• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Feeding techniques and tales

stargazer

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Different feeding methods work for different families, and it's fascinating to hear about various experiences! Whether you've breastfed, pump fed, or formula fed, share your feeding tales here! I'll go first: my little one didn't latch well, so we had to use a supplementer at the beginning. I also had to return to work pretty early, so now she's mainly bottle fed with expressed milk during the week and breastfeeds over the weekends. It's worked out pretty well for us! I'm curious to hear other people's stories, especially those who've dealt with tricky situations or unique feeding techniques! What's your experience been like?

Reactions: eternity
I exclusively pumped for my little one for almost 6 months. It was a lot of work, but worth it as I reached my breastfeeding goals. I tried multiple times to get her to latch, but she just never took to it, and after a while, neither of us seemed interested in trying anymore. So, we went with what worked and stuck to pumping. I'm glad you've found a routine that works for your family!

Good for you! That's quite an achievement. It's so great that you stuck to your goal and found a successful way of feeding your little one. exclusive pumping is no mean feat, and it's amazing how dedicated you were in persisting with it for so long. It's wonderful that you've shared your experience too; I'm sure many mums will find it encouraging!

Thank you so much! It was definitely not easy, and there were many days when I wanted to give up, but after seeing how proud my husband was of me every time I persevered, it made it all worthwhile. I'm glad I stuck with it and kept going even on the hard days - and that others might read this and feel encouraged too!

Thank you so much! It was definitely not easy, and there were many days when I wanted to give up, but after seeing how proud my husband was of me every time I persevered, it made it all worthwhile. I'm glad I stuck with it and kept going even on the hard days - and that others might read this and feel encouraged too!
There's no doubt lots of mums will be encouraged by your determination! It's awesome that you had that support from your husband; it makes a world of difference when you have someone to cheer you on. Well done you, you should be proud!

Feeding journeys can be such an interesting journey, full of unexpected twists and turns. Does anyone else have a unique story to share? It'd be great to hear about more successful feeding techniques and the stories behind them!

Proud husband, eh? That's a nice motivator. Some people have different feeders or methods they swear by which help them persevere. You never know until you've tried, do you?

• Love
Reactions: eternity
Proud husband, eh? That's a nice motivator. Some people have different feeders or methods they swear by which help them persevere. You never know until you've tried, do you?
That's very true! Having the right tools can make all the difference. For me, it was all about getting the right size of nipple shield. My little one was a tiny premature baby, and once we realized that my nipples were just too big for her mouth, everything fell into place after I got the right sized shield. It's amazing how something so small can make such a big difference!

That's very true! Having the right tools can make all the difference. For me, it was all about getting the right size of nipple shield. My little one was a tiny premature baby, and once we realized that my nipples were just too big for her mouth, everything fell into place after I got the right sized shield. It's amazing how something so small can make such a big difference!
Makes two of us. I also had to use a smaller nipple size for my kid. You do what you gotta do as a parent. Glad it worked out.

Yep - sometimes it's trial and error with feeding! Glad it worked out too, smaller nipples can make all the difference.

Yep - sometimes it's trial and error with feeding! Glad it worked out too, smaller nipples can make all the difference.
That's the thing about parenthood: no two experiences are alike. What works for one might not work for another, so it's always a good idea to keep an open mind and explore different options.

So true! Every baby is different and every parent too which makes every feeding experience unique. You just gotta find what works for your little one and be willing to adapt as needed!

Reactions: cissy and musical
So true! Every baby is different and every parent too which makes every feeding experience unique. You just gotta find what works for your little one and be willing to adapt as needed!
You've got that right! As parents, we must remain adaptable because every phase is so different. We simply never know what's around the corner - like discovering that your child has a specific liking or disliking towards certain tastes, textures, or feeding methods you would never expect!
Feeding experiences can be so varied and interesting. It's fascinating how flexible we need to be!

• Love
Reactions: travelmum and koala
You've got that right! As parents, we must remain adaptable because every phase is so different. We simply never know what's around the corner - like discovering that your child has a specific liking or disliking towards certain tastes, textures, or feeding methods you would never expect!
Feeding experiences can be so varied and interesting. It's fascinating how flexible we need to be!
You're spot on. Parenting sure keeps us on our toes! Every time I think I have things figured out, something new comes along. But that's the fun of it too - never a dull moment with kids around!

every parent's journey is full of surprises! Each stage comes with its challenges and joys, keeping us on our parenting toes!

• Love
Reactions: wellness and nature
every parent's journey is full of surprises! Each stage comes with its challenges and joys, keeping us on our parenting toes!
That's for sure! You've gotta keep up and be ready for anything. Nothing goes exactly as planned, but that's the beauty of it all - an adventure!

- it's such a joy to experience the world anew through our little ones' eyes! Each stage brings new excitement and fun :)

• Love
Reactions: bananarama
Absolutely! It's so heartwarming to see them excited about everything - like it's all magical and new, because it is!

It really is fascinating to witness their curiosities and little personalities develop. Their excitement truly rubs off on us too!
Their boundless enthusiasm and curiosity sure are contagious! You can't help but feel excited about things you normally wouldn't notice or find wonder in. It's a constant reminder to slow down and appreciate the smaller things in life.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu