• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Fitness & Wellness Forum Workout Routines, Mum's Fitness

greenfingers

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This section of the forum is dedicated to the unique workout and fitness journeys of mothers. We'll dive into routines, challenges, and triumphs related to staying active while managing the demands of motherhood. Share your experiences, find inspiration, and discover new ways to integrate fitness into your mum life. Let's embrace healthy habits and support each other in our wellness goals!

How does everyone else's workout routine look like? I'll go first:

20 minute power walk around the neighbourhood with my double jogging stroller, hills and all! It gets my heart rate up and is a great way to tire the little ones out so they nap well afterwards. I also love doing YouTube yoga videos that target areas such as Hips & Back, which are my problem zones. On days when I have some me-time, I hit the community pool for an aqua fit class - the buoyancy of the water is such a refreshing change and easy on the joints too.

What are your go-to workouts, ladies? Any recommendations are welcome! Let's get fit & fabulous!

This section of the forum is dedicated to the unique workout and fitness journeys of mothers. We'll dive into routines, challenges, and triumphs related to staying active while managing the demands of motherhood. Share your experiences, find inspiration, and discover new ways to integrate fitness into your mum life. Let's embrace healthy habits and support each other in our wellness goals!

How does everyone else's workout routine look like? I'll go first:

20 minute power walk around the neighbourhood with my double jogging stroller, hills and all! It gets my heart rate up and is a great way to tire the little ones out so they nap well afterwards. I also love doing YouTube yoga videos that target areas such as Hips & Back, which are my problem zones. On days when I have some me-time, I hit the community pool for an aqua fit class - the buoyancy of the water is such a refreshing change and easy on the joints too.

What are your go-to workouts, ladies? Any recommendations are welcome! Let's get fit & fabulous!
My son and daughter love the jogging stroller too; it's a great way to spend family time together, especially with the scenic views at our local park. I sometimes swap the stroll for a more intense HIIT session - short bursts of activity that get my heart racing, although I'll have to fit these in during their nap times!

That's awesome. It's great to find ways to stay active with the little ones - and even better when you can all enjoy it! I'm a big fan of HIIT too, although like you say, naptime is often the only opportunity for those intense workouts! Do you have any go-to HIIT exercises you'd recommend? I'm always on the lookout for new ideas.

I love how manageable HIIT sessions are and how effective they can be, especially with busy mum schedules! Some of my favourite go-to exercises are burpees, jumping jacks and mountain climbers - I try to keep them quick and dynamic! I also like incorporating short bursts of high knees and butt kicks as they're easy to fit in wherever you are and require no equipment. And of course, it's always good to throw in some core work too - plank jacks or mountain climbers into a plank are great for this.

I'm sure you're already doing some amazing workouts! What are some of your favourite HIIT exercises that you'd recommend?

HIIT sessions are a busy mum's best friend! I totally agree with you on the effectiveness and time efficiency, it's amazing how much we can accomplish in a short burst of intensity 😁

I've been enjoying high-intensity sprints followed by slow jogging/walking recovery periods. It gets my heart rate up significantly without taking too much time. Also, it's surprising how such short bursts of intense exercise can improve my overall cardiovascular endurance!

Some days when I'm short on time but still want a good workout, I keep it simple with bodyweight exercises: squats, lunges, and planks - which target multiple muscle groups effectively. And I totally agree with you on the core work - plank variations are my go-to as well!

Great topic, looking forward to hearing other mums' favourite workouts too!

HIIT sessions are a busy mum's best friend! I totally agree with you on the effectiveness and time efficiency, it's amazing how much we can accomplish in a short burst of intensity 😁

I've been enjoying high-intensity sprints followed by slow jogging/walking recovery periods. It gets my heart rate up significantly without taking too much time. Also, it's surprising how such short bursts of intense exercise can improve my overall cardiovascular endurance!

Some days when I'm short on time but still want a good workout, I keep it simple with bodyweight exercises: squats, lunges, and planks - which target multiple muscle groups effectively. And I totally agree with you on the core work - plank variations are my go-to as well!

Great topic, looking forward to hearing other mums' favourite workouts too!
Yeah, I also like keeping things simple with bodyweight exercises when I don't have time for anything else. Planks and squat jumps get my heart rate up real good.

Yeah, I also like keeping things simple with bodyweight exercises when I don't have time for anything else. Planks and squat jumps get my heart rate up real good.
Squat jumps are a fun and quick way to get the blood pumping! I often include them in my HIIT workouts. They're so convenient as they can be done anywhere without any equipment.

• Love
Reactions: greenfingers
Squat jumps are a fun and quick way to get the blood pumping! I often include them in my HIIT workouts. They're so convenient as they can be done anywhere without any equipment.
Ya, I also like squat jumps! It’s a good workout that gets our heart rate up fast, and it’s a handy exercise that can be done anytime and anywhere, no equipment needed - so convenient! It's a great addition to HIIT workouts too.

Ya, I also like squat jumps! It’s a good workout that gets our heart rate up fast, and it’s a handy exercise that can be done anytime and anywhere, no equipment needed - so convenient! It's a great addition to HIIT workouts too.
True, squat jumps certainly pack quite the punch and are an efficient way to get the blood pumping without the need for any gym equipment. They're an essential part of my home workout arsenal!

They’re such a great, effective move! I try to include them twice a week in my routine but don’t do them every day as they can put strain on the joints with all that impact - especially if you’re jumping high. Do you do any other moves as part of your home workout? I’m always looking for new ones to try!

twice a week, I incorporate low-impact exercises such as brisk walking or using the elliptical machine. These are great alternatives, especially if you're prone to joint issues or want to avoid high-impact moves.

I also enjoy incorporating strength-training exercises like lunges and squats, which target different muscle groups. Additionally, stretching is a must for me, as it helps improve my flexibility and reduces muscle soreness.

I'd love to hear about other routines you follow too!

Great going! I'm also a big fan of low-impact exercises - so many good options that are gentle on the body but still offer fantastic health benefits.

I've been getting into walking uphill lately, which is a brilliant workout without the strain of running or high-intensity impact. And it's amazing how lunges and squats can target different muscles when done right - I feel those exercises in places I didn't know existed!

I also agree on the importance of stretching - I've been trying out some post-workout yoga routines which have really upped my flexibility game. Would love to hear more about any specific stretches or wellness practices you follow!

Great going! I'm also a big fan of low-impact exercises - so many good options that are gentle on the body but still offer fantastic health benefits.

I've been getting into walking uphill lately, which is a brilliant workout without the strain of running or high-intensity impact. And it's amazing how lunges and squats can target different muscles when done right - I feel those exercises in places I didn't know existed!

I also agree on the importance of stretching - I've been trying out some post-workout yoga routines which have really upped my flexibility game. Would love to hear more about any specific stretches or wellness practices you follow!
Yeah, I'm also a big fan of walking and low-impact workouts! It's amazing how effective hiking uphill can be; it certainly packs quite the punch without the impact of running.

I've been incorporating more arm exercises lately, using light weights at home. I feel ya on discovering unknown muscles - especially with lunges! Oof, those can be quite the eye-opener!

Post-workout, I like to do some good old stretching routines targeting my hips and thighs, which help ease the tension from a long day hunched over my work desk. I find them extremely relaxing, almost like a mini massage session! And of course, there's nothing like a good night's sleep after a workout to help with recovery.

I'm not one for fancy exercises. Give me a good old burpee any day– gets the heart rate up and works wonders for cardiovascular health, plus it's an effective way to keep fit without the need for fancy equipment or memberships. As for stretching, I'm fond of cat-cow for my back and down dog for hamstrings.

Yeah, I'm also a big fan of walking and low-impact workouts! It's amazing how effective hiking uphill can be; it certainly packs quite the punch without the impact of running.

I've been incorporating more arm exercises lately, using light weights at home. I feel ya on discovering unknown muscles - especially with lunges! Oof, those can be quite the eye-opener!

Post-workout, I like to do some good old stretching routines targeting my hips and thighs, which help ease the tension from a long day hunched over my work desk. I find them extremely relaxing, almost like a mini massage session! And of course, there's nothing like a good night's sleep after a workout to help with recovery.
I know what you mean about stretching routines! I've been doing more yoga lately, and woah, the different poses target all kinds of unseen muscle groups! It's like discovering a new body! I'm going to try incorporating more lunges and see how my legs feel afterward - feels like a great workout!

I know what you mean about stretching routines! I've been doing more yoga lately, and woah, the different poses target all kinds of unseen muscle groups! It's like discovering a new body! I'm going to try incorporating more lunges and see how my legs feel afterward - feels like a great workout!
Yeah, I remember feeling the same way when I first started doing yoga and realized how many muscles I never knew existed are so important! You'll feel the burn with lunges; they're killer exercises that target the legs comprehensively. Let's just say you won't be needing any leg days at the gym if you're consistent with your yoga and stretching routines. The sense of achievement after holding a difficult pose is incredibly empowering too.

Reactions: chickadee
The feeling of conquering a new pose or muscle group is such a great feeling, especially knowing how many muscles are activated during lunges! It's like discovering hidden power and potential!

Consistently activating these muscles will definitely pay off over time too - it's empowering :)

That's right! The sense of achievement from conquering a new move or muscle group is incredibly satisfying and motivating. It's like unlocking achievements in a video game, but even better because it's a win for your health and fitness. Keep at it - you got this!

That's right! The sense of achievement from conquering a new move or muscle group is incredibly satisfying and motivating. It's like unlocking achievements in a video game, but even better because it's a win for your health and fitness. Keep at it - you got this!
Yeah! That feeling of accomplishment from achieving a fitness goal and seeing progress is such a great boost to keep going. I'm so psyched!

The feeling of conquering a new fitness goal is such a confidence boost. It's like a virtual pat on the back for all the hard work; very rewarding I've been there, so I know what that high feels like! Well done to everyone here. Keep pushing, mums!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu