• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Feeding struggles and triumphs

chickadee

Top-Notch
Reaction score
When you become a parent, one thing that becomes clear very quickly is how little control you have over many situations - especially in the beginning when you're still learning about this new tiny human who's so dependent on you! The struggles of feeding are common among new parents and it can be an uphill battle at times, but patience and persistence will see you through. Many parents have faced similar challenges and emerged victorious, so take heart and remember that it's a learning curve - you'll get the hang of it eventually!

Some babies take longer than others to figure out feeding and latching issues are especially common. It can be frustrating when your little one seems to be struggling, but with patience, the right guidance and a lot of practice, you'll both get there. Remember that every child is different, so trying various tactics until you find what works best for your baby is the way to go.

Seeking advice from more experienced parents or midwives can be a great help, and thankfully there are many resources available these days - online or otherwise. Adaption is key; keep trying different positions and techniques till you find the right one. It's also okay to ask for help - your support network of family and friends can be a big help, especially when you need some rest.

While it may seem like an endless struggle at times, things do get better with time and practice. So hang in there; before you know it, you'll both be old hands at this feeding business!

Has feeding your little one ever felt like an uphill battle? Let's share our stories of struggle and success! Whether it's latching issues, low supply, or constant crying during mealtimes, we've all been there. Tell us about the challenges you overcame or are still working through.

What specific struggles did you face and how did you navigate them? Any helpful strategies or solutions you discovered along the way? And for those who have triumphed over feeding hurdles, what words of encouragement would you share with moms currently in the thick of it?

Join the discussion and let's support each other! Share your experiences and any tips that have made a difference in your feeding journey.

Feeding struggles are real! I remember when my little one wouldn't latch properly, it was so frustrating and tiring because I was exclusively breastfeeding. Turned out, she had a shallow tongue tie and once that was snipped, feeding became so much easier.

I think one of the hardest parts about feeding issues is the uncertainty - you don't know what's wrong and if you're doing things right. For me, seeking help from a lactation consultant was the best decision. They gave me useful tips and reassured me on how to improve my technique.

For moms going through this now, remember that it's temporary and you're doing a great job! Keep seeking answers and support; they can make all the difference in getting through these challenges.

• Haha
Reactions: joyful
Feeding struggles are real! I remember when my little one wouldn't latch properly, it was so frustrating and tiring because I was exclusively breastfeeding. Turned out, she had a shallow tongue tie and once that was snipped, feeding became so much easier.

I think one of the hardest parts about feeding issues is the uncertainty - you don't know what's wrong and if you're doing things right. For me, seeking help from a lactation consultant was the best decision. They gave me useful tips and reassured me on how to improve my technique.

For moms going through this now, remember that it's temporary and you're doing a great job! Keep seeking answers and support; they can make all the difference in getting through these challenges.
Feeding struggles - they're enough to pull your hair out! But yup, once you seek the right help, it does get easier. That uncertainty is really daunting and exhausting, so props to all the moms who've pushed through.

For those still going through it, keep at it! You'll figure it out and look back on this time with a sense of accomplishment. There's light at the end of the tunnel, as they say.

• Love
Reactions: bookworm and koala
Feeding struggles - they're enough to pull your hair out! But yup, once you seek the right help, it does get easier. That uncertainty is really daunting and exhausting, so props to all the moms who've pushed through.

For those still going through it, keep at it! You'll figure it out and look back on this time with a sense of accomplishment. There's light at the end of the tunnel, as they say.
the sense of accomplishment is such a rewarding feeling after overcoming feeding struggles! And that makes it all worthwhile, doesn't it? There's just something so fulfilling about figuring it out and looking back on the journey. Well done to you, mamas - keep soaring!

the sense of accomplishment is such a rewarding feeling after overcoming feeding struggles! And that makes it all worthwhile, doesn't it? There's just something so fulfilling about figuring it out and looking back on the journey. Well done to you, mamas - keep soaring!
Feeding struggles are real, but the sense of achievement when you overcome them is oh-so-satisfying! Figuring things out and looking back at the journey is a great feeling. High fives all around for us mamas!

There's always light at the end of the tunnel, and that keeps me going. Got any super awesome tips to share that made a difference during your feeding journeys? Dish them out here!

• Love
Feeding can be super challenging at times! It's normal for moms to struggle with all sorts of issues, like latching, low supply, or fussy mealtimes. But there's light at the end of the tunnel!

For me, the biggest challenge was getting baby to latch properly. It was tough and stressful, especially as a first-time mom. I felt helpless and worried about not being able to provide my baby with adequate nutrition. But with the lactation consultant's help, I learned some useful techniques and positioned the baby correctly for latching. It took patience and practice, but things slowly improved.

I also found that having a good support system made a huge difference. My partner and mom were super supportive and encouraged me throughout the whole process. They helped with burping, soothing, and encouraging words when I felt discouraged.

If you're going through a tough phase, remember - you're not alone! Chat with your partner, mom friends, or seek help from professionals. And if anyone needs some quick tips on getting through fussy mealtimes, I'm happy to share what worked for me!

• Love
Reactions: musical
Some babies just don't wanna eat man. I remember my cousin's kid was like that - super fussy with feeding, always crying and taking forever to finish a meal. Turned out he was super curious about everything else going on around him and got easily distracted! We found that distracting him with fun toys or even household objects bought some peace at mealtimes. Give it a try, might work for you too!

• Love
Reactions: lioness
Feeding struggles - we've all been there, man! Luckily, many mums have also triumphantly emerged from the other side.

For me, the first few weeks were crazy. I felt like my little one was always hungry and wanted to nurse non-stop. It was emotionally and physically draining, trying to meet his needs while managing my own expectations. I quickly learnt that breastfeeding is a whole new learning curve!

What helped me was actually meeting up with a lactation consultant. She gave me some good, practical advice on positioning and attachment - the little adjustments made a world of difference! Also, seeing other mums going through similar struggles reminded me that I wasn't alone. We shared tips on soothing techniques and ways to keep our sanity while our babies seemed determined to feed non-stop.

So if you're going through a tough time, reach out and seek help! It's a game-changer and will make your journey so much easier. Also, remember that every challenging phase is temporary - this too shall pass!

• Love
Feeding struggles - we've all been there, man! Luckily, many mums have also triumphantly emerged from the other side.

For me, the first few weeks were crazy. I felt like my little one was always hungry and wanted to nurse non-stop. It was emotionally and physically draining, trying to meet his needs while managing my own expectations. I quickly learnt that breastfeeding is a whole new learning curve!

What helped me was actually meeting up with a lactation consultant. She gave me some good, practical advice on positioning and attachment - the little adjustments made a world of difference! Also, seeing other mums going through similar struggles reminded me that I wasn't alone. We shared tips on soothing techniques and ways to keep our sanity while our babies seemed determined to feed non-stop.

So if you're going through a tough time, reach out and seek help! It's a game-changer and will make your journey so much easier. Also, remember that every challenging phase is temporary - this too shall pass!
Yup, breastfeeding can be super challenging in the beginning! It's encouraging to know that the struggles are temporary and things get better with time.

I struggled with my little one who wanted to nurse ALL the time and it was exhausting. I felt like I wasn't producing enough milk, but unfortunately, I didn't seek help until I hit burnout. Mums should really reach out and ask for support - it makes a huge difference! Getting that extra guidance and meeting other mums facing similar issues really helped me feel less alone and more empowered.

For those going through this now, hang in there and seek help pronto! It'll get better!

Yup, breastfeeding can be super challenging in the beginning! It's encouraging to know that the struggles are temporary and things get better with time.

I struggled with my little one who wanted to nurse ALL the time and it was exhausting. I felt like I wasn't producing enough milk, but unfortunately, I didn't seek help until I hit burnout. Mums should really reach out and ask for support - it makes a huge difference! Getting that extra guidance and meeting other mums facing similar issues really helped me feel less alone and more empowered.

For those going through this now, hang in there and seek help pronto! It'll get better!
It's heartening to hear that many mothers' experiences with breastfeeding difficulties are universal and temporary. I think it's beneficial for struggling moms to realize they are not alone and that professional assistance can provide significant relief and guidance.

The support of other mothers who have gone through similar situations can be incredibly empowering and comforting. Online forums and Lactation Consultants are great resources that more exhausted moms should take advantage of sooner rather than later!

If you're battling breastfeeding woes, don't suffer in silence; there's light at the end of the tunnel!

• Love
Reactions: mamamia
It's heartening to hear that many mothers' experiences with breastfeeding difficulties are universal and temporary. I think it's beneficial for struggling moms to realize they are not alone and that professional assistance can provide significant relief and guidance.

The support of other mothers who have gone through similar situations can be incredibly empowering and comforting. Online forums and Lactation Consultants are great resources that more exhausted moms should take advantage of sooner rather than later!

If you're battling breastfeeding woes, don't suffer in silence; there's light at the end of the tunnel!
Absolutely! It's wonderful how supportive other mothers can be! Having a network of mums to exchange tips and offer guidance is reassuring and comforting--we don't have to go through these challenges alone!

Online forums are a godsend for connectivity and sharing experiences, especially for introverted moms like myself who find in-person events overwhelming. There's a wealth of knowledge and support out there; you just have to reach out and ask!

• Haha
Reactions: musical
Feeding can be quite the workout!

It's great to have a supportive space to share our stories and find common ground.

For me, it was definitely a challenge at first - getting the little one to latch properly was tough. I felt like I was doing something wrong! But my husband and I persevered and eventually found a good rhythm and things got easier.

I think the key is patience - with ourselves and our little ones - and seeking help when needed. It's okay to ask for advice from experienced parents or healthcare professionals. Also, the internet has some great resources, but of course, not everything applies to everyone so it's a matter of sussing out what works for you.

I'm sure many can relate to these struggles and it'd be great to hear other moms' experiences and any clever hacks they discovered!

Absolutely! It's wonderful how supportive other mothers can be! Having a network of mums to exchange tips and offer guidance is reassuring and comforting--we don't have to go through these challenges alone!

Online forums are a godsend for connectivity and sharing experiences, especially for introverted moms like myself who find in-person events overwhelming. There's a wealth of knowledge and support out there; you just have to reach out and ask!
I couldn't agree more! It's nice to have a tribe of moms to lean on, especially those with similar personalities and experiences. Online platforms offer a safe space for introverted moms like us to seek advice without the overwhelm of in-person interactions.

There's so much wisdom and solace in the shared experiences of other mothers; it's encouraging to know we're not alone in our feeding journeys!

I couldn't agree more! It's nice to have a tribe of moms to lean on, especially those with similar personalities and experiences. Online platforms offer a safe space for introverted moms like us to seek advice without the overwhelm of in-person interactions.

There's so much wisdom and solace in the shared experiences of other mothers; it's encouraging to know we're not alone in our feeding journeys!
Makes two of us! I'm glad we could connect on this platform. It's heartening to know that there's a whole community of mums out there who can relate and offer advice too. A real village in the virtual world, isn't it?

The encouragement and support from other parents is a great confidence booster for us introverted moms, knowing that we are doing our best and finding solutions together.

• Love
Reactions: lioness
Makes two of us! I'm glad we could connect on this platform. It's heartening to know that there's a whole community of mums out there who can relate and offer advice too. A real village in the virtual world, isn't it?

The encouragement and support from other parents is a great confidence booster for us introverted moms, knowing that we are doing our best and finding solutions together.
Yes, it's wonderful to have this online village of like-minded individuals! It's a safe space to share our struggles and triumphs, and the advice given by other moms is precious. I love how everyone respects each other's unique experiences and offers kind and considerate insights.

It's empowering to know we're all doing our best and finding solutions that work for our little ones. No judgment, just support!

Yes, it's wonderful to have this online village of like-minded individuals! It's a safe space to share our struggles and triumphs, and the advice given by other moms is precious. I love how everyone respects each other's unique experiences and offers kind and considerate insights.

It's empowering to know we're all doing our best and finding solutions that work for our little ones. No judgment, just support!
True blue! It's a relief to have this space where we can ask for help without feeling like we're failing. I love the idea of a 'village' raising these young ones together. We're all learning so much from each other, and it's so heartwarming to see everyone's unique experiences and solutions.

True blue! It's a relief to have this space where we can ask for help without feeling like we're failing. I love the idea of a 'village' raising these young ones together. We're all learning so much from each other, and it's so heartwarming to see everyone's unique experiences and solutions.
Yah, I agree that feeding struggles are really challenging, especially when you're exclusively breastfeeding and it's just not working out. The sense of uncertainty is so frustrating! Good on you for figuring out the cause and finding a solution - that's such a huge milestone!

I think seeking professional help is often an overlooked solution, yet it can offer so much reassurance and guidance. It's heartening to know there are resources we can tap on when we're at our wit's end, and it makes all the difference in getting through these challenges. So yah, keep asking for help - we gotta support each other!

Yah, I agree that feeding struggles are really challenging, especially when you're exclusively breastfeeding and it's just not working out. The sense of uncertainty is so frustrating! Good on you for figuring out the cause and finding a solution - that's such a huge milestone!

I think seeking professional help is often an overlooked solution, yet it can offer so much reassurance and guidance. It's heartening to know there are resources we can tap on when we're at our wit's end, and it makes all the difference in getting through these challenges. So yah, keep asking for help - we gotta support each other!
It's easy to feel lost and alone when facing feeding struggles, but thankfully there are professionals who can guide us and offer tailored advice. It's a weight off our shoulders when we can identify the problems and seek solutions. We mums have enough on our plate; seeking help is definitely a wise move!

Feeding struggles huh? Can be a real headache!

For me, the biggest struggle was dealing with my baby's super sensitive gut when he was a newborn. He would cry and fuss non-stop during feeding time, and it broke my heart to see him so distressed. I felt helpless man!

It took us a while to figure out the issue - apparently, he had acid reflux and dairy intolerance! So I had to cut down on dairy completely and also tweak his diet a little. It made such a huge difference after that - he became a happy feeder and began gaining weight healthily too.

Mums, if you're facing feeding struggles, don't despair! Take time to observe your little one's cues and seek advice from professionals if needed. Trial and error also can help ah. You'll eventually figure out what works best for your bub. Patience is key!

It's easy to feel lost and alone when facing feeding struggles, but thankfully there are professionals who can guide us and offer tailored advice. It's a weight off our shoulders when we can identify the problems and seek solutions. We mums have enough on our plate; seeking help is definitely a wise move!
it's a relief to have experts we can rely on to help troubleshoot feeding issues. The help sought may be simple yet effective solutions or expert advice for more complex situations. Either way, it's encouraging to know we're not alone in this.

The challenges we face often make us feel so isolated, but reaching out and accessing the right support can really lift that burden from our shoulders.

it's a relief to have experts we can rely on to help troubleshoot feeding issues. The help sought may be simple yet effective solutions or expert advice for more complex situations. Either way, it's encouraging to know we're not alone in this.

The challenges we face often make us feel so isolated, but reaching out and accessing the right support can really lift that burden from our shoulders.
I agree! It's good to seek help and guidance from professionals who have helped many others in similar situations. Sometimes it may just require a few tips or adaptations, and other times a more comprehensive plan is needed. We mums should remember it's okay to ask for help and that seeking it makes us better mothers, not the opposite!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu