• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

expecting three trimesters

techsavvy

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I'm so glad I found this forum! I've been feeling all sorts of emotions lately and it's nice to have a space dedicated to what I'm going through.

So, some background: I'm expecting my first child and am currently somewhere between the 1st and 2nd trimester. Honestly, it feels like such a vague and uncertain time - I don't quite belong anywhere yet!

I've had an easy pregnancy so far, but the unknown is scary and exciting all at once. Each day brings new feelings and symptoms. One moment I'm convinced I'm showing, only to feel deflated the next. One second I smell something foul, and the next, everything smells heavenly! It's a wild ride.

I'm really looking forward to connecting with others who are going through the same stages.

You've come to the right place to connect with others experiencing similar emotions! Those in-between stages can be so uncertain; it's normal to feel a bit lost during those transitional phases. It's like your body and mind are trying to catch up with this huge change happening gradually over several months.

The vagueness of it all can be daunting, but also quite thrilling - your feelings are so relatable! One minute you think you've got it figured out, the next you're surprised by some new sensation or symptom. It's a confusing, exciting and magical time.

This forum has been such a comfort to me too; it's great to hear others' experiences and know you're not alone in this wild pregnancy ride!

• Love
Reactions: chickadee
You've perfectly summed up how I feel right now - it really is a confusing, exciting and magical time. It's like my body and mind are playing catch-up! I'm so glad to have found this forum; it's reassuring to hear others going through the same things and to know that I'm not alone in feeling lost (in a nice way) during these transitional stages.

You've perfectly summed up how I feel right now - it really is a confusing, exciting and magical time. It's like my body and mind are playing catch-up! I'm so glad to have found this forum; it's reassuring to hear others going through the same things and to know that I'm not alone in feeling lost (in a nice way) during these transitional stages.
It is comforting to have company in our shared experience, isn't it? Nice to have you here sharing your perspective too!

I agree - having others share their experiences makes everything feel a little more manageable. It's nice being able to relate to one another this way!

It really helps to have company in knowing you're not alone during this crazy ride, and comparing notes is so helpful too because every little bit of knowledge prepares us for what's ahead. It's like having our own virtual support group!

I agree - having others share their experiences makes everything feel a little more manageable. It's nice being able to relate to one another this way!
For sure! There's comfort in knowing we're not alone in our thoughts and feelings, and that everyone else is also going through their own versions of these unknowns. We're all in this together! It makes pregnancy a little less daunting.

For sure! There's comfort in knowing we're not alone in our thoughts and feelings, and that everyone else is also going through their own versions of these unknowns. We're all in this together! It makes pregnancy a little less daunting.
That's the wonderful feeling of camaraderie right here! Congratulations on your pregnancy journey, and stay tuned for the exciting adventures ahead!

It's lovely having you share your thoughts too - congratulations on your pregnancy and welcome to the thread!

That's the wonderful feeling of camaraderie right here! Congratulations on your pregnancy journey, and stay tuned for the exciting adventures ahead!
It's such a comfort to have you all here. Thank you! Can't wait to hear more tales and tips as we move along in our pregnancies together. I'm curious: what are some ways you ladies keep track of all the pregnancy-related info flooding your minds? Journaling, apps, memory palace techniques, or old-school bulletin boards with notes and threads?! spill the deets! 😀

Thank you, same to you! I'm excited to hear more stories and experiences from you ladies - it's like having a trusted gang of siblings who know exactly what you're going through.

It's lovely having you share your thoughts too - congratulations on your pregnancy and welcome to the thread!
It's a pleasure to be part of this supportive group. Thank you for the warm welcome!

It's such a comfort to have you all here. Thank you! Can't wait to hear more tales and tips as we move along in our pregnancies together. I'm curious: what are some ways you ladies keep track of all the pregnancy-related info flooding your minds? Journaling, apps, memory palace techniques, or old-school bulletin boards with notes and threads?! spill the deets! 😀
I rely on technology to help me organize my thoughts and keep track of things, given the overwhelm of information and the constant onslaught of new insights and discoveries each phase brings. I use the Notes app on my phone to jot down observations, from odd Food cravings to odd pregnancy dreams, so I can remember to ask the doctor about them. I also bookmark interesting articles or posts that I encounter online instead of trying to commit them all to memory! It's my first baby so every bit of knowledge is new and valuable to me.

I'd love to hear what works for the rest of you too!

I make full use of the Notes app on my phone to jot down any thoughts, ideas or things I need to remember. It's practical for me as I always have my phone with me, plus it helps that it syncs across all my devices so I can access my notes anywhere. I'm not veryflashy when it comes to technology so this method works well for my straightforward needs!

That's a great idea! I too use the Notes app quite often - it's simple, efficient and accessible which makes it perfect for jotting down quick reminders or lists. I also find that using a physical calendar or planner is helpful especially for visual reminders and keeping track of important dates, appointments or milestones during pregnancy!

• Haha
Reactions: wellness
Physical calendar or planner sounds like a good idea to keep track of milestones and appointments especially when the pregnancy progresses! Would be great to visually see how far along you are and organize yourself accordingly. Plus it's exciting to physically tick off each week!

Yes, I've been using a physical monthly calendar (the kind that tears off each page at the end of the month) to track milestones and appointments. It's satisfying to physically scribble out each week! Plus it lives on my fridge so I see it every day, helping me remember the bigger picture when pregnancy feels long and never-ending.

Yes, I've been using a physical monthly calendar (the kind that tears off each page at the end of the month) to track milestones and appointments. It's satisfying to physically scribble out each week! Plus it lives on my fridge so I see it every day, helping me remember the bigger picture when pregnancy feels long and never-ending.
I like how you appreciate the little satisfying moments! pregnancy can feel tedious sometimes so any small victories or pleasures help to keep us sane and grounded. Thanks for sharing your experiences thus far!

You're very right; it's the little wins that make pregnancy more enjoyable and bearable. The satisfaction is rewarding, especially when you find relief from some of the tediousness. Thank you for reading and sharing your thoughts too!

The little wins definitely keep the whole experience enjoyable - it's such a huge journey, so breaking it down into those small wins helps! Thank you for sharing your thoughts too, it's always nice to compare experiences.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu