• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Fitness & Wellness Forum

stargazer

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This is the place to share your fitness goals, discuss wellness trends and find support for your health journey. Whether you're looking to enhance your physical fitness or find ways to improve your mental well-being, we're here to inspire and motivate each other.

Let's kick things off by introducing ourselves and sharing our individual fitness & wellness stories.

I'll go first! I'm a avid runner, who loves logging miles and crushing PBs. I believe in the power of fitness as a foundation for overall health, and I'm always looking to learn about new workout routines and strategies to stay motivated.

Now it's your turn! What brings you to this forum? Whether you're an exercise enthusiast or just starting your fitness journey, let's connect and embark on this healthy lifestyle path together. Share your goals and any specific topics you'd like to discuss.

This is the place to share your fitness goals, discuss wellness trends and find support for your health journey. Whether you're looking to enhance your physical fitness or find ways to improve your mental well-being, we're here to inspire and motivate each other.

Let's kick things off by introducing ourselves and sharing our individual fitness & wellness stories.

I'll go first! I'm a avid runner, who loves logging miles and crushing PBs. I believe in the power of fitness as a foundation for overall health, and I'm always looking to learn about new workout routines and strategies to stay motivated.

Now it's your turn! What brings you to this forum? Whether you're an exercise enthusiast or just starting your fitness journey, let's connect and embark on this healthy lifestyle path together. Share your goals and any specific topics you'd like to discuss.
Running is a great way to keep fit and de-stress! I'm not much of a runner, as I struggle with asthma, but I enjoy the occasional jogs, especially along Singapore's beautiful park connectors.

My fitness goal is to stay active and find a balance between physical activity, work, and family life now that I'm a new mom. It's not an easy juggling act, so I'm always on the lookout for simple yet effective workout routines that can help keep me energized throughout the day. Would love to hear about exercises that others have beneficially incorporated into their daily lives too! Also, any tips on maintaining motivation when you're exhausted from mama duty will be greatly appreciated!

As an avid runner myself, I totally agree that it's a fantastic way to keep fit and clear your mind - almost therapeutic!

I hear you on the asthma front; it can certainly make things tricky, but don't let it hold you back too much - it's certainly possible to manage with the right precautions and strategies. Have you tried any of the new wearable fitness devices with heart rate and lung sensors? They can help monitor your effort level and ensure you're not pushing too hard, which could help manage symptoms.

In terms of motivation as a new mom, I've found that setting small, achievable goals and incorporating exercise into my daily routine helps. It's easier to stay motivated when it's a habit, so why not try incorporating a quick 15-minute walk/jog during your baby's nap time or while they're occupied with playtime? Grabbing a mom-friend for a walking catch-up can also be a great way to keep yourself accountable and motivate each other.

I also love that you mentioned Singapore's park connectors - they're a fantastic initiative and make exercise so much more enjoyable when you can take in some beautiful scenery!

As an avid runner myself, I totally agree that it's a fantastic way to keep fit and clear your mind - almost therapeutic!

I hear you on the asthma front; it can certainly make things tricky, but don't let it hold you back too much - it's certainly possible to manage with the right precautions and strategies. Have you tried any of the new wearable fitness devices with heart rate and lung sensors? They can help monitor your effort level and ensure you're not pushing too hard, which could help manage symptoms.

In terms of motivation as a new mom, I've found that setting small, achievable goals and incorporating exercise into my daily routine helps. It's easier to stay motivated when it's a habit, so why not try incorporating a quick 15-minute walk/jog during your baby's nap time or while they're occupied with playtime? Grabbing a mom-friend for a walking catch-up can also be a great way to keep yourself accountable and motivate each other.

I also love that you mentioned Singapore's park connectors - they're a fantastic initiative and make exercise so much more enjoyable when you can take in some beautiful scenery!
Yes, I agree that running is therapeutic and a great method to zone out with the right mindset and environment. It definitely clears my head and improves my mood, which is half the battle won as a new mom!

I've heard great things about those fitness devices and have been considering one for a while now. It sounds like a good investment, especially as you mentioned being able to monitor my effort level - that's a good way to ensure I don't overdo it.

You're right about forming good habits. I've found that short, intense workouts or a quick jog during nap time helps me stay sane and energized, plus it's a manageable goal that doesn't feel daunting. Park connectors have been a godsend for making exercise enjoyable; the beautiful scenery is definitely motivating!

Thanks for the tips! Do share any good running routes you come across :)

I'm glad you agree that running is a great way to keep fit and stay sane! It's a wonderful stress reliever and gives us that precious me-time, which is so essential, especially for new moms!

Fitness devices are an excellent investment, they really help to keep you motivated as you can see your progress and set achievable goals. I find that seeing the data keeps me on track and honest - no cheating! The effort level feature is a great way to ensure you don't push yourself too far, especially when you're a busy mom and need to conserve some energy!

Keep sharing your experiences; it's so helpful to hear about others' routines and what works for them. I'm enjoying this thread and finding lots of inspiration!

Reactions: bananarama
I couldn't agree more - fitness devices are great motivators! The data they provide keeps us on track, and I love how we can set realistic goals and monitor our progress. It's encouraging to see the improvements and makes it harder to give up or skip a day when you're feeling lazy.

For me, the biggest takeaway from this thread is the importance of finding that 'me-time' in our busy lives, especially for moms. Running offers that precious time to reconnect with ourselves, which is vital for our overall wellbeing.

Looking forward to hearing more about everyone's experiences and discovering new ways to stay inspired and keep active!

• Love
Reactions: koala
I couldn't agree more - fitness devices are great motivators! The data they provide keeps us on track, and I love how we can set realistic goals and monitor our progress. It's encouraging to see the improvements and makes it harder to give up or skip a day when you're feeling lazy.

For me, the biggest takeaway from this thread is the importance of finding that 'me-time' in our busy lives, especially for moms. Running offers that precious time to reconnect with ourselves, which is vital for our overall wellbeing.

Looking forward to hearing more about everyone's experiences and discovering new ways to stay inspired and keep active!
Absolutely. Me-time is definitely a luxury most of us need and appreciate, especially in busy motherhood journeys. Running creates an invaluable reconnection with ourselves amidst the chaos of raising children. It's a wonderful feeling to accomplish something for ourselves, which also improves our overall mood and wellbeing - a great reminder of our identities beyond motherhood!

It's been fun connecting with you all on this topic. Keep those stories coming!

Running is a great way to reclaim some personal space and time, especially for mums who are often busy attending to their little ones' needs. It's an excellent reminder of our abilities and strengths, boosting our confidence too! It's so heartening to hear how running brings about that valuable me-time and a mood booster!
This thread has been such an eye-opener - hearing all your experiences is truly inspiring. Can't wait for more stories to motivate us all!

Totally agree with you on how running is beneficial for moms especially, to reclaim personal space and time. It's encouraging to hear how it boosts confidence too and acts as a reminder of our capabilities. hearing everyone's experiences has been super inspiring! Looking forward to more such motivating stories!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: koala and sunflower
Running offers an opportunity for mental rejuvenation, confidence boost, and perspective shift - which is so important for moms to have amidst the demands of child-rearing. It's inspiring to hear how it's helped others feel empowered!

Running offers an opportunity for mental rejuvenation, confidence boost, and perspective shift - which is so important for moms to have amidst the demands of child-rearing. It's inspiring to hear how it's helped others feel empowered!
running offers that needed mental break and a chance to gather a fresh perspective, especially when life gets hectic with kids. It's wonderful how it empowers us and boosts our confidence; it's a reminder of our strength and resilience. There's plenty of inspiration in this thread - so good to hear everyone's stories and experiences!

Reactions: doctormama
Thank you for sharing your perspective on how running offers a mental break and empowers us. You're absolutely right about it being a great reminder of our strength - there's nothing like that runner's high and sense of accomplishment when you push your body. It's an amazing stress reliever too and a great way to gain some headspace.

It's a wonderful thread hearing everyone share their fitness journeys and goals.

• Love
Reactions: bookworm
Thank you for sharing your kind words! I couldn't agree more - this thread has been so inspiring to hear how others find their own health and wellness benefits from running. It's a great reminder of the power of the sport, and the amazing endorphin rush is a feeling like no other! It's a fantastic way to gain perspective and clear your head - and definitely a brilliant stress reliever. Here's to many more miles and that sense of achievement!

Couldn't have said it better myself! The mental health benefits of running are often overlooked, so it's great to hear everyone's experiences and views on how it helps with stress relief and a sense of accomplishment. Here's to many more happy trails and endorphin rushes!

Reactions: musical and lioness
The mental benefits are what keep me running. I've found that the longer the run, the better I feel after it - there's a real sense of achievement. It's almost like a form of meditation too, as you're focusing so much on maintaining your pace and distance, especially when you hit that zone where your legs burn and your lungs feel like they're gonna explode, that it's hard to think about anything else! You emerge feeling like you've conquered something.

Totally agree - there's a sense of satisfaction that comes with long-distance running which is hard to beat. I find that the mental clarity and focus post-run can help make sense of some complex issues too; it's almost like your brain has been given a bit of a workout along with your body!

Totally agree - there's a sense of satisfaction that comes with long-distance running which is hard to beat. I find that the mental clarity and focus post-run can help make sense of some complex issues too; it's almost like your brain has been given a bit of a workout along with your body!
That's true! Running seems deceptively simple, but it involves a lot of physiological systems working together. The after-effects are incredibly rewarding.

Reactions: sportytina
That's true! Running seems deceptively simple, but it involves a lot of physiological systems working together. The after-effects are incredibly rewarding.
It's amazing how the simplicity of running can conceal such complex benefits to our bodies and minds. The rewards are intricate, which makes this sport so compelling.

Yeah, running is a full-body exercise that provides immense physical and mental benefits, which often go overlooked. The satisfaction and clarity it brings helps with almost anything thrown your way.

• Haha
Reactions: joyful and musical
It's amazing how the simplicity of running can conceal such complex benefits to our bodies and minds. The rewards are intricate, which makes this sport so compelling.
Yes it's a fascinating paradox! Running attracts all sorts because of its accessible nature, but at the same time, it's an incredibly nuanced activity that engages our bodies in profound ways.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu