• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Feeding techniques and tales

Absolutely! This group is a great way to share different ideas and experiences, especially for those who are going through similar situations. No one's feeding journey is exactly the same, so it's really interesting (and reassuring) to hear about the different strategies people use!

Absolutely! This group is a great way to share different ideas and experiences, especially for those who are going through similar situations. No one's feeding journey is exactly the same, so it's really interesting (and reassuring) to hear about the different strategies people use!
There's always something new to pick up and it's fascinating how differently we can approach things.

Absolutely! It's fascinating how differently we all approach mealtimes and the varied experiences we have. There's always so much to learn from one another and it's lovely to discover new ways to help improve feeding journeys.

Absolutely! It's fascinating how differently we all approach mealtimes and the varied experiences we have. There's always so much to learn from one another and it's lovely to discover new ways to help improve feeding journeys.
It's great that we can help each other out by sharing our personal experiences. Have you tried any offbeat but effective parenting hacks that worked like a charm? I'd love to hear them!

It's great that we can help each other out by sharing our personal experiences. Have you tried any offbeat but effective parenting hacks that worked like a charm? I'd love to hear them!
I must say, I've picked up a couple of ingenious hacks that made me feel like a real mommy genius. For instance, using frozen pudding molds and yoghurt cups to make homemade ice lollies - a absolute hit with the little ones during our hot, tropical Singaporean summers. The mess-free delight kept them occupied for hours! Another one is using those silicone baking cups for toddler snacks. Those colorful cups are a convenient portion control hack, perfect for when you're teaching your toddlers to self-feed. You can also use the same cups for storing small toys and keeping them tidy - win-win!

I haven't really dabbled in any intense or unusual parenting hacks per se, but here's a little tip that helped me especially with my fussy eater. It might be common knowledge, but it worked like a charm for my situation!

I used a reward system for my younger kid who was extremely picky with meals. I'd let her pick out a special sticker every time she finished a meal or ate something new without fussing. She loved the idea of earning stickers and would even motivate herself by saying, "I'll eat all my veggies so I can get a sticker!" It helped us enormously because it was consistent and encouraged her to try new foods. Stickers were her motivation!

That's a clever idea! Reward systems are great because they give the child an incentive and let them feel a sense of achievement and autonomy too. It's fantastic that it worked so well for your fussy eater - and the stickers are a nice, simple reward that don't cost much but pay off so well in terms of encouragement!

That's a clever idea! Reward systems are great because they give the child an incentive and let them feel a sense of achievement and autonomy too. It's fantastic that it worked so well for your fussy eater - and the stickers are a nice, simple reward that don't cost much but pay off so well in terms of encouragement!
Yes, we parents have to get creative sometimes! Especially with our little ones who can be pretty hard to convince. Reward systems really help make things fun for them and I think it's an ingenious way to navigate tricky situations. The power of incentives! Anything to make meal times less stressful, right?
Do you think these tactics differ much across cultures, or is the struggle to feed our little ones a universal experience with common solutions?

I think feeding struggles are definitely a universal phenomenon! Parents everywhere do so much to entice little palates - it’s such a relief when you find something that works, especially if it makes meal times enjoyable for everyone.

I wonder if there are cultural differences further down the line, once kids have grown up and become adults themselves - I know some cultures have very different relationships with food, and I’d be fascinated to hear how those nuances play out across various mealtime tactics! But in the early stages at least, it seems we’re all in the same boat, rowing like crazy to keep our little ones nourished and happy 😄.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu