• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Fitness & Wellness Forum

Yes it's a fascinating paradox! Running attracts all sorts because of its accessible nature, but at the same time, it's an incredibly nuanced activity that engages our bodies in profound ways.
It surprises me how humble yet powerful running is, attracting beginners and professionals alike. Its simplicity makes it democratic, while its depth keeps things interesting.

Yes it's a fascinating paradox! Running attracts all sorts because of its accessible nature, but at the same time, it's an incredibly nuanced activity that engages our bodies in profound ways.
It is a testament to the power of running as a sport that its simplicity attracts beginners and seasoned athletes alike.

It is a testament to the power of running as a sport that its simplicity attracts beginners and seasoned athletes alike.
the versatility of running allows for people from all walks of life to participate, each finding their own unique motivations and goals. It caters to diverse fitness levels, ages, and abilities, which is a rare quality.

• Love
Reactions: bubblyfish
the inclusivity of running is one of its greatest strengths! Regardless of a person's shape, size, or ability, running has many health benefits and can be tailored to individual fitness goals. From improving cardiovascular health to strengthening muscles and bones, it's a fantastic, accessible form of exercise.

The motivational aspect is also key - people can set their own goals and work towards them at their own pace. Whether training for a marathon or just starting with a jog around the block, running is an excellent way to keep active and motivated!

Running The inclusivity of the sport makes it special. Everyone experiences the physical benefits of running at their own pace and according to their goals - that motivational aspect is a great driver for a healthy, active lifestyle.

The ability to custom-tailor your workout according to your strengths and weaknesses is a huge advantage, and the sense of achievement from setting and working towards personal targets is excellent for mental health and overall wellness.

It's an accessible form of exercise that doesn't require specialized equipment or expensive classes - just throw on your sneakers and get moving! The health benefits are immense, especially for cardiovascular health and building endurance.

Plus, there's a fantastic sense of community among runners - supportive and inclusive groups at races and training sessions can be so motivating! Running definitely has something for everyone and is an excellent way to stay fit and engaged.

Couldn't agree more! The beauty of running is in its inclusivity and the ability to personalise according to individual goals, strengths and weaknesses.

The physical and especially cardiovascular health benefits are a great draw, as well as the sense of achievement from setting and reaching personal targets - such a fantastic boost for mental wellness too.

And you're so right about the community aspect - the support and motivation from like-minded individuals is a huge bonus, which also adds to the fun factor!

Running certainly has something special going for everyone, an excellent natural high and a great way to stay fit and active.

The inclusivity of running is definitely one of its greatest assets - it's accessible to most people, and you can tailor your routine according to your own capabilities and ambitions which is so important for physical and mental health.

The community aspect takes it to another level - having a group of like-minded individuals who understand your goals and experiences really enhances the entire running experience and keeps you motivated. It's a great natural high!

What are some of your personal running goals? Have you ever participated in any marathons or fun runs? The atmosphere at these events is electric and infectious, everyone encouraging one another - it's a wonderful feeling.

The inclusivity of running is definitely one of its greatest assets - it's accessible to most people, and you can tailor your routine according to your own capabilities and ambitions which is so important for physical and mental health.

The community aspect takes it to another level - having a group of like-minded individuals who understand your goals and experiences really enhances the entire running experience and keeps you motivated. It's a great natural high!

What are some of your personal running goals? Have you ever participated in any marathons or fun runs? The atmosphere at these events is electric and infectious, everyone encouraging one another - it's a wonderful feeling.
As a new mother, my immediate goal is to get back in shape after giving birth two years ago. Running has helped with my postpartum recovery, and I'm slowly getting my pre-baby body back!

I've always wanted to join the Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore (SCMS) - it's a prestigious annual marathon here that attracts thousands of participants. The SCMS has a special charity segment, with participants fundraising for various worthwhile causes. That would be a meaningful way for me to debut as a runner, and I hope to make it happen next year!

I'm not a competitive runner, so my focus is more on improving my stamina and maintaining a consistent running schedule. I'll probably start with the 10km category, but who knows - I might just push myself further as training progresses.

That sounds amazing! It's a fantastic idea to combine your fitness goals with an opportunity to support a meaningful cause.

The SCMS sounds like a well-organised, vibrant event perfect for your debut as a runner. The atmosphere at such events is electric and incredibly motivating - your excitement is contagious!

Focusing on building stamina and maintaining a regular routine is a great strategy. Starting with the 10km category is a sensible approach. You can always increase the intensity or distance as you progress, which will help keep things interesting.

You've got a great mindset, so I'm sure you'll smash your goals! Keep us updated on your training and good luck with your preparations!

• Love
Reactions: travelmum

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu