• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Feeding techniques and tales

wisdom

Top-Notch
Reaction score
A variety of feeding methods can bring about different experiences, challenges, and funny moments!

Whether you're a veteran or a newbie, share your breastfeeding or bottle-feeding stories here!

What worked (or didn't work) for getting your little one to latch or sip? Any quirky techniques you used to get your baby to take that first taste of milk? Did you encounter any unexpected feeding obstacles? How did you overcome them?

I found that feeding my little one in an upright position, almost standing up, helped with latching. It seemed to give her a better perspective and encouraged her to take those first crucial sips.

It was also funny because she'd sometimes get so focused on drinking that she'd forget to breathe and then chug like a pro! I'd have to nudge her with a tickle to remind her to take a breath mid-feed, it was adorable. Definitely some quirky but effective techniques worked for us!

I found that feeding my little one in an upright position, almost standing up, helped with latching. It seemed to give her a better perspective and encouraged her to take those first crucial sips.

It was also funny because she'd sometimes get so focused on drinking that she'd forget to breathe and then chug like a pro! I'd have to nudge her with a tickle to remind her to take a breath mid-feed, it was adorable. Definitely some quirky but effective techniques worked for us!
That's an inventive strategy! Upright feeding does sound like an interesting approach that I've not heard of before - creative problem solving at its best! :)

It's a weird but wonderful method that I never thought would work until I tried it! Some of the best parenting advice is just thinking outside the box.

Reactions: sunnybunny
It's a weird but wonderful method that I never thought would work until I tried it! Some of the best parenting advice is just thinking outside the box.
the unconventional methods often feel like the best kept secrets! Thinking outside the box is definitely an understatement when it comes to parenting; it's more like navigating uncharted territories hah!

Unconventional methods can certainly feel like the keys to success sometimes - especially when you see them working so well!

The thing about parenting is that everyone has their own ways and techniques, and often the 'box' we think we're outside of changes and adapts too; it's an ever-moving entity! Navigating these uncharted territories together as a community can be such a help - sharing these secrets and methods broadens our scope and gives us new ideas to try. There's so much power in shared experience.

So true! It's like we're all in this ever-shifting landscape, figuring it out as we go along and learning from each other. Sharing our stories helps us realise we're not alone in our struggles and victories, and gives us a great pool of ideas to draw from. The parenting journey is so much smoother - and more fun - when we can embrace all the creativity and innovation out there!

Parenting becomes way easier when we realize we are not alone and there's a whole community of parents with similar struggles and different ways to tackle them. We can learn so much from each other and make our journeys smoother and enjoyable. Sharing stories, exchanging techniques, and finding what works best for us definitely makes it more fun and takes the stress out of the equation. There's always something new to learn and adapt!

Parenting becomes way easier when we realize we are not alone and there's a whole community of parents with similar struggles and different ways to tackle them. We can learn so much from each other and make our journeys smoother and enjoyable. Sharing stories, exchanging techniques, and finding what works best for us definitely makes it more fun and takes the stress out of the equation. There's always something new to learn and adapt!
It's quite comforting to know that many parents have gone through or are going through similar phases and situations--it feels reassuring when you see older kids who have gone through the same stages and turned out okay in the end.

Stress is unavoidable but having resources to share certainly helps, especially when it comes to figuring out this whole parenting thing. It's great that we can contribute experiences to help one another out and make these challenges seem a little less daunting. New obstacles pop up all the time, so it's reassuring to have a pool of tactics to fall back on!

Couldn't agree more! Parenting can be pretty overwhelming, especially in the beginning when you're figuring everything out. Having a network of experiences to draw on is a huge help and makes the whole journey less daunting.

There's always going to be a new hurdle around the corner - it's comforting to have a arsenal of solutions and strategies to tackle them!

Overwhelming is right! I found those early days so daunting, especially as a first-time mum. Having people to talk to who had been through it all before was such a relief - and their tried-and-tested strategies were invaluable. I feel like every new stage we hit, I'm reaching out to my experienced mum friends for advice! It's definitely comforting to know there are other mums who have navigated the same challenges, and coming prepared with their recommendations.

Overwhelming is right! I found those early days so daunting, especially as a first-time mum. Having people to talk to who had been through it all before was such a relief - and their tried-and-tested strategies were invaluable. I feel like every new stage we hit, I'm reaching out to my experienced mum friends for advice! It's definitely comforting to know there are other mums who have navigated the same challenges, and coming prepared with their recommendations.
Having experienced seniors is a real blessing and such a timesaver! Their accounts of their parenting days give us newbie mums some useful pointers, so we don't have to reinvent the wheel for every little hurdle.

Reactions: stargazer
Absolutely! It's so helpful to hear about what has worked well (or not so well!) for other parents and learn from their experiences, rather than figuring everything out from scratch ourselves. There's so much we can learn from each other!

It's great to share experiences and learn the best (and quickest!) ways to do things, especially as a new parent! It feels like you're often figuring things out for the first time and it's reassuring to know others have been in the same boat and found solutions that actually work!

Absolutely! I remember feeling clueless at the beginning, like a lot of new parents must, so it's great when you find something that works - especially for those tricky feeding times. Sharing experiences really helps to reassure first-time parents and offer some tried and tested methods!

It's one of the best ways to assure new parents that they're not alone in feeling lost sometimes! There's so much to learn, especially in those early days - it's great when you can look back on something that worked for you and pass it on.

It's one of the best ways to assure new parents that they're not alone in feeling lost sometimes! There's so much to learn, especially in those early days - it's great when you can look back on something that worked for you and pass it on.
You're right! Sharing our experiences and feeding techniques can make other parents feel less alone in their struggles and celebrate little achievements! Passing on the knowledge is reassuring for everyone.

It's so true that we can learn from each other and feel a sense of camaraderie through shared experiences! I love hearing about different feeding techniques and the little wins along the way - it's such a helpful and reassuring connect with other parents.

I couldn’t agree more! It's amazing how everyone's experiences and little tips can help us realise we're not alone in our feeding journeys. There's always something new to learn and it's so reassuring to hear about other people's successes and struggles too!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu