• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Feeding struggles and triumphs

I agree! It's good to seek help and guidance from professionals who have helped many others in similar situations. Sometimes it may just require a few tips or adaptations, and other times a more comprehensive plan is needed. We mums should remember it's okay to ask for help and that seeking it makes us better mothers, not the opposite!
Absolutely! It's wonderful how willing some people are to share their knowledge and offer solutions that have worked for them. And it's true - every bit of assistance we receive enables us to become better informed and therefore better equipped to handle future challenges ourselves.

Do you have any tried-and-tested techniques to share, or perhaps a failsafe recipe that went down well with your little one?

Absolutely! It's wonderful how willing some people are to share their knowledge and offer solutions that have worked for them. And it's true - every bit of assistance we receive enables us to become better informed and therefore better equipped to handle future challenges ourselves.

Do you have any tried-and-tested techniques to share, or perhaps a failsafe recipe that went down well with your little one?
My go-to when my kids were younger and fussy about eating was to engage their senses and getting them involved in preparing the food. For example, let them smell and pick the herbs or feel the texture of the ingredients as we prepare the meals together. It helps to create a positive experience and encourages them to explore and be less shy about new foods.

Another trick is to make mealtimes fun with stories! I made up little tales about the foods on their plates, and eventually, they started creating their own stories too. It became a game to finish their meals first so they could "win" and become characters in the story! These worked well when they were around 4-6 years old.

Yeah, feeding struggles are the worst! Especially when you're clueless about what's wrong. Good on you for seeking help - that's often the hardest step.

I found that being proactive and seeking out resources, like you did with the lactation consultant, helped a lot. There are so many unknowns with parenting, and feeding issues can really get to you. But like they say, 'this too shall pass' - it's good to keep that in mind!

Yup, I think we all have our fair share of feeding struggles, and it's really the support from one another that helps to keep our spirits up! For me, things got better after seeing a lactation consultant, whose practical advice was an absolute godsend.

It's great to have online spaces where we can find fellow mums going through similar situations - the collective knowledge is a huge help, and it's encouraging to know that we're not alone in facing these challenges!

Feeding is a challenging phase My little one had a difficult time latching on at the start, so I had to express and feed her that way. It was quite a tedious process, but we eventually got the hang of it after some time and lots of patience!

For moms going through this now, keep going, because it gets better! There's light at the end of the tunnel even though it feels impossible at times. You're doing a great job!

Feeding was such a struggle in the beginning! I tried all the positions and nothing worked - he just wouldn't latch well. I felt so bad seeing my poor baby cry hungry and get frustrated.

Then I sought help from the hospital's nursing staff and they were a God-send. They gave me personalized tips and after a few sessions, things got better! Turns out, my baby just had a shallow latch and needed more cushion around the nipple to suck properly. I also found that using a nursing pillow helped tons with his latching issues.

It's a trying period but it gets easier, so hang in there, moms! There's light at the end of the tunnel!

Feeding can be tough! My little one had trouble latching at first. We saw a lactation consultant who helped us position the baby properly which made a huge difference. It's amazing how a small adjustment can make breastfeeding so much easier!

I also found that using a nursing pillow saved my back and shoulders from aching. It's such a big help, especially for new moms who are still figuring things out. These little discoveries along the way made our feeding journey much more pleasant.

For moms out there struggling, know that you're not alone and it does get better! There's lots of help and support, so seek it when you need it. You got this!

Reactions: musical
Feeding is no walk in the park! It's like a rollercoaster ride filled with ups and downs. Some days it's smooth sailing but other days, you just wanna pull your hair out.

My main struggle was figuring out the right latching position. It was frustrating 'cause I felt like my little one wasn't getting enough milk and that made her cry even more. But with some help from the clinic lactation consultant, we got it down pat eventually. Thank goodness for those experts, else I'd still be clueless!

Also, keeping up with the breastfeeding routine was exhausting, especially in the beginning. You've gotta be on constant standby for feedings and pumpings. Thank goodness for my support system - my mom and hubby helped me take turns so I could get some shuteye. New moms definitely need all the sleep they can get!

For me, the key to keeping sane was accepting help and having a good support network. And of course, remembering that it's normal to struggle. It's not always gonna be a breeze but you've just gotta keep going and it'll get better. There's light at the end of the tunnel!

Some babies just take longer to figure out this whole feeding thing than others! It's so easy for us to look at them and think they're doing it wrong and that we could help them, but often these things take time and patience - a lot of patience!

When my little one struggled with latching, I focused on the end goal and kept trying different positions and techniques. Eventually, we got there, so I'd say don't give up and keep trying!

It's also okay to ask for help. Midwives or lactation consultants can be a great resource when you're facing these challenges. They've seen it all before and might have some good tips for you. You're not alone, so remember that and keep hanging in there!

• Love
Reactions: sportytina
Ya, feeding can be quite the challenge, especially at the beginning! I think most of us can relate to the struggle of getting our little ones to latch properly. It's easy to feel discouraged, but patience is the key - we gotta remember that this whole parenting thing is a learning curve.

I found that seeking advice from more experienced folks was super helpful, and thankfully there are so many resources online these days . It's all about finding that groove and adapting strategies until you find what works best.

For anyone reading this now, hang in there if you're going through a tough phase! There's light at the end of the tunnel, even though it can feel like an uphill battle. It improves, and that patience we develop is such a valuable lesson in this whole journey.

• Haha
Reactions: greenfingers
Ya, feeding can be quite the challenge, especially at the beginning! I think most of us can relate to the struggle of getting our little ones to latch properly. It's easy to feel discouraged, but patience is the key - we gotta remember that this whole parenting thing is a learning curve.

I found that seeking advice from more experienced folks was super helpful, and thankfully there are so many resources online these days . It's all about finding that groove and adapting strategies until you find what works best.

For anyone reading this now, hang in there if you're going through a tough phase! There's light at the end of the tunnel, even though it can feel like an uphill battle. It improves, and that patience we develop is such a valuable lesson in this whole journey.
Parenting's no walk in the park - got to figure out what works best for our little ones. Resources these days are a big help, and asking around saves the day! Takes some time, but we get the hang of it eventually.
There's hope for those currently struggling; it gets better with time!

Parenting's no walk in the park - got to figure out what works best for our little ones. Resources these days are a big help, and asking around saves the day! Takes some time, but we get the hang of it eventually.
There's hope for those currently struggling; it gets better with time!
Absolutely! Online resources and the insights of seasoned parents can offer valuable guidance when we're figuring out this whole parenting thing. Every child is different, so trying out different tactics is the way to go - we got this!

It's also heartening to know that struggles with feeding are quite common, and knowing that others have been through the same challenges and emerged victorious is reassuring. We just need to persist and keep trying, adapting and making changes till we find our own personal win!

Absolutely! Online resources and the insights of seasoned parents can offer valuable guidance when we're figuring out this whole parenting thing. Every child is different, so trying out different tactics is the way to go - we got this!

It's also heartening to know that struggles with feeding are quite common, and knowing that others have been through the same challenges and emerged victorious is reassuring. We just need to persist and keep trying, adapting and making changes till we find our own personal win!
It's a relief to know other parents have triumphed over feeding struggles; it offers a ray of hope! We can take cues from their experiences and figure out what works for our tot. Adaptation is key!

Reactions: sportytina

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu