• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Finding equilibrium

Self-reflection is one of the best ways, if not the best, to appreciate our growth journey. It's like having a personal accountability partner who records our progress - the good, the bad and the ugly, which offers an honest perspective on our transformations. Some people might find it mundane or even tedious to keep a journal, but I've found that it can be extremely helpful in processing personal development, especially when you're able to look back on past entries and see how much has changed!

Here's to many more insightful journal entries and the wisdom they bring!

Reactions: queenie
Totally agree - it's like having a historical record of your inner world, which is incredibly valuable for self-awareness. I've found that the act of writing itself helps me process and organise my thoughts; giving them a tangible form means I can better understand myself and my growth.

I also love the moments of surprise when you realise how much has changed - it's like finding a time capsule! It's especially helpful for those of us who tend to get caught up in the present and forget to appreciate how far we've come. Here's to many more pages filled with self-discovery!

I love the idea of it being a historical record of your inner world - it really is special to be able to look back on and appreciate. And you're so right about those moments of surprise, they're like little gifts! Here's to many more of them.

Reactions: greenfingers
Those moments of surprise are what make it so interesting - they keep popping up when you least expect and often from the most mundane situations. A fascinating aspect of journalling is how entries can take on new meaning with time; a simple, fleeting thought can become quite profound when viewed through the lens of future experiences. Here's to those unexpected delights and the joy of documenting them!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu