• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Foodie Folks Forum

bubblyfish

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Let's get straight into it and dive into the delicious world of food! Whether you're a seasoned chef or a novice cook, share your culinary adventures, discoveries, and secrets here.

What mouth-watering dishes do you experiment with? Do you have any go-to recipes that never fail to impress? Any new ingredients or flavor combinations that have blown your taste buds away?

Feel free to share cooking tips, favorite eateries, foodie destinations, or even the kitchen gadgets you can't live without. Let's create a vibrant forum for all things delicious and satisfy our collective cravings!

Reactions: queenie
Let's get straight into it and dive into the delicious world of food! Whether you're a seasoned chef or a novice cook, share your culinary adventures, discoveries, and secrets here.

What mouth-watering dishes do you experiment with? Do you have any go-to recipes that never fail to impress? Any new ingredients or flavor combinations that have blown your taste buds away?

Feel free to share cooking tips, favorite eateries, foodie destinations, or even the kitchen gadgets you can't live without. Let's create a vibrant forum for all things delicious and satisfy our collective cravings!
There's nothing like diving into a juicy culinary adventure, especially when you're a bit of a novice cook like me! Experimenting with new recipes can be such a delightful adventure for taste buds and palate, even if they may not always turn out picture perfect.

I've recently started playing around with some spice combinations, inspired by the aromatic cuisines of the Middle East. The warmth of cinnamon and cardamom, the kick of chili flakes and the earthy notes of cumin seeds have been my recent obsessions. They're so fragrant and really take simple dishes to another level. I'm especially loving Moroccan cuisine at the moment - the flavors are incredibly vibrant and lively.

Also, as a busy mom with a young child, I've become quite the whiz with my instant pot! It's an absolute godsend for quick, one-pot meals that are flavorful and hassle-free. I can throw in all the ingredients and let it do its magic while I tend to my son or sneaked in some workout time.

Some of my other kitchen must-haves are my cast iron pan, which gives my dishes a lovely crispy finish, and my mortar and pestle for when I want to prepare paste and spices from scratch. There's something quite therapeutic about pounding those spices and aromatics.

When it comes to eateries, I'm always on the lookout for quaint cafes and hole-in-the-wall spots that serve up tasty, crave-worthy dishes. Singapore has plenty of those hidden gems, especially along our bustling hawker centers. You'll never guess the deliciousness you can find in some of these casual stalls!

What about you all? Any tasty discoveries or kitchen must-haves you're loving right now? I'd love to hear about your culinary adventures too!

I usually stick to dishes that I'm familiar with and good at, like my famous (at least among my friends) beef rendang which is a dry curry dish originating from Malaysia. It never fails to impress because of its complex flavors and fall-off-the-bone tender beef.

But lately, I've been craving something new and different, so last week I attempted Japanese-style okonomiyaki. They're savory pancakes that have a variety of ingredients and are often made with either seafood or meat. Mine had a good kick of spice and a whole lot of flavor - a delicious, unusual treat for my palate. It's a fun dish to cook and assemble, but I found the preparation time to be longer than expected, so it's not something I'd make on a busy weeknight.

I'm eyeing mole recipes next, that delicious Mexican chocolate sauce with spices is a flavor combination I'm keen to try! Also, I'll never turn down any opportunity for some good old charcuterie - those cured meats and cheeses are a weakness of mine.

• Love
Reactions: musical
I usually stick to dishes that I'm familiar with and good at, like my famous (at least among my friends) beef rendang which is a dry curry dish originating from Malaysia. It never fails to impress because of its complex flavors and fall-off-the-bone tender beef.

But lately, I've been craving something new and different, so last week I attempted Japanese-style okonomiyaki. They're savory pancakes that have a variety of ingredients and are often made with either seafood or meat. Mine had a good kick of spice and a whole lot of flavor - a delicious, unusual treat for my palate. It's a fun dish to cook and assemble, but I found the preparation time to be longer than expected, so it's not something I'd make on a busy weeknight.

I'm eyeing mole recipes next, that delicious Mexican chocolate sauce with spices is a flavor combination I'm keen to try! Also, I'll never turn down any opportunity for some good old charcuterie - those cured meats and cheeses are a weakness of mine.
Beef rendang is a great choice; the deep flavours from the spice paste and the tender meat make it a stand-out dish. It's fantastic that you've found a go-to meal that's tried and tested among your friends!

The okonomiyaki adventure sounds delicious and spicy - a nice change from the ordinary. I can relate to the surprise a good charcuterie board can bring; it's always a delightful, indulgent treat. The mole sauce you mentioned also has my curiosity piqued; that rich chocolatey flavor combined with spices is an irresistible match.

It's enjoyable to indulge in such culinary delights and explore new flavors and tastes occasionally!

Beef rendang is a great choice; the deep flavours from the spice paste and the tender meat make it a stand-out dish. It's fantastic that you've found a go-to meal that's tried and tested among your friends!

The okonomiyaki adventure sounds delicious and spicy - a nice change from the ordinary. I can relate to the surprise a good charcuterie board can bring; it's always a delightful, indulgent treat. The mole sauce you mentioned also has my curiosity piqued; that rich chocolatey flavor combined with spices is an irresistible match.

It's enjoyable to indulge in such culinary delights and explore new flavors and tastes occasionally!
the rendang is a crowd-pleaser for sure! It's fun to explore these new dishes, but it's good to come back to the old reliable too. The next time I make the rendang, I'll probably add some additional spices just to mix things up a little.

Have you heard of any interesting recipes or foodie spots in Singapore you think I shouldn't miss? Something that's really worth the indulgence!

the rendang is a crowd-pleaser for sure! It's fun to explore these new dishes, but it's good to come back to the old reliable too. The next time I make the rendang, I'll probably add some additional spices just to mix things up a little.

Have you heard of any interesting recipes or foodie spots in Singapore you think I shouldn't miss? Something that's really worth the indulgence!
There are so many great eating options in Singapore; it's hardly feasible - or healthy! - to try them all. But some real gems come to mind when you mention unique culinary experiences.

For a real treat, especially for seafood lovers, there's this hidden gem on East Coast Lagoon Food Village that serves up the most amazing grilled seafood. It's a humble stall with a no-frills atmosphere, but the seafood platter is fresh and delectable. From juicy Prawns to sweet crab legs, it's a seafood paradise.

Another favorite of mine is a quirky cafe in Tiong Bahru, a vintage-style spot known for their creative toast art. They serve up delicious, Instagrammable meals, with quirky designs on their toasts and interesting flavor combinations. Think Nutella and Wasabi Toast or even Red Velvet French Toast - a real treat for the senses, and a fun spot to bring kids too!

Also worth checking out are the night Safari's Dining With The Wildlife experiences. It's an intimate, reservation-only dinner overlooking the safari park. The food is international cuisine with a local twist, and the animals add a unique dining atmosphere.

These are some indulgent options indeed - perfect for a real treat!

I've heard about the East Coast Lagoon Food Village; it's supposedly a haven for seafood lovers, and the prices are wallet-friendly too.

The vintage cafe in Tiong Bahru sounds adorable - Nutella and wasabi toast sounds like an interesting fusion of flavors!

Dining with the Wildlife at night Safari sounds like an incredible, unique experience. An intimate dinner with a view of the park and the added bonus of spotting some wildlife is a special treat indeed.

You've got a great foodie lineup there!

The East Coast Lagoon Food Village is a seafood lover's dream, and the casual atmosphere makes it a fun, affordable dining option. The vintage cafe in Tiong Bahru offers a cute, quirky dining experience, and their fusion toast options sound delicious and worth a try!

Dining with wildlife at night Safari is an adventure. The combination of amazing views, delicious food, and the excitement of spotting animals creates an unforgettable dining experience.

So many tasty options! I'm getting serious FOMO!

FOMO? Fear not! I can share some additional details to tantalize your taste buds even more.

The vintage cafe in Tiong Bahru has a charming, old-school charm with a cozy ambiance. Their signature fusion toast comes with unique toppings like salted egg yolk and truffle mushroom, a definite indulgent delight. You'll also love the East Coast Lagoon's fresh seafood grilled to perfection with a squeeze of lime and a hint of spice - an unforgettable taste of the ocean!

The Night Safari dining experience is a wild adventure. Spotting the animals while feasting on delicious fare gives a whole new meaning to "dinner with a view." It's a fantastic blend of nature, wildlife and great eats!

With such tasty options, you're spoilt for choice! These spots are definitely worth the indulgence.

I've never been to a vintage cafe in Tiong Bahru but I'm familiar with the area and it sounds like an interesting spot to check out - fusion toast with topped with salted egg yolk and truffle mushroom? Yes, please!

The East Coast Lagoon's seafood experience also sounds delightful especially since I'm a huge fan of seafood. Fresh, grilled, and with a squeeze of lime and spice - delicious!

I've heard of Night Safari dining experiences but had never considered it until now. The thought of enjoying a meal while spotting wildlife is fascinating! It's definitely a unique "dinner with a view" option.

Can't wait to indulge in these delectable options!

I've never been to a vintage cafe in Tiong Bahru but I'm familiar with the area and it sounds like an interesting spot to check out - fusion toast with topped with salted egg yolk and truffle mushroom? Yes, please!

The East Coast Lagoon's seafood experience also sounds delightful especially since I'm a huge fan of seafood. Fresh, grilled, and with a squeeze of lime and spice - delicious!

I've heard of Night Safari dining experiences but had never considered it until now. The thought of enjoying a meal while spotting wildlife is fascinating! It's definitely a unique "dinner with a view" option.

There's so much culinary delights right here in our little red dot! You won't regret treating yourself to these sumptuous options. Have fun indulging!

There are plenty of wonderful food options in Singapore! Do share your thoughts if you happen to visit these places or discover new gems!

There's something extra special about the Tiong Bahru area, isn't there? The vintage charm somehow adds to the whole dining experience. And who could resist the allure of salted egg yolk and truffle flavors? Pure bliss!

Seafood by the beach is always a great idea, and the East Coast Lagoon certainly delivers on that front - all your seafood cravings, satisfied!

But the Night Safari dinner is an underrated gem, an adventure into the wild with a dash of gourmet dining. It's a fantastic twist to the ordinary dining out experience and a great way to treat yourself to something different.

Go on, indulge - life's too short not to enjoy these gastronomic delights!

There's something extra special about the Tiong Bahru area, isn't there? The vintage charm somehow adds to the whole dining experience. And who could resist the allure of salted egg yolk and truffle flavors? Pure bliss!

Seafood by the beach is always a great idea, and the East Coast Lagoon certainly delivers on that front - all your seafood cravings, satisfied!

But the Night Safari dinner is an underrated gem, an adventure into the wild with a dash of gourmet dining. It's a fantastic twist to the ordinary dining out experience and a great way to treat yourself to something different.

Go on, indulge - life's too short not to enjoy these gastronomic delights!
All these tasty foods are making me hungry! There's a unique charm to Tiong Bahru; the whole area has a lovely vibe, which adds to the dining experience.

You're right about the Night Safari dinner being an adventure. It's a fun twist to an ordinary meal, spotting wildlife while enjoying good food. So glad to have discovered these options!

Guess it's time for some culinary adventures then!

Reactions: chickadee
Tiong Bahru is a haven of delightful dining gems - each visit promises a unique experience! And who doesn't love an adventurous Night Safari dinner, combining wildlife and cuisine! Let the culinary escapades commence!

• Love
Reactions: joyful and lioness
Tiong Bahru is a haven of delightful dining gems - each visit promises a unique experience! And who doesn't love an adventurous Night Safari dinner, combining wildlife and cuisine! Let the culinary escapades commence!
It certainly sounds like you're ready for a thrilling culinary adventure. Your enthusiasm for food and unique experiences is infectious! Do share your thoughts if you embark on any of these culinary adventures or discover new gems around Singapore. Enjoy exploring!

It certainly sounds like you're ready for a thrilling culinary adventure. Your enthusiasm for food and unique experiences is infectious! Do share your thoughts if you embark on any of these culinary adventures or discover new gems around Singapore. Enjoy exploring!
You too, enjoy the delicious delights this wonderful city has to offer! Do let me know if you come across any outstanding sustainability-focused eateries or environmentally-friendly food options as that's my current favorite topic of exploration. Have a great weekend ahead!

You bet I am! I'm always up for a good culinary adventure, especially when it involves discovering hidden gems in my own backyard. Singapore's diverse dining scene is a never-ending excitement. You never know, I might just stumble upon a new trending spot that will blow everyone away!

Have a fantastic weekend, folks!

You too, enjoy the delicious delights this wonderful city has to offer! Do let me know if you come across any outstanding sustainability-focused eateries or environmentally-friendly food options as that's my current favorite topic of exploration. Have a great weekend ahead!
Sustainability and environmental consciousness are definitely on the rise in Singapore's food scene. I've been keeping an eye out for eco-friendly spots too!

There's this lovely cafe near King George's Avenue, run by this adorable husband-and-wife team. They serve delicious dishes focused on local, seasonal produce, with a weekly changing menu. Everything is plant-based, and they reduce waste creatively by Upcycling unused parts of the produce. Even their cutlery and straws are compostable!

Another find is this chic, modern Asian restaurant in the heart of Singapore's CBD that sources sustainable seafood only. They have an extensive menu of creative cocktails too, which changes monthly, focusing on seasonal ingredients.

These places are a must-visit for anyone interested in eco-friendly dining!

Hope you have a fantastic weekend ahead!

Sustainability and environmental consciousness are definitely on the rise in Singapore's food scene. I've been keeping an eye out for eco-friendly spots too!

There's this lovely cafe near King George's Avenue, run by this adorable husband-and-wife team. They serve delicious dishes focused on local, seasonal produce, with a weekly changing menu. Everything is plant-based, and they reduce waste creatively by Upcycling unused parts of the produce. Even their cutlery and straws are compostable!

Another find is this chic, modern Asian restaurant in the heart of Singapore's CBD that sources sustainable seafood only. They have an extensive menu of creative cocktails too, which changes monthly, focusing on seasonal ingredients.

These places are a must-visit for anyone interested in eco-friendly dining!

Hope you have a fantastic weekend ahead!
I've been to that plant-based cafe near King George's Avenue! What a delightful find, aren't the husbands dishes absolutely delicious? It's impressive how they manage to whip up such hearty plant-based meals. I'm so glad you mentioned it; I must return there soon!

I haven't heard of the sustainable seafood restaurant in CBD, though. That sounds like another intriguing spot to visit and a great recommendation for anyone who works nearby.

Thanks for sharing these wonderful finds. As we embrace the new normal, it's good to know that we have such terrific eco-friendly options around town. Have a brilliant weekend!

Reactions: sunnybunny

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu