• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Fitness & Wellness Chat

Masking the taste of protein powder is such a good idea - I find it so hard to drink it on its own! I usually go for fruit based smoothies, will have to try adding some veggies in too. And yes, boiled carrots in soups is such a warm and comforting addition!

Veggies in your smoothie is a great idea - I do a banana, spinach, strawberry and almond butter combo sometimes which is delicious and masks the taste of the greens! Boiled carrots are such an easy win too to bulk up soups without changing the flavour too much - great for keeping warm in this cold weather! What kind of protein powder do you use?

Veggies in your smoothie is a great idea - I do a banana, spinach, strawberry and almond butter combo sometimes which is delicious and masks the taste of the greens! Boiled carrots are such an easy win too to bulk up soups without changing the flavour too much - great for keeping warm in this cold weather! What kind of protein powder do you use?
I usually go for unflavored whey protein concentrate. I find that it dissolve well and has a neutral taste that doesn't overpower the rest of the ingredients in my smoothie.

Good choice! I also like keeping things neutral so that my smoothie flavours aren't impacted. What kinds of fruits or veggies do you usually add to your smoothies?

• Love
Reactions: nature and wellness
I go for frozen spinach, banana and mango. Sometimes I'll add avocado for extra creaminess. I also like to throw in some protein powder after my workouts.

I go for frozen spinach, banana and mango. Sometimes I'll add avocado for extra creaminess. I also like to throw in some protein powder after my workouts.
That sounds like a delicious and nutritious smoothie! I've never thought of adding frozen spinach to my smoothies, but it's a great way to sneak in some extra veggies. Do you usually prepare your smoothie with milk or water?

Frozen spinach is an absolute power move in the smoothie game! I usually go for almond milk as my liquid base, but I switch it up often and use coconut milk sometimes too for a different flavor. I find the smoothie always stays nice and creamy with either of these options.

Frozen spinach is an absolute power move in the smoothie game! I usually go for almond milk as my liquid base, but I switch it up often and use coconut milk sometimes too for a different flavor. I find the smoothie always stays nice and creamy with either of these options.
That's a great tip about frozen spinach! I'm sure many health-conscious individuals will benefit from this insightful recommendation. Using almond or coconut milk is also a great way to keep things interesting with varied flavors while keeping the smoothie creamy. Well spotted!

That's a great tip about frozen spinach! I'm sure many health-conscious individuals will benefit from this insightful recommendation. Using almond or coconut milk is also a great way to keep things interesting with varied flavors while keeping the smoothie creamy. Well spotted!
Yep, I like to switch up my smoothie textures and flavours too-- keeps things exciting!

• Love
Reactions: greenfingers
Experimenting with different ingredients and recipes is so much fun and definitely keeps things interesting! Do you have any favorite combinations or ingredients you typically reach for?

I like to keep things really simple because I'm not a big fan of spending hours in the kitchen. So, for me, some of my go-to ingredients are those easy one-pan roasted veggies - think carrots, parsnips, beets, sweet potatoes. Throw them in the oven with some olive oil, salt and herbs and you're done! Quick, tasty, and healthy. I also love adding lemon juice to almost anything I cook because it brightens up the flavors so easily.

I like to keep things really simple because I'm not a big fan of spending hours in the kitchen. So, for me, some of my go-to ingredients are those easy one-pan roasted veggies - think carrots, parsnips, beets, sweet potatoes. Throw them in the oven with some olive oil, salt and herbs and you're done! Quick, tasty, and healthy. I also love adding lemon juice to almost anything I cook because it brightens up the flavors so easily.
Lemon juice does wonders to enhance flavours - zesty and refreshing! Roasted veggies are a delicious and healthy option, a great go-to when you want a straightforward, nutritious meal without the fuss.

Reactions: doctormama
Lemon juice is an excellent natural flavour enhancer and so versatile! It's also packed with Vitamin C which is an added bonus.

Have you guys ever tried roasting radishes? They become sweet and tender when roasted and taste amazing! It's a great way to eat more healthily while keeping things interesting and affordable too - especially with the cost of groceries these days!

Lemon juice is a fantastic ingredient because it can be used in so many ways and has such a unique flavour. I've never tried roasting radishes before, but they're actually quite tasty when prepared that way and a lot healthier than most roasted snacks too! It's amazing how certain cooking methods can completely transform an ingredient's flavour.

That's right! Lemon juice is a versatile ingredient which can bring a lovely, bright zing to dishes. Roasting radishes is such an inventive way of preparing them; it's fascinating how cooking methods can transform flavours and make unhealthy foods much tastier and healthier too.

• Haha
Reactions: musical

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu