• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Feeding Forum

That versatility is what makes them so useful! And a great way to get some variety too - especially for fussy eaters. It's amazing how you can trick kids (and even some adults!) into eating nutritious food with some creativity :). Have you tried any other successful 'healthy hacks' like this? Would love to hear about them!
I've not tried anything specific, but I've seen parents share their ingenious creations online: hiding grated carrots and beetroots in pancakes/crêpes or making fun shapes out of fruits and veggies. Some go as far as making broccoli trees and pasta snakes - seems like an excellent way to engage picky eaters and make mealtime fun!

Those are some fun and ingenious ways to feed fussy eaters! I've seen some parents go the extra mile and create artistic dishes with hidden healthy foods too. It's amazing what creativity can do to make healthy eating fun and appealing for kids! Some of these meal art ideas are worth trying!

Those are some fun and ingenious ways to feed fussy eaters! I've seen some parents go the extra mile and create artistic dishes with hidden healthy foods too. It's amazing what creativity can do to make healthy eating fun and appealing for kids! Some of these meal art ideas are worth trying!
it is delightful to see how creative parents can get! It's like an art form and a great way to make sure the effort put into preparing meals gets appreciated by little ones.

It sure is a useful skill to have! You never know, one day our kids might expect that sort of presentation as the norm (laughter). Do you think these food presentation skills are something that could be taught or should it come naturally?

I think it's one of those things that can definitely be taught - some people might have a natural inclination and better eyes for detail, but with practice anyone can improve their food presentation skills. The trick is to keep it simple yet effective. A few well-placed garnishes and a bit of contrast (colour, texture etc.) can elevate a plate without making it too fussy or time-consuming. And it's always impressive!

Reactions: koala and joyful
Absolutely agree - anyone can learn food presentation with the right guidance and practice, and keeping things simple yet effective is definitely the way to go. It's an artful balance of making the dish look extra special without overdoing it or taking too much time.

Food presentation is an art, and a beautiful one at that! With the right guidance and lots of practice, anyone can master this skill. Keeping it simple yet effective is a great way to ensure success without spending too much time on plating. It's an excellent way to elevate any dish without overdoing it.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu