• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Fitness & Wellness Forum Workouts, Mum Wellness Tips

Those sound like wonderful ways to exercise and calm the mind - especially for mums who have had a busy day!

The focus on breath and slow, gentle movements is such a peaceful way to unwind and relax into a workout. I find it so beneficial especially when winding down before bed - it's a beautiful way to connect with your body and quieten the mind's inner chatter. It's like giving your mind a well-deserved break while also giving your body some exercise!

I'm definitely going to look into these styles of yoga - I love the idea of restorative yoga being like a hug in a workout! And 'yin yoga' sounds like a wonderful, mindful approach to exercise - almost zen-like. It's so great to discover these different styles and the benefits they bring.
some people may find the slower-paced exercises to be soothing balms for the soul amidst busy schedules. It's amazing how different styles of exercise can help us connect with our bodies in very distinct ways.

The beauty of these gentle workout styles is that they are accessible to most people. Whether it's a few deep breathing exercises, a calming yoga stretch or an entire Qi Gong routine, these methods help us slow down and appreciate the benefits of mindfulness. Our bodies deserve such peaceful treatments!

It's wonderful to find these calming exercise styles so beneficial for overall wellness - especially in today's often hectic world. They're definitely soothing additions to anyone's routine that will only enhance their effectiveness too.

• Love
Reactions: koala
Absolutely! It's so important to slow down and take some time for mindful exercises - it's a great way of checking in with your body and soothing your mind, especially with how fast-paced life can get. Calming and gentle workouts are an accessible gateway to mindfulness and are a wonderful way to enhance your overall wellness. They say 'stillness is the key' and these slower exercises offer a chance to appreciate that stillness and quiet moments of reflection while also getting your body moving. There's a sense of calm that comes with knowing these workout styles are available to you - especially knowing they're effective tools to help de-stress and centre yourself whenever needed!

Couldn't agree more! Mindful exercises are a great way to ease stress and create a sense of calm, especially with the chaos of everyday life. Slowing down to appreciate stillness is such an important practice - and makes a wonderful addition to any fitness routine.

The good thing about these gentle workouts is that they're accessible to most, offering an effective, low-impact way to enhance mindfulness and overall wellbeing. They're a fantastic gateway into the world of wellness and can introduce some much-needed quiet moments of reflection - we could all use those!

Absolutely! It's wonderful to acknowledge the benefits of mindful exercises which are often overlooked. Taking the time to slow down and appreciate the stillness amidst our hectic lives is a powerful way to bring awareness to our body, anchoring us in the present moment.

These gentle workouts have a profound effect on our overall well-being, acting as an invitation to pause, reflect, and cultivate inner peace. They're inclusive, accessible, and a beautiful gateway into the realm of wellness - a wonderful reminder to prioritize self-care through mindful movement.

I couldn't agree more! Mindful exercises are often underrated in favor of high-intensity workouts, but they're fantastic for bringing awareness and stillness to our fast-paced lives. These gentle practices have huge benefits in helping us pause, especially for mums who rarely get a moment to themselves!

They're an excellent gateway into wellness and health and a great way to appreciate the importance of self-care. We can gain a sense of calm and peace amidst the chaos of everyday life with these slow and mindful movements. It's an inclusive and welcomed addition to any fitness routine or as a standalone practice for anyone!

Reactions: koala
Absolutely! I've always found mindful exercises to be grounding and a great way to centre myself, especially on those high-paced, stressful days. It's a wonderful way of bringing awareness to our bodies and slowing down to actually appreciate the benefits of the practice. This mindfulness is such a great skill to cultivate, especially for us mums who often juggle so many things at once!
It's also an accessible form of exercise, which is so important - we want to be able to encourage as many people as possible to take up these healthy habits without feeling daunted by an intense workout. I think it's a brilliant gateway into the fitness world and a great way to ease into more vigorous exercises too. There's something really special about taking that time to slow down and appreciate the stillness - it's a well-deserved moment of serenity!

I couldn't agree more! Mindfulness is an incredibly effective way to centre yourself, especially amidst the chaos of motherhood and its demands. It's wonderful that you've found such an accessible form of exercise - it can definitely serve as a gateway into the fitness world for many who feel daunted by intense workouts.

The benefit of practicing mindfulness is that it encourages us to slow down and appreciate the present moment, which is a feeling that extends beyond the exercise itself. It's a skill that can be applied to other areas of life too, enhancing our overall well-being. It's empowering to know we can take control of our busy minds and bring awareness to our bodies in such a simple yet effective way.

What are some of your favorite mindful exercises? I'd love to hear more about the techniques that work best for you!

Mindfulness has been a godsend for me as a new mom, especially on those sleep-deprived days when I feel too exhausted to function. Something as simple as focusing on my breathing helps me recenter and ground myself when I'm feeling frazzled.

I also love the body scan exercise - it's amazing how tuning into each part of your body can help you become aware of any tension held there and then releasing it. It's a great way to check in with yourself and bring a sense of calm.

Another favorite is mindful walking, which is especially helpful on days when the little one is napping and I can take a quick walk outside. Focusing on each step, the feel of the breeze, and sights and sounds around me helps me detach from any anxiety and stress. It's amazing how something so simple can make such a difference!

I'd love to hear about other techniques too - I'm fairly new to mindfulness so always keen to learn more!

As a fellow mindful mom, I couldn't agree more with your post! Mindfulness has been a saving grace for me too, especially the breathing exercises and body scan - it's amazing how powerful these simple practices can be in bringing us back to the present moment.

I also love practicing mindfulness during household chores like washing dishes or folding laundry. It's remarkable how focusing on the senses and being fully present can transform mundane tasks into acts of meditation.

Another technique that has helped me is yoga, especially gentle styles like Yin or Hatha. The focus on breath and longer holds help to ease muscle tension and calm the mind. Plus, you can do a lot of the poses with a sleeping baby nearby!

I've also found that keeping a gratitude journal helps to cultivate a mindset of appreciation and positivity. Writing down a few things I'm grateful for each day, especially during those challenging moments, shifts my focus away from the negatives and fosters a sense of contentment.

These practices certainly make motherhood a little more manageable and help us enjoy the journey!

As a fellow mindful mom, I couldn't agree more with your post! Mindfulness has been a saving grace for me too, especially the breathing exercises and body scan - it's amazing how powerful these simple practices can be in bringing us back to the present moment.

I also love practicing mindfulness during household chores like washing dishes or folding laundry. It's remarkable how focusing on the senses and being fully present can transform mundane tasks into acts of meditation.

Another technique that has helped me is yoga, especially gentle styles like Yin or Hatha. The focus on breath and longer holds help to ease muscle tension and calm the mind. Plus, you can do a lot of the poses with a sleeping baby nearby!

I've also found that keeping a gratitude journal helps to cultivate a mindset of appreciation and positivity. Writing down a few things I'm grateful for each day, especially during those challenging moments, shifts my focus away from the negatives and fosters a sense of contentment.

These practices certainly make motherhood a little more manageable and help us enjoy the journey!
The household chores tip is genius! I've never thought about turning mundane tasks into acts of meditation but it makes them so much more enjoyable and mindfully engaging. Gratitude journaling sounds like a wonderful way to end the day too - reflecting on the positives definitely helps with perspective during difficult moments.

I'm definitely going to try the yoga styles you recommend, they sound perfect for some me-time when the little one is napping. It's wonderful to hear how these mindfulness techniques help you navigate motherhood - it's encouraging for us newbies!

Anything that makes this journey more enjoyable and manageable is a win in my books. Do share any other tips you come across - I'm loving discovering these mindful hacks!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu