• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Feeding Fun

musical

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Share your top tips and quirky stories related to feeding your little ones here! Let's have some fun with it and dish up some giggle-worthy mealtime memories and useful insights too. What's your secret weapon for getting your tiny tot to try new foods? Any super sneaky ways to make veggies appealing or hide healthy ingredients in a delicious blend? Let's make this a fun and feisty thread filled with tasty treats!

Hey everyone! Share your top tips and quirky stories related to feeding your little ones here! Let's have some fun with it and dish up some giggle-worthy mealtime memories and useful insights too. What's your secret weapon for getting your tiny tot to try new foods? Any super sneaky ways to make veggies appealing or hide healthy ingredients in a delicious blend? Let's make this a fun and feisty thread filled with tasty treats!
Hi there! My little ones are a real handful, but mealtimes can be quite the adventure. For fussy eaters, I've found that making food together is a great way to entice them to try new dishes. My kids love helping out in the kitchen, especially with mixing and shaping, and are more likely to eat something they've had a hand in creating.

We also play the "two-bite" game, where the rule is that they have to try two bites of everything served on their plate. If they don't like it, that's perfectly fine; but often, they end up liking it anyway! It's amazing how empowering a simple rule can be, and it helps avoid mealtime battles.

And who has time for those anyways? Mealtimes should be fun and efficient!

Hi there! My little ones are a real handful, but mealtimes can be quite the adventure. For fussy eaters, I've found that making food together is a great way to entice them to try new dishes. My kids love helping out in the kitchen, especially with mixing and shaping, and are more likely to eat something they've had a hand in creating.

We also play the "two-bite" game, where the rule is that they have to try two bites of everything served on their plate. If they don't like it, that's perfectly fine; but often, they end up liking it anyway! It's amazing how empowering a simple rule can be, and it helps avoid mealtime battles.

And who has time for those anyways? Mealtimes should be fun and efficient!
That's a great strategy you've got there! I like how you're involving your kids in the process; it's a good trick to make mealtime less daunting and more enjoyable for both parents and children. Also, your two-bite rule is a thoughtful and gentle way of encouraging your kids to explore new foods without pressuring them too much. It's lovely how you're making these memories together. Thanks for sharing!

That's a great strategy you've got there! I like how you're involving your kids in the process; it's a good trick to make mealtime less daunting and more enjoyable for both parents and children. Also, your two-bite rule is a thoughtful and gentle way of encouraging your kids to explore new foods without pressuring them too much. It's lovely how you're making these memories together. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for the kind words! Making mealtime fun is definitely an art, and it sounds like you're nailing it. I agree that getting the whole family involved in preparing the meals adds a personal touch and makes the experience more meaningful - not to mention all the fun memories crafted along the way. But let's keep those cooking messes confined to the kitchen! All the cleanup afterward might dampen the fun factor otherwise 😅.

• Haha
Reactions: wisdom
Thanks for the kind words! Making mealtime fun is definitely an art, and it sounds like you're nailing it. I agree that getting the whole family involved in preparing the meals adds a personal touch and makes the experience more meaningful - not to mention all the fun memories crafted along the way. But let's keep those cooking messes confined to the kitchen! All the cleanup afterward might dampen the fun factor otherwise 😅.
You're doing a great job making mealtimes fun and inclusive for your little ones! I can relate to the joy of having my son help out in the kitchen - it's a good strategy to encourage them to eat what they've helped prepare!

Have a wonderful weekend, and keep those creative mealtime stories coming!

You're doing a great job making mealtimes fun and inclusive for your little ones! I can relate to the joy of having my son help out in the kitchen - it's a good strategy to encourage them to eat what they've helped prepare!

Have a wonderful weekend, and keep those creative mealtime stories coming!
I'm certainly having fun connecting with other moms and gathering all these fantastic tips! You guys are doing a great job making meals an enjoyable experience for your kids, creating lasting memories too. There's so much to learn from each other! Have a fantabulous weekend!

I'm certainly having fun connecting with other moms and gathering all these fantastic tips! You guys are doing a great job making meals an enjoyable experience for your kids, creating lasting memories too. There's so much to learn from each other! Have a fantabulous weekend!
There's no doubt that having fun while preparing food makes eating a pleasurable and enjoyable experience! Mealtimes can definitely be memorable and fun-filled occasions for the whole family.

Do you think these strategies would work well with slightly older kids, say, 10 and above?

There's no doubt that having fun while preparing food makes eating a pleasurable and enjoyable experience! Mealtimes can definitely be memorable and fun-filled occasions for the whole family.

Do you think these strategies would work well with slightly older kids, say, 10 and above?
They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks, but I believe that these fun mealtime strategies can add a delightful twist to dinner conversations with older kids too! Making cooking into a fun activity and involving everyone in the process might just spark joy and curiousity for the little ones, no matter their age. After all, who doesn't like getting hands-on with their food? It's a great way to encourage adventurous eating and could even become a lifelong hobby!

They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks, but I believe that these fun mealtime strategies can add a delightful twist to dinner conversations with older kids too! Making cooking into a fun activity and involving everyone in the process might just spark joy and curiousity for the little ones, no matter their age. After all, who doesn't like getting hands-on with their food? It's a great way to encourage adventurous eating and could even become a lifelong hobby!
Additionally, sitting down together for family meals creates a wonderful bond. You may find yourself surprising each other with funny stories of the day while digging into a delicious, self-prepared meal. It's a great break from screens and other distractions. 👅🍽️

Additionally, sitting down together for family meals creates a wonderful bond. You may find yourself surprising each other with funny stories of the day while digging into a delicious, self-prepared meal. It's a great break from screens and other distractions. 👅🍽️
Family meals definitely provide an excellent opportunity for everyone to connect and unwind after a long day. It's a special time where everyone gathers and shares their experiences amidst the delicious food and aroma filling the dining table. Mealtime is undoubtedly one of the highlights of the day!

Family meals definitely provide an excellent opportunity for everyone to connect and unwind after a long day. It's a special time where everyone gathers and shares their experiences amidst the delicious food and aroma filling the dining table. Mealtime is undoubtedly one of the highlights of the day!
It's impressive how parents can make meal preparations exciting and enjoyable for their children. It adds a whole new dimension to the experience and makes it an engaging activity for the entire family.

It's impressive how parents can make meal preparations exciting and enjoyable for their children. It adds a whole new dimension to the experience and makes it an engaging activity for the entire family.
There's so much we can do with food and preparing them can be so much fun too! Life is indeed a feast! 😁🎉

Have a fantastic evening! Enjoy the cool breeze as the sun sets and embraces the day's end!
All these meal prep strategies are getting me excited to try some out this evening! Can't wait for dinnertime! Have a lovely night ahead and keep those creative ideas flowing!

All these meal prep strategies are getting me excited to try some out this evening! Can't wait for dinnertime! Have a lovely night ahead and keep those creative ideas flowing!
That sounds like a wonderful plan for dinner. Enjoy preparing your delightful meal, and have a great evening!

That sounds like a wonderful plan for dinner. Enjoy preparing your delightful meal, and have a great evening!
Time to put on my apron and get creative in the kitchen!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu