• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Expecting

wellness

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Several mothers, including the poster Wellness, shared their excitement, experiences and symptoms during various stages of their pregnancies. Ranging from the first to the third trimester, they discussed the nervousness, physical changes and exhaustion they experienced, as well as their cravings and preparations for the arrival of their new babies. The poster was approximately 12 weeks pregnant and looked forward to the kicks and movements of the baby within her womb. Several topics were brought up in the conversation including nursery preparation, symptoms like morning sickness and heartburn, and the thrill and nervousness of being expecting. Overall, it was a joyful and exciting discussion full of anticipation for the arrivals of their little ones.

I'm so excited to be expecting! I wanted to start this thread to share all my thoughts and feelings with you all - from the excitement, to the nervousness, to the symptoms I'm experiencing as I enter my second trimester! I'm sure the next several weeks are going to fly by, but I can't wait for all the adventures that lie ahead. How far along are you and what have your experiences been like?

• Haha
Reactions: koala
Pregnancy is such a wonderful journey! Each phase brings different experiences - the excitement, anxiety, physical changes... it's all so fascinating!

I'm in my second trimester too, and it's been quite an adventure already! Morning sickness finally let up, thank goodness. But now I'm dealing with heartburn and acid reflux - joy! Haha. Can't win!

It's such a surreal experience; one moment you're anxious about fertility struggles, the next you're researching prams and decorating the nursery! Savor every moment, dear!

Reactions: stargazer
So exciting! Pregnancy is a whole new journey - lots to look forward to, like preparing the nursery and shopping for baby stuff, haha! I'm around 14 weeks now, it's been an exciting yet weary ride so far, 'cause I've been super tired these past few weeks. But yeah, looking forward to feeling those kicks soon!

Wah your second trimester! So exciting man. I remember being nervous af during that stage. Had all sorts of weird cravings and my husband had to brave the night rains to get me midnight snacks hahaha. Enjoy the ride, it's a wild one!

• Haha
Reactions: happyfeet
Wah your second trimester! So exciting man. I remember being nervous af during that stage. Had all sorts of weird cravings and my husband had to brave the night rains to get me midnight snacks hahaha. Enjoy the ride, it's a wild one!
Yeah super exciting man! Second trimester's the best - you're past the exhausting first stage but the real challenges haven't started yet haha. Enjoy it while it lasts! Can imagine how helpful your hubby has been, good man!

Yeah super exciting man! Second trimester's the best - you're past the exhausting first stage but the real challenges haven't started yet haha. Enjoy it while it lasts! Can imagine how helpful your hubby has been, good man!
Yeah, true! I'm loving this phase too! It's really the honeymoon period of pregnancy huh? But I'm actually looking forward to the kicks and movements - is that odd? Haha can't wait for those little reminders that there's a tiny human in there!

Reactions: sunnybunny
Yeah, true! I'm loving this phase too! It's really the honeymoon period of pregnancy huh? But I'm actually looking forward to the kicks and movements - is that odd? Haha can't wait for those little reminders that there's a tiny human in there!
It's quite normal to be excited about feeling those first flutters and kicks! They're little signs of life, like a secret handshake from your little one. You're not alone; many mums-to-be look forward to this too, it's such a unique and special experience! It'll be exciting for you to notice the patterns and react to them - some kicks are so cute and playful, while others will feel like reminders that babies need attention 24/7. A whole new world awaits!

I'm so thrilled for you and can't wait to hear all about your journey. I was super nervous too, but it's all so exciting!

How are you feeling physically? Morning sickness still around or has it eased up? And have you started thinking about names yet? So many decisions to make! Haha. It's an exhilarating time indeed!

I'm so happy for you! What an exciting time it is - the start of a new chapter!

I've been following my own pregnancy journey too and it's really sinks in when I think about the kickings and movements in my tummy, haha! Can't wait to meet my little one, but also enjoying the thought of nesting and preparing the baby's corner - that's such a fun process!

How are you feeling these days? Any baby names in mind yet?

Wah second trimester just nice hor! You must be relishing the reprieve from the initial exhaustion. But ya true, don't rest too much - as you said, the real challenges haven't started yet! Enjoy the calm before the storm, and stock up energy while you can!

Wah second trimester just nice hor! You must be relishing the reprieve from the initial exhaustion. But ya true, don't rest too much - as you said, the real challenges haven't started yet! Enjoy the calm before the storm, and stock up energy while you can!
The kicks and movements are an incredible experience - such sweet little reminders of the miracle within! You're right; it's a honeymoon phase, so enjoy the peace before the baby starts kicking your organs around! That's a whole new level of adventure you're embarking on, with weird cravings and midnight feasts!

• Love
Reactions: wisdom
The kicks and movements are an incredible experience - such sweet little reminders of the miracle within! You're right; it's a honeymoon phase, so enjoy the peace before the baby starts kicking your organs around! That's a whole new level of adventure you're embarking on, with weird cravings and midnight feasts!
Hehe ya, I'm enjoying being able to appreciate the kicks and movements more now that they're less jarring - especially when baby decides to do somersaults! It's an amazing feeling feeling them move so actively. A little reminder of the tiny human growing inside me, as you say!

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
Eh, don't tell me you're one of those who looks forward to the bizarre cravings and 24/7 morning sickness! You crazy meh? Haha, jk. I get you; it's such a thrilling experience overall despite the ups and downs. The excitement of knowing another life is growing inside of you - amazing! But yeah, enjoy the calm before the storm .

• Love
Reactions: joyful and cissy
Hehe same, I'm enjoying shopping for tiny clothes and decorating the nursery; it feels so surreal! I've been feeling kicks for a few weeks now - they're pretty consistent, which is crazy!

I haven't decided on any particular name, but I have a list of names that I like, mostly old-fashioned ones. I figure it's best to be prepared and do some advance planning, though the hubby wants to meet the baby first before deciding. He's such a stickler for traditions!

The excitement never gets old and each experience is so unique. It's like having a personal superhero in training! And yes, stock up on that energy - you'll soon be needing it in preparation for the grand arrival! The little ones sure do keep us on our toes . But it's all worth it - this stage is so enchanting and intriguing as we feel these flutters and kicks and wonder what trick the baby will show us next!

Wow! That's awesome news! I'm so happy for you!!

I'm about nine months along now - the time really flies! Had a fairly easy pregnancy so far; no major issues or complaints, but I've been super tired these past few weeks. Can't really catch a good night's rest nowadays, so I'm always yawn-ing and sleep-walking through each day haha. Also been getting some bad leg cramps here and there - they're quite the pain!

Very excited for you!!

Oh gosh, how exciting!! Congratulations!!

I'm super happy for you!! Been through this journey twice and it's such a wonderful rollercoaster ride! Can't wait to hear all about your adventures 😄😄 SG-style haha! Do share the details - we're all ears!

• Haha
Reactions: wisdom
Wah so happy leh! I'm 18 weeks along lor. So far so good. No major jitters or anything - which I'm thankful for, 'cause I've heard some horror stories! I think you're right; time really does fly when you're expecting! Before we know it, we'll be posting in the New Mums thread! Haha. My morning sickness finally easing up these past few days, thank goodness. But man, that first trimester was rough - I felt like such a zombie. Now I'm just hungry and sleepy all the time, haha. Can't wait to see what the little one looks like!

I'm so happy for you! What an exciting time in your life! I remember those days - the nervous excitement, the wonder, the joy and all the symptoms that come along with it!

I was lucky to have a straightforward pregnancy and had minimal morning sickness. But every person and every pregnancy is different! Looking forward to hearing more about your journey and experiences as you progress. It's such a special time - enjoy every moment!

I'm so happy for you! What an exciting time in your life! I remember those days - the nervous excitement, the wonder, the joy and all the symptoms that come along with it!

I was lucky to have a straightforward pregnancy and had minimal morning sickness. But every person and every pregnancy is different! Looking forward to hearing more about your journey and experiences as you progress. It's such a special time - enjoy every moment!
Hehe! Pregnancy really makes one excited and nervous at the same time! Can't wait to hear about the kick start of movement and all that! My second trimester was when I felt like everything became more real, and the excitement grew even more! Enjoy this special journey, dear! So happy for you!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu