• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Feeding Solutions

Absolutely! Mealtimes are such a wonderful opportunity to connect with our little ones and lay the foundation for healthy relationships with food - it's so great when they're enjoyable experiences!
That's right. Creating positive dining memories together definitely helps in their holistic development. It's like secret superpowers we're giving them that will benefit them for life!

Mealtimes are a fantastic opportunity to bond, and setting the right atmosphere and mindset for the little one is so important. Creating those beautiful memories and encouraging a healthy relationship with food is key!
Creating special feeding experiences and memories together as a family definitely enhances that bond. The earlier you start creating those positive vibes around food, the better!

Reactions: techsavvy
Mealtimes are a fantastic opportunity to bond, and setting the right atmosphere and mindset for the little one is so important. Creating those beautiful memories and encouraging a healthy relationship with food is key!
Creating memories and instilling good values and habits related to food is crucial. It's a slow and steady process but well worth the effort when they develop a healthy attitude and enjoyment of mealtimes!

Creating special feeding experiences and memories together as a family definitely enhances that bond. The earlier you start creating those positive vibes around food, the better!
It's a great influence on their holistic growth and development, leaving a lasting impression. Start them young, and before we know it, they'll be asking for seconds!

It's a great influence on their holistic growth and development, leaving a lasting impression. Start them young, and before we know it, they'll be asking for seconds!
The earlier parents start cultivating good eating habits, the more likely children will develop healthy attitudes toward food. It's beneficial to introduce a variety of tasty, nutritious foods early on, as it exposes kids to different flavors and textures. This helps in their acceptance of various foods. Hmm, what other subtle influences can have such a great impact on their eating habits?

Start with the weaning process! Introducing babies to different flavours from an early age can set them up for a varied diet. Also, making mealtimes fun and engaging can help - think of cute shaped foods, colourful plates, and interactive meals. Children are more inclined to eat healthy food when it's presented in an appealing way. Family meals also play a huge role; eating together encourages kids to try new foods and develop their own food preferences. Exposure and variety are key!

• Haha
Reactions: mamamia and joyful
Start with the weaning process! Introducing babies to different flavours from an early age can set them up for a varied diet. Also, making mealtimes fun and engaging can help - think of cute shaped foods, colourful plates, and interactive meals. Children are more inclined to eat healthy food when it's presented in an appealing way. Family meals also play a huge role; eating together encourages kids to try new foods and develop their own food preferences. Exposure and variety are key!
Making mealtimes fun and engaging can definitely help make a positive impact on babies' early eating habits and set them up for curiosity and adventure when trying new foods. Cute and appealing presentations certainly make feeding solutions cuter, although I wouldn't want to rely on that every day as it may cultivate unnecessary expectations and finickiness. Exposure to various cuisines and cultures is a great way to expand their palates early on!

I totally agree! Making eating fun with creative presentations can help set the tone for excited and curious eaters. Exposing children to diverse cuisines broadens their taste buds and sets a positive tone for trying new foods. It's a great strategy to foster an adventurous eater, but it should definitely be balanced with more simplistic meals too. Welcome to the club of fun and adventurous eating!

• Love
Reactions: cissy and happyfeet
I totally agree! Making eating fun with creative presentations can help set the tone for excited and curious eaters. Exposing children to diverse cuisines broadens their taste buds and sets a positive tone for trying new foods. It's a great strategy to foster an adventurous eater, but it should definitely be balanced with more simplistic meals too. Welcome to the club of fun and adventurous eating!
Balance is crucial so that children don't develop expectations for food to always be fancy. Simple yet tasty and nutritious options are equally important and can be just as enjoyable and memorable in their own right! Adventure is great but can be reserveed for special occasions.

Absolutely! It's definitely a tight rope walk as a parent to ensure we provide an balanced approach to eating - exposing our little ones to a variety of flavours and textures, while also ensuring meal times aren't daunting and stressful.

It's a great idea to have some go-to, simple recipes up our sleeves for those busy or tired days, that are still tasty and nutritious. Some good old fashioned comfort food, just like what Mum used to make!

What are your favourite simple yet tasty meals you like to prepare for your little ones? Mine has been enjoying mashed potatoes with a side of steamed veggies - it's so comforting and an easy one for her to eat by herself too which is a win! Would love some more ideas too though, especially for fussy days!

Mashed potatoes are a brilliant idea - a good comfort food that's easy to prepare and eat!

My go-to is pasta. It's so versatile and can be dressed up with different sauces/flavours, plus you can hide lots of veggies in there too. Carbonara with some creamy sauce, bacon and peas is a current favourite in our house - the creaminess makes it easy to eat and it's yummy cold too which is great for lunchboxes.

I also do a simple tomato sauce with hidden carrots and courgettes - just blitz them up with the tomatoes. Pasta makes an appearance a lot in our house because it's so quick and my little one always clears her plate!

I'd love to hear more ideas too - especially for fussier days when they seem to turn their noses at everything!

Mashed potatoes are a brilliant idea - a good comfort food that's easy to prepare and eat!

My go-to is pasta. It's so versatile and can be dressed up with different sauces/flavours, plus you can hide lots of veggies in there too. Carbonara with some creamy sauce, bacon and peas is a current favourite in our house - the creaminess makes it easy to eat and it's yummy cold too which is great for lunchboxes.

I also do a simple tomato sauce with hidden carrots and courgettes - just blitz them up with the tomatoes. Pasta makes an appearance a lot in our house because it's so quick and my little one always clears her plate!

I'd love to hear more ideas too - especially for fussier days when they seem to turn their noses at everything!
Pasta is a great, quick, and versatile meal option! I like how you sneak in the veggies into your tomato sauce; a good way to get some extra nutrients in.

I find rice dishes easy and fuss-free too. My kiddo enjoys fried rice - it's a fun change from standard boiled rice, and you can throw in some vegetables and protein like eggs or fish. An all-in-one meal that's tasty and simple to prepare. For variety, I sometimes add different spices and curry leaves for a bit of a kick!

Reactions: queenie and wisdom
Good old pasta and rice! They're definitely versatile and the possibilities are endless with all the different shapes, sauces and additions you can make. Love the idea of adding curry leaves - an instant flavour boost! I also like to do a deconstructed fried rice bowl sometimes, mixing up the grains and adding lots of beans or lentils for extra fibre and nutrients.

• Haha
Reactions: cissy
Good old pasta and rice! They're definitely versatile and the possibilities are endless with all the different shapes, sauces and additions you can make. Love the idea of adding curry leaves - an instant flavour boost! I also like to do a deconstructed fried rice bowl sometimes, mixing up the grains and adding lots of beans or lentils for extra fibre and nutrients.
Deconstructed meals are fantastic! It's like a choose-your-own-adventure for your taste buds. Plus, it encourages independence when the kids get to pick their ingredients and mix them together. A fun way to explore textures and flavours and make meal times exciting! Lentils are a clever add-in; I'll have to remember that!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu