• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

expecting three trimesters

happyfeet

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Several moms-to-be shared their experiences about how each pregnancy trimester felt like a different ball game. From exhausting first trimesters to the "honeymoon period" of the second, and the later stages' physical challenges, every phase had unique challenges. They discussed how each trimester threw new surprises at them, keeping them on their toes, with ever-changing emotional and physical sensations. Many mums found it a thrilling adventure, while some admitted it was daunting too. Cravings, emotions, energy levels, and preparation for the baby's arrival dominated their conversations, with some joking about the "calmed before the storm" feeling. Overall, despite the challenges, they were excitedly anticipating meeting their little ones, reflecting on the incredible journey their bodies were undergoing.

So this trimester system really is a trip, huh? Can't believe how different (and how much more intense!) each one can feel. I'm expecting again and it's crazy to think how distinct each phase will be - physically and mentally - all over again!

Anyone else expecting three trimesters? How are you feeling today? Any particular concerns or obsessions?

Yup, the different trimesters really do feel distinct! I'm actually quite curious to see how this next phase will turn out - physically, it's definitely a wild ride.

I've been focusing a lot on staying active and healthy, trying my best to prepare for the little one's arrival. But man, there's so much to think about! Trying not to stress too much, but it's impossible sometimes - you know how it is! Haha.

200.gif

• Haha
Reactions: bubblyfish
Yah, pregnancy really is a whole new ball game for each one. Honestly speaking, it's a bit wild how the three trimesters can feel like three entirely different experiences!

I'm doing good, thank you for asking! I'm into the second trimester now, and finally starting to feel some energy return after that crazy first phase. Been getting all sorts of cravings too -- ice cream one day, spicy noodles the next. Hubby's been great at fulfilling them all, bless his heart haha!

How about you? Any funny experiences or weird cravings so far?

Reactions: queenie
I totally know what you mean! It's like, every trimester is a whole new ball game – which is exciting but also kinda daunting in some ways!

I'm feeling good today, thank you for asking! I'm curious to see how my experience of the second trimester differs from the last time around – it's such a curious mix of emotions and sensations, isn't it? Like, one minute you're super thrilled and the next you're going, "Oh dear, here comes another symptom!"

It's definitely a wild ride and I'm just along for the adventure!

Yeah, it's truly mindboggling how our bodies adapt to each stage of pregnancy! Each trimester really does throw some new challenges and experiences our way - I'm curious too, about what the next phase has in store physically.

I'm trying my best like you, to stay chill and prepared, but it's a full-time job in itself haha. So many unknowns, worries and whatnot! But we're in it together, so that helps!

Oh yes, the trimesters can feel so different it's like three distinct pregnancies! You're lucky to have such a supportive hubby helping with your various cravings - that's so sweet of him!

I'm also doing well, thank you for checking. I'm in my third trimester and feeling the weight and reality of the upcoming arrival sink in! It's an exciting time realising that our lives will soon change so drastically. But I'm trying to enjoy this phase and savour the kicks and flutterings while they last - it'll be a whole new kind of crazy once baby arrives!

Pregnancy is such a unique journey every time, isn't it? Each trimester really does come with its own challenges and changes - a wild ride!

I'm feeling pretty good today, thank you for asking. This whole pregnancy thing sure keeps you on your toes, eh? Got to keep up with all the kicks and hiccups and all sorts of strange sensations! Can't wait to meet the little one, though. That makes all the weird symptoms so worth it!

• Love
Reactions: nature
I'm good, thanks for asking! Haha! Yeah, it's really quite something, this trimester biz. Nature sure has a funny way of keeping us on our toes. Can't say I wasn't warned though, eh?

I'm curious - what was your most memorable experience from your trimesters? Mine was probably the wild food cravings I had during my second trimester; I could literally have eaten anything and everything in sight!

• Love
Reactions: musical
Yeah, the different trimesters can take you on a real journey! Each phase has its own unique challenges and changes - it's quite incredible how our bodies adapt.

I'm currently in my second trimester which is supposedly the honeymoon period but hey, there's no complaint whatsoever! Feeling grateful and excited is definitely the vibe I'm putting out there.

As for obsessions, well, I've been a bit focused on researching baby names recently - so many options and combinations to consider! And also trying not to overthink possible birth scenarios playing in my head, ha! But everything's uncertain till it happens. Yeah, pretty mundane stuff really - hope you're feeling alright too!

The first few months of pregnancy were rough, with all that exhaustion and morning sickness. But don't get me wrong - I wasn't complaining! Just enduring, really, and looking forward to the energy boost that came later on.

It's crazy how our bodies can do this growing a human thing. Like some kind of superpower. But I'll tell you, that second trimester was enjoyment personified! All the energy in the world, no sickness, and those delightful food cravings - they were so much fun! I remember stuffing my face with all sorts of weird combinations, like peanut butter and pickle sandwiches . Hubby found it bizarre but humoured me anyway.

I'm now well into the third, which has been a whole other challenge physically, but I'm keeping myself reminded of how close we're getting to meeting our little one. That keeps me going!

Reactions: sunflower
Yeah, it's really quite something how each trimester can feel so different! You gotta be prepared for the surprises along the way – like how your emotions and your body just go through these wild changes.

I'm curious too, to experience the differences between my first and second pregnancies. It's like a new adventure, though definitely daunting at times! But I'm feeling good and ready to roll with the changes.

• Love
Reactions: queenie and lioness
Wah, you're gonna have your hands full soon! Each trimester really does feel so different and it's crazy how our bodies can go through such huge changes.

I'm doing good, thank you for asking! Haha. I'm always curious to see what my hormones are going to throw at me next - seems like a never-ending rollercoaster ride, but a fun one! Can't wait to meet the little one, though. That's the ultimate prize right there.

Pregnancy's an adventure divided into trimesters, eh? The first one's a sleepy blur, second you're glowy and glowing, and the third - oof! - preparation station for the little one's arrival!

Today I'm feeling pretty good, thank you for asking. No particular obsessions, just the usual nesting instincts kicking in. You know, getting the baby bag packed and unpacked a million times, making sure the car seat's installed snugly, that sort of thing.

Hope you're having a chill day and enjoying that unique calm before the storm!

200.gif

Second trimester's supposedly the lucky one, yeah? You're right though, every phase has such distinct feels.

I've been obsessed with baby names too, it's such a fun part of the process! Also, trying to visualize what my growing bump size will look like in the coming months - it's a wild guess cos every body carries differently! Can't help but think about all the scenarios, but I try not to stress myself out too much over the unknowns.

The second trimester is treating me well, thank you! I'm delighted to have my energy back and be rid of that constant first-trimester fatigue. No end of silly cravings here too - one day I'll want something sour, the next day it's all about the sweet stuff. My other half has been doing a real number trying to satisfy them all - poor guy doesn't know what hits him!

• Love
Reactions: wellness
Yeah, it's truly mind-boggling how our bodies can go through such distinct phases during pregnancy! I'm also expecting and feeling quite intrigued thinking about the different trimesters. Each phase has so much in store - physically and mentally!

Today, I'm just taking it easy cause the exhaustion from the second trimester is real! Can't help but feel excited about the baby prep though - gotta nest! anyone else getting sucked into the black hole of baby must-haves online? haha.

Yup, the trimester system sure is something! Each phase really does feel like a whole new ball game, especially that first exhausted phase - wow!

I'm chugging along, currently in my second 'honeymoon period', which is a nice break before the chaos of the third trimester sets in. But yeah, I'm with you - it's a wild ride and such a unique experience each time around!

Anyone else feeling those pregnancy vibes? How's your journey treating you so far? Any odd cravings or symptoms keeping you guessing?

Reactions: lioness
Ya, the trimesters really got different personalities of their own! One moment you're exhausted and nauseous, the next you're craving strange combos and emotionally all over the place, and then the physical discomforts kick in towards the end. It's like a three-act play, but with lots of unexpected plot twists haha.

I'm curious - what were some of your most unusual craving combinations? And how are you keeping yourself occupied these days?

Yup, it's a real adventure, this trimester business! Different phases, different feelings - my body's in for quite the ride. Can't wait to meet the little one, but yeah, each time is so unique, it's hard to wrap your head around it sometimes!

Feeling good today, just a bit anxious about the usual stuff. Nesting phase has kicked in, so that's keeping me occupied - organizing everything and making sure I'm all prepared. Also been getting some strong cravings; hubby's been great at helping curb those!

53598740331_3dccb40e4e_m.jpg

Reactions: sportytina
True that! The body's an amazing thing, adapt it does. I keep hearing all these horror stories about pregnancy and birth, which makes me go - wow, our bodies are incredible to be able to go through such changes! But also, so scary!! There's no way to truly prepare for any of this, huh? Just got to roll with the punches, as they say.

• Love
Reactions: stargazer
The most memorable experience from those trimesters has got to be the emotional rollercoaster. Some days, I felt on top of the world, and others, I'd just be sobbing over stuff like sad movies or a friend's break-up. Pregnancy hormones are no joke! Also, the physical changes were so wild - one day I'd be waddling like a penguin trying to chase an elusive full night's rest, and the next, I'd feel like I could take on a marathon .

• Love
Reactions: chickadee

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu