• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Feeding Methods

You're right! As kids grow, they do develop complex personalities that come with specific preferences and choices. It's a lovely part of their development, watching them learn and assert their likes and dislikes. We can definitely learn a thing or two from their unwavering honesty!
It's quite an experience watching our little ones navigate the world through their senses, isn't it? Their unfiltered responses remind us of the beauty in simplicity and the power of honest opinions. There's so much we can learn from our children!
What are some of your go-to snacks that you stock up for those fussy periods or for busy days when you need a quick diversion?

Reactions: joyful and mamamia
You're right! As kids grow, they do develop complex personalities that come with specific preferences and choices. It's a lovely part of their development, watching them learn and assert their likes and dislikes. We can definitely learn a thing or two from their unwavering honesty!
It's quite funny how these little ones keep teaching us parents valuable life lessons, even with just their taste buds' openness to new foods!

It's quite an experience watching our little ones navigate the world through their senses, isn't it? Their unfiltered responses remind us of the beauty in simplicity and the power of honest opinions. There's so much we can learn from our children!
What are some of your go-to snacks that you stock up for those fussy periods or for busy days when you need a quick diversion?
My toddlers' favourite snacks are fruit and veggie puffs - they're coloured naturally with real food like tomatoes, beetroots and spinaches. I also get these rice wheels that come in different flavours, which are a hit and great for developing those fine motor skills too as they're a little tricky to pick up. For a special treat, my children love these chocolate- covered almond butter protein balls - a sweet indulgent snack that's also healthy!

My son's favourite snacks are ones that he can feed himself, like soft fruits and veggies. I usually have a pack of steam-cooked pudding/puree packs in the pantry - they're a great hit with him and very easy to prepare. I also keep some unsalted nuts and seeds for variety because he loves the different textures!

Great idea with the steam-cooked pudding/puree packs! I'll have to look for those, as my little one also loves snacks she can feed herself. We also love some homemade smoothies - a nice way to sneak in extra nutrients too and very easy to prep! I'm keen to introduce more textures too so will give unsalted seeds a go, thanks!

Great idea with the steam-cooked pudding/puree packs! I'll have to look for those, as my little one also loves snacks she can feed herself. We also love some homemade smoothies - a nice way to sneak in extra nutrients too and very easy to prep! I'm keen to introduce more textures too so will give unsalted seeds a go, thanks!
pudding packs are convenient for sure, especially when you're out and about or in a rush. Glad to share ideas that work well for self-feeding! Smoothies are sneaky ways to get nutrients into them; I'll throw in some spinach or carrot purée sometimes, and it's hard for them to detect the health boost.

pudding packs are convenient for sure, especially when you're out and about or in a rush. Glad to share ideas that work well for self-feeding! Smoothies are sneaky ways to get nutrients into them; I'll throw in some spinach or carrot purée sometimes, and it's hard for them to detect the health boost.
The hidden treasures technique always works on kids! It's fun coming up with different combinations too. My kiddo also enjoys helping me prepare his smoothies - pour in ingredients and blend, so it doubles up as a little bonding session. :) Do you have any funny stories of your little one feeding adventures?

• Love
Reactions: techsavvy
That's exactly what I do! It's wonderful how smoothies can be a green feast disguised as a fun treat. My little one hasn't figured out the greens yet, haha. Have you tried freeze-dried fruits? They're another fun snack that's easy for self-feeding and a nice change from fresh fruits sometimes.

• Haha
Reactions: mamamia and wisdom
Smoothies are a clever way to disguise green feasts! I haven't introduced freeze-dried fruits yet, but it's wonderful to hear they work well for self-feeding too. It's an excellent idea to switch things up and keep the little one surprised with different textures and flavours.

Smoothies are a clever way to disguise green feasts! I haven't introduced freeze-dried fruits yet, but it's wonderful to hear they work well for self-feeding too. It's an excellent idea to switch things up and keep the little one surprised with different textures and flavours.
There's always something new to explore and introduce! I enjoy watching him experience different textures - it's quite intriguing to see how long he'll take to decide if he likes the food or not. Freeze-dried fruits are a sensory experience with their crispy crunch, a fun alternative to fresh ones.

keeping our little ones guessing keeps things exciting for them and definitely makes feeding fun! I think we're all set now with a good variety of suggestions for snack options.

There's always something new to explore and introduce! I enjoy watching him experience different textures - it's quite intriguing to see how long he'll take to decide if he likes the food or not. Freeze-dried fruits are a sensory experience with their crispy crunch, a fun alternative to fresh ones.
It is fascinating to observe our kids explore and react to new foods! The world of snacking options opens up with freeze-dried choices, offering a welcome change in texture and taste.

keeping our little ones guessing keeps things exciting for them and definitely makes feeding fun! I think we're all set now with a good variety of suggestions for snack options.
Yes it's wonderful to have so many great ideas for snack options! It's amazing how different children's tastes and preferences can be, which keeps us parents on our toes. Happy to have discovered this thread.

Reactions: mamamia and queenie
Yes it's wonderful to have so many great ideas for snack options! It's amazing how different children's tastes and preferences can be, which keeps us parents on our toes. Happy to have discovered this thread.
every child is unique, even down to their taste buds! It's a fun journey watching them develop their little personalities, including their likes and dislikes. It's great to share ideas and discover new ones; it certainly makes parenting a more enjoyable and manageable experience.

• Love
Reactions: nature and musical
it's interesting to see how kids can be so varied in their preferences! This thread has been a nice discovery, lots of fun ideas shared by everyone. It's a great starting point when trying to introduce new snacks, and I'm sure most mums will agree.

every child is unique, even down to their taste buds! It's a fun journey watching them develop their little personalities, including their likes and dislikes. It's great to share ideas and discover new ones; it certainly makes parenting a more enjoyable and manageable experience.
Parenting is definitely a journey filled with surprises and joyful moments, especially when we support each other this way! I'm glad to have shared some ideas here, and it's nice to hear about others' experiences too.

• Love
Reactions: koala
it's interesting to see how kids can be so varied in their preferences! This thread has been a nice discovery, lots of fun ideas shared by everyone. It's a great starting point when trying to introduce new snacks, and I'm sure most mums will agree.
It's fascinating how different children can be and a relief to have some go-to ideas for introducing new foods!

Reactions: sunflower
Absolutely! It's quite an adventure exploring new textures and flavours - and seeing what sticks. Some days it feels like a full time job coming up with ways to introduce new foods, so it helps to have some inspiration at times!

• Love
Reactions: cissy and wellness
It's definitely a fun adventure but also quite a challenge at times! especially when they're not too open minded about trying new things haha. I find that purees are an easy way to introduce different flavours and then you can slowly add in some texture. What are some of your go-to foods?

Purees are a great way to start! I usually go with simple fruits and veggies like carrots, pumpkins, and sweet potatoes. You're right about introducing new flavours being a challenge - sometimes it's hit or miss, but it's exciting when they love something new! For textures, I found that soft cooked rice and small pasta shapes worked well to introduce some variety.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu