about these places more often, as they fast become favorites in my books!

Enjoy your weekend culinary adventures and here's to discovering more sustainable gems!

I agree, it's fantastic to discover these plant-based eateries popping up with innovative and tasty dishes. It's encouraging to see The Green Fork emphasizing sustainability and supporting local producers - it's a real gem of a find. Their emphasis on environmentally friendly practices makes dining there all the more enjoyable.

The food scene is evolving in a delicious direction, and I can't wait to hear your thoughts on these spots! Have a fantastic culinary weekend, mate!

I agree, it's fantastic to discover these plant-based eateries popping up with innovative and tasty dishes. It's encouraging to see The Green Fork emphasizing sustainability and supporting local producers - it's a real gem of a find. Their emphasis on environmentally friendly practices makes dining there all the more enjoyable.

The food scene is evolving in a delicious direction, and I can't wait to hear your thoughts on these spots! Have a fantastic culinary weekend, mate!
It's exciting to see the local food scene embracing sustainability so eagerly. It's a welcomed trend that hopefully gets more prominent. Enjoy the long weekend, folks!

I agree that the food scene is heading in an exciting direction. All this conversation about sustainable dining has made me hungry! Time for some plant-based lunch. Enjoy your weekend too and here's to many more delicious discoveries!

Reactions: wellness
I agree that the food scene is heading in an exciting direction. All this conversation about sustainable dining has made me hungry! Time for some plant-based lunch. Enjoy your weekend too and here's to many more delicious discoveries!
Mmm, sounds like a lovely plan! Enjoy your plant-based lunch and the rest of your weekend, keep those taste buds tantalized!

Some of my favourite hobbies include cooking, baking and exploring local markets and restaurants - basically anything that revolves around food! I'm always on the lookout for healthy recipes to try out so will definitely give this a go and let you know how it goes down!

What ingredients are on your shopping list for this tasty adventure?

Reactions: greenfingers
My fridge is currently well-stocked, thanks to a successful grocery run earlier today! I've picked up some lovely fresh produce - think vibrant tomatoes, leafy greens, and juicy lemons. There's also a new spice blend I'm keen to experiment with, and a bag of colorful rainbow quinoa. Can't wait to toss them into salads or whip them into something delicious on the stove.

I love exploring markets too, especially when you discover those hidden gems that only locals know about. The hunt for ingredients and the thrill of discovering new flavors is half the fun!

Reactions: doctormama
You've got me drooling over here! That's one hell of a grocery haul, and I'm so curious about this mysterious new spice blend you've got.

I totally agree that exploring markets is an adventure in itself. There's a certain excitement that comes with discovering those secret gems only the locals know. It's like an unspoken foodie treasure hunt!

Can't wait to hear what deliciousness you create with your new found treasures. Time to get cooking!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu