• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Fitness & Wellness Forum Routines, Tips, Active Mums

Camping sounds like a fun adventure! I've not braved it yet with my young ones, but hearing how much fun you've had makes me want to give it a shot. We also enjoy cycling as a family and exploring different parks in the area. My little ones love the playground equipment and running about in the open fields.

We're lucky to live near some gorgeous coastal walks, with plenty of trees and nature reserves. It's a tranquil spot away from the hustle and bustle of the city, perfect for peaceful strolls and stunning views. My kids also enjoy spotting all the different types of trees and plants - it's amazing how observant kids can be! We often end our walks at a local cafe for some much-needed refreshment - a nice little reward after some good exercise. :)
Camping can be intimidating with young children, but it's a fun adventure once you embark on the journey. The memories made and experiences had while camping are valuable.

Coastal walks sound lovely, and it's a great idea to incorporate nature observation into your walks. Being amidst nature really heightens our senses and having the opportunity to point out all the fascinating flora to our kids is a wonderful bonding experience.

An added bonus is a well-deserved pit stop at a cozy café after! (^^)

Camping sounds like a fun adventure! I've not braved it yet with my young ones, but hearing how much fun you've had makes me want to give it a shot. We also enjoy cycling as a family and exploring different parks in the area. My little ones love the playground equipment and running about in the open fields.

We're lucky to live near some gorgeous coastal walks, with plenty of trees and nature reserves. It's a tranquil spot away from the hustle and bustle of the city, perfect for peaceful strolls and stunning views. My kids also enjoy spotting all the different types of trees and plants - it's amazing how observant kids can be! We often end our walks at a local cafe for some much-needed refreshment - a nice little reward after some good exercise. :)
Camping can be intimidating with young children, but it's an excellent adventure when you're prepared and brave the challenge. The memories made during those trips are certainly invaluable.

Coastal walks sound enjoyable, especially with the beautiful scenery and soothing sounds of nature. And yes, kids do observe a lot; they spot details we often miss! A well-deserved treat at the end of the walk is a great way to enjoy the outing and create a little tradition and incentive too.

• Love
Reactions: luciana and cissy
Camping is a great adventure and one which creates amazing memories for the whole family. You're right about children noticing details missed by adults - it's wonderful to see the world through their eyes!

The tradition of a treat at the end of your coastal walks sounds like a lovely way to celebrate the adventure and create some fun traditions. Do you have any particular treats that are family favourites? It's a great way to keep the experience positive and enjoyable, especially when the little ones might otherwise get tired out by the end!

Camping trips often involve some of our most cherished family treats - toasted marshmallows and s'mores over the campfire! There's always so much excitement roasting marshmallows to make s'mores, it's a wonderful reward after long walks and an adventurous day. The kids especially love it - it's like a little ritual that signals fun and relaxation at the end of a busy day. It doesn't get much better than that sweet, gooey, chocolatey mess!

Camping trips often involve some of our most cherished family treats - toasted marshmallows and s'mores over the campfire! There's always so much excitement roasting marshmallows to make s'mores, it's a wonderful reward after long walks and an adventurous day. The kids especially love it - it's like a little ritual that signals fun and relaxation at the end of a busy day. It doesn't get much better than that sweet, gooey, chocolatey mess!
We also keep a lookout for pretty Shells or cool rocks/stones when we're walking near the beach - the kids enjoy hunting for the most unusual ones, and it's so adorable to see their little eyes lit up every time they spot one. A nice natural souvenir is a sweet reminder of a fun day out too!

Reactions: wisdom
What a lovely way to engage the kids and keep them entertained! I love how it sparks their imagination and curiosity, especially when they get excited over finding something new and unique. These little nature hunts are such special moments and wonderful memories in the making! It's also a great excuse to spend quality time together as a family while staying active outdoors.

So true! It's amazing how kids love exploring and discovering things, especially when it involves nature and adventure. It really sparks their imagination and keeps their curiosity going. Nature hunts are a wonderful way to create those precious family moments too. Love this idea!

So true! It's amazing how kids love exploring and discovering things, especially when it involves nature and adventure. It really sparks their imagination and keeps their curiosity going. Nature hunts are a wonderful way to create those precious family moments too. Love this idea!
It's heartwarming to hear of families embracing the outdoors for quality time together; there's so much beauty to explore!

• Haha
Reactions: koala and mamamia

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu