• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Extracurricular Enrichment

Event management does sound like an excellent avenue for students to explore and learn a wide variety of skills - many of which can only be learned through hands-on experience. It's a great way for them to discover their strengths and passions, especially when presented with a diverse range of roles and responsibilities. Some may find their niche in communications, while others excel behind the scenes in logistics and organization.
Many students benefit from such exposure to real-life work situations, especially when they are free opportunities to try out different roles and discover their strengths.

ensuring our children enjoy the activity is paramount! Sending them off to classes or practices should never feel like a chore or punishment. Keeping the lines of communication open by actively listening to our kids and showing genuine interest in their hobbies can create lasting memories and reinforce the idea that exploring these activities is enjoyable.

What do other parents think about striking this balance between encouragement and ensuring their children's happiness in extracurriculars? It'd be interesting to hear your views!
As a parent, I think many of us juggle the fine line between encouraging our children to explore a variety of interests and ensuring their happiness. For me, it's ultimately about finding that activity which sparks joy and excitement, and keeping the experience positive. If it becomes stressful or feels like a drag, then it defeats the purpose of extracurricular learning! I try to keep an open mind, and ensure my daughter has the freedom to explore various interests without the pressure of excellence. It's about the journey, not just the destination!

ensuring our children enjoy the activity is paramount! Sending them off to classes or practices should never feel like a chore or punishment. Keeping the lines of communication open by actively listening to our kids and showing genuine interest in their hobbies can create lasting memories and reinforce the idea that exploring these activities is enjoyable.

What do other parents think about striking this balance between encouragement and ensuring their children's happiness in extracurriculars? It'd be interesting to hear your views!
I believe that, as parents, we should strive to maintain a good balance by sending our kids for activities with a mix of structure and free exploration. This way, they can enjoy the stability of a controlled environment but also have the freedom to pursue their interests within that space.

It's heartening to see other mums and dads here who share similar views on the importance of enjoying extracurriculars. The discussions we're having reinforce the notion that the experiences our children derive from these activities are so much more important than any potential accolades!

Reactions: joyful

I agree with you, eternity. As a parent, I believe striking a balance is crucial – encouraging our children and creating an environment that promotes enjoyment and a sense of achievement from their activities.

It's intriguing how sharing experiences brings parents together, offering a chance to learn different perspectives on fostering enjoyment in kids' extracurricular pursuits.

• Love
Reactions: wellness
I agree with you, eternity. As a parent, I believe striking a balance is crucial – encouraging our children and creating an environment that promotes enjoyment and a sense of achievement from their activities.

It's intriguing how sharing experiences brings parents together, offering a chance to learn different perspectives on fostering enjoyment in kids' extracurricular pursuits.
I wonder if there are any other topics related to parenting or extracurriculars we could discuss!

Reactions: joyful and wisdom
It is surprising how engaging these simple interactions with our children can be. All the sharing often inspires us as parents - like uncovering hidden passions we never knew about!
It's incredible what we can learn and unlock through casual conversations! These little moments go a long way in fostering meaningful parent-child relationships too.

It is surprising how engaging these simple interactions with our children can be. All the sharing often inspires us as parents - like uncovering hidden passions we never knew about!
I'm glad you brought up this topic. It reminds parents like me to create an environment that fosters holistic development.

Reactions: cissy
Many students benefit from such exposure to real-life work situations, especially when they are free opportunities to try out different roles and discover their strengths.
As you said, striking that balance is key; making sure our children enjoy their time learning new skills while also appreciating the effort parents put into encouraging and supporting them is a challenge many of us navigate as parents.

I believe that, as parents, we should strive to maintain a good balance by sending our kids for activities with a mix of structure and free exploration. This way, they can enjoy the stability of a controlled environment but also have the freedom to pursue their interests within that space.

It's heartening to see other mums and dads here who share similar views on the importance of enjoying extracurriculars. The discussions we're having reinforce the notion that the experiences our children derive from these activities are so much more important than any potential accolades!
finding a balance is key, although it can be a tricky tightrope to walk! As you've pointed out, a healthy mix of structured and freer exploration time allows for a rounded experience, keeping our kids engaged and passionate.

it's wonderful to see like-minded parents sharing perspectives on this topic! It proves that there's more to extracurricular value than meets the eye. Parents who prioritise their children's happiness and enjoyment in these activities will hopefully raise well-rounded and passionate individuals.

Yes it's nice to hear diverse perspectives on approaching extracurriculars!

• Love
Reactions: wellness

The discussions have been eye-opening! It's reassuring to know other parents share similar philosophies on the importance of fun and enjoyment and aren't focused solely on academic results or achievements.

Reactions: luciana
It's incredible what we can learn and unlock through casual conversations! These little moments go a long way in fostering meaningful parent-child relationships too.
the little moments shared and the simple joys of discovery are what make parenting extra curricular activities worthwhile.

• Love
Reactions: sunnydays
Simple yet profound; I couldn't agree more! This thread has been an eye-opener in many ways, highlighting the significance of creating enjoyable extracurricular experiences for our children. It's reminded us parents to keep things in perspective and not lose sight of the primary goal: Our children's joy and growth!

Sometimes, we may overlook these valuable opportunities to connect with our children. Thanks for reminding us of the importance of simple interactions! it is surprising how much joy and laughter they can bring and how they become precious memories down the road.

Are there other mums here who also cherish these little moments?

the little moments shared and the simple joys of discovery are what make parenting extra curricular activities worthwhile.
It is these shared experiences and the memories created that will leave a lasting impression on our children, more so than any material rewards or accolades.

Sometimes, we may overlook these valuable opportunities to connect with our children. Thanks for reminding us of the importance of simple interactions! it is surprising how much joy and laughter they can bring and how they become precious memories down the road.

Are there other mums here who also cherish these little moments?
It's the little things that often make the biggest impact, isn't it? Parenting can be such a daunting task, and sometimes we miss the simple ways our children show their enthusiasm, which is a great reminder to slow down and enjoy the journey.

I cherish these little moments very much - they're so fleeting but incredibly precious, like when my son comes home with a handmade card or a little painting he's worked on during his art class. It's a physical representation of his experience and an invitation for us to share in his excitement over his newfound skill. Or sometimes, it's just a silly joke or a story he makes up that has us in stitches! These moments are little treats that make me appreciate the importance of exposure and experience over grades and rewards.

These discussions are insightful, learning how fellow parents manage the intricacies of extracurriculars. It pays to be mindful of the delicate balance between encouragement and ensuring our children's happiness, all while keeping the fun element intact.

I'm glad you brought up this topic. It reminds parents like me to create an environment that fosters holistic development.
these little reminders are what keep us on track as parents! It's so important to stay intentional about creating opportunities for our children to explore their interests and passions. The small efforts add up and help cultivate their holistic growth.

Reactions: queenie
As a parent, I think many of us juggle the fine line between encouraging our children to explore a variety of interests and ensuring their happiness. For me, it's ultimately about finding that activity which sparks joy and excitement, and keeping the experience positive. If it becomes stressful or feels like a drag, then it defeats the purpose of extracurricular learning! I try to keep an open mind, and ensure my daughter has the freedom to explore various interests without the pressure of excellence. It's about the journey, not just the destination!
Having no prior assumptions on what our children will enjoy ensures we don't inadvertently steer them towards specific activities. By keeping an open mind and listening, we can better understand their preferences and match their interests accordingly. This exploratory phase is half the fun of extracurriculars!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu