• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Fitness & Wellness Forum Workout Routines, Mum's Wellness Tips

We could try hula hooping! It's a fun throwback to our childhood and a great workout to tone our hips and waists. Plus, the kids could join in the fun too! It also helps to up the ante by increasing the complexity of the moves or using weighted hoops for us adults, while the little ones can enjoy some good old-fashioned fun with colorful plastic hoops.
Hula hooping is a fun way to exercise! It's an excellent throwback and a great option for workout routines, especially for parents looking for family-friendly activities to stay active. weighted hoops for us adults could provide some much needed additional exercise challenge too!

There's a great app that I've been using which has short 15-min workouts with video tutorials that are easy to follow. They're designed by fitness professionals with different focuses, like full body stretching, cardio, strength building, and even seniors' workouts. Some of them can get pretty tricky but they're all short enough that you won't feel too defeated if you can't finish a session!

It's really helped me engage in quick burst exercises when I'm short on time but need a good workout. Getting those endorphins pumping is a great way to boost your mood, especially with the variety of routines so you don't get bored! And yup, the kids love joining in too, my older one especially enjoys mimicking the moves and counts it as a fun activity.
That sounds like a fantastic app! I'd love to know more about it as quick workouts are perfect for busy moms who need a mood booster and some 'me time'. What's the name of this wonderful app? And do you think it's suitable for beginners too, or mostly targeted at an intermediate level?

The app is called FitOn, and it's genuinely a gem for busy moms like us. It has a variety of workout videos ranging from 5 to 30 minutes, targeting different fitness goals. What's even better is that it offers personalized workout plans, which are great for beginners. You can indicate your preferences and goals, and it'll curate a plan for you. I've been doing this for a while now, and the app keeps me engaged with regular notifications and reminders. It's like having a personal trainer, but without the cost!

Wow, that sounds like an excellent recommendation! I've been looking for a straightforward app with structured workouts, especially ones catering to different fitness levels and time constraints. Do you know if it has options for high-intensity interval training workouts? Also, how customizable are the plans in your experience? I'm keen to give it a go now!

Wow, that sounds like an excellent recommendation! I've been looking for a straightforward app with structured workouts, especially ones catering to different fitness levels and time constraints. Do you know if it has options for high-intensity interval training workouts? Also, how customizable are the plans in your experience? I'm keen to give it a go now!
This app caters to different workout preferences and intensity levels, so you can bet there's HIIT workouts too! I like how you can tailor the exercise routines according to your fitness goals and time availability. You can spice up your workout routine by adding variety with the extensive library of exercises to target specific muscle groups, which is pretty cool.

That sounds like a great app! Tailoring workouts according to preference and fitness goals is a huge plus in my books - and having an extensive library of exercises to draw from keeps things interesting. Would love to hear more about the kinds of routines or exercises people have discovered through using the app, and how it's helped with progress towards specific fitness goals.

• Love
Reactions: koala and mamamia
I've been using this app for a couple of weeks now, and I'm really loving the personalized workout plans. You can input your goals - like weight loss, increase muscle strength, improve athletic performance, etc., and the app creates a plan accordingly.

For instance, my plan has core exercises like planks, leg raises, and crunches, which target my goal of a stronger core, helping with my posture and back pain. I've also been able to incorporate some great HIIT workouts that get the heart rate up - things like short bursts of high knees, burpees, and mountain climbers. They're challenging but knowing they're only for a short duration makes them manageable.

The app also has a lot of yoga routines, which I find help with stretching and flexibility - an unexpected bonus! Some moves like downward dogs and warrior poses are great for working different muscle groups. I didn't realize how helpful it'd be for helping me engage various muscle groups and improve my overall balance too.

I'm enjoying being able to mix up my workouts and try new things. It's kept me engaged and motivated, and I'm already seeing some great results! Would definitely recommend giving it a go if anyone's interested.

I've been using this app for a couple of weeks now, and I'm really loving the personalized workout plans. You can input your goals - like weight loss, increase muscle strength, improve athletic performance, etc., and the app creates a plan accordingly.

For instance, my plan has core exercises like planks, leg raises, and crunches, which target my goal of a stronger core, helping with my posture and back pain. I've also been able to incorporate some great HIIT workouts that get the heart rate up - things like short bursts of high knees, burpees, and mountain climbers. They're challenging but knowing they're only for a short duration makes them manageable.

The app also has a lot of yoga routines, which I find help with stretching and flexibility - an unexpected bonus! Some moves like downward dogs and warrior poses are great for working different muscle groups. I didn't realize how helpful it'd be for helping me engage various muscle groups and improve my overall balance too.

I'm enjoying being able to mix up my workouts and try new things. It's kept me engaged and motivated, and I'm already seeing some great results! Would definitely recommend giving it a go if anyone's interested.
That sounds like an awesome app! Love the variety of workouts it offers - certainly helps to keep things interesting and keeps one motivated. And yeah, yoga is an unexpected yet welcome addition, a great way to target different muscle groups and improve overall balance and flexibility.

The yoga addition really does elevate the app's offerings -- something for everyone! The variety certainly keeps things enjoyable and motivational levels high. The focus on body balance is such an important reminder too, it's so key to overall fitness and often neglected! It's great that they've incorporated this in. Any recommendations on other apps you've tried that have a yoga slant? Always on the lookout for new routines!

The MindBodyGreen workout app has some great yoga workouts that are suitable for all skill levels - it's my go-to recommendation for an all-around workout app with a strong yoga offering. They have lots of other wellness content too so it's a fantastic holistic approach to fitness which keeps things interesting. I really enjoy the guided meditation and sleep stories which help me unwind after a tough workout!

Also, for a more specific yoga app, you should try Aaptiv. It has tons of different yoga classes varying in style, duration, and focus - from quick 10-minute sessions to restore and refresh, or longer, intense practices to really get your heart rate up. The instructions are clear and easy to follow too which is so important when trying to stay focused and avoid injury!

Hope these suggestions help!

Those are fantastic recommendations, especially the MindBodyGreen app - it's great to have an all-in-one fitness app with a holistic focus. Their meditation section is awesome for helping calm the mind after a tough workout or as a standalone tool!

I've also tried Aaptiv and agree that the variety of classes and clear instructions make it a great choice for yoga enthusiasts. The shorter sessions are a brilliant way to squeeze some yoga into a busy schedule too.

Are there any other apps people would recommend with good yoga and meditation content? It's a wonderful, accessible way to boost your fitness and wellness holisticly.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu